Scheduling Instagram posts is a great way to save time and stay organized, but does it hurt engagement? The short answer is no. There is no evidence to suggest that Instagram penalizes scheduled posts. In fact, scheduling posts can help you maintain a consistent posting schedule, which is important for engagement.
However, there are a few things you can do to make sure your scheduled posts are performing well. In this blog post, we’ll discuss how to use scheduled posts effectively, how to get the most out of your scheduled content, and how to schedule Instagram posts using RecurPost.
Whether you’re a business owner, creator, or just someone who wants to grow your Instagram following, this blog post is for you. So read on to learn how to schedule Instagram posts without sacrificing engagement.
How does Instagram engagement work?
Instagram engagement is a measure of how people interact with your content. It includes things like likes, comments, shares, and saves.
Different types of Instagram engagement:
- Likes: Likes are the most common form of Instagram engagement. They are a simple way for people to show that they like your content.
- Comments: Comments are a more in-depth form of engagement. They allow people to share their thoughts and opinions on your content.
- Shares: Shares are when people share your content with their own followers. This is a great way to reach a new audience.
- Saves: Saves are when people save your content to their profile. This means that they are interested in coming back to it later.
How Instagram’s algorithm determines which posts are shown to users:
The Instagram algorithm is responsible for determining which posts are shown to users in their feeds. It takes into account a variety of factors, including:
- Engagement: Posts with high engagement are more likely to be shown to users.
- Relevancy: Instagram tries to show users posts that are relevant to their interests.
- Timeliness: Newer posts are more likely to be shown to users than older posts.
Why is engagement important for businesses and creators on Instagram?
Engagement is important for businesses and creators on Instagram because it helps to reach a wider audience and build relationships with potential customers and fans.
- Reach: When your posts have high engagement, they are more likely to be seen by other users. This can help you to reach a wider audience and grow your following.
- Relationships: Engagement also helps to build relationships with potential customers and fans. When people interact with your content, they are more likely to remember you and trust your brand.
- Sales: Engagement can also lead to increased sales. When people are engaged with your content, they are more likely to click on your links and visit your website.
Is scheduling Instagram posts bad for engagement?
No, scheduling Instagram posts and using an Instagram post planner is not bad for engagement. In fact, there is no evidence to suggest that Instagram penalizes scheduled posts. In fact, scheduling posts can help you maintain a consistent posting schedule, which is important for engagement.
However, there are a few things you can do to make sure your scheduled posts are performing well:
- Create high-quality content: Your content is the most important factor in determining engagement. Make sure your posts are visually appealing, informative, and relevant to your target audience.
- Post consistently: Aim to post at least once a day, but no more than three times a day. Posting consistently helps to keep your audience engaged and coming back for more.
- Use a variety of content formats: In addition to photos, videos, and Reels, you can also use Instagram Stories, IGTV, and carousels to mix up your content and keep things interesting.
- Interact with your followers: Respond to comments and questions, and like and comment on other users’ posts. This helps to build relationships with your followers and encourage them to engage with your content.
Even if you schedule your posts, it’s important to still interact with your followers in real time. This shows that you’re an active user and that you’re interested in connecting with your audience.
Here are some additional tips for scheduling Instagram posts effectively:
- Plan your content in advance: This will help you to stay consistent with your posting schedule and ensure that you have a variety of content to share.
- Use a scheduling tool: There are a number of different scheduling tools available like RecurPost. These tools can help you to schedule your posts in advance and save you time.
- Promote your scheduled posts on other social media platforms: Share your scheduled Instagram posts on other social media platforms, such as Twitter and Facebook, to reach a wider audience.
- Use relevant hashtags: Hashtags are a great way to get your posts seen by more people. Use relevant hashtags in your scheduled posts to help people find your content.
How do we know scheduling tools are not the culprit of low engagement?
- Instagram has not said that they penalize scheduled posts. In fact, they have said that they are supportive of businesses and creators using scheduling tools to save time and be more efficient.
- There is no evidence to suggest that scheduled posts have lower engagement than manually posted posts. In fact, some studies have shown that scheduled posts may actually have higher engagement.
- Scheduling tools simply automate the process of posting content to Instagram. They do not affect the quality of your content or the way that Instagram’s algorithm ranks your posts.
It’s important to note that engagement is affected by a variety of factors, such as the quality of your content, your posting frequency, and your target audience. So, if you’re seeing low engagement on your scheduled posts, it’s important to look at other factors that may be contributing.
How to schedule Instagram posts the right way using RecurPost
1. Create an Account With RecurPost
To begin with the scheduling process, you will first have to create an account with RecurPost. For this, you will need to visit RecurPost and complete the sign-up process. You will have to fulfill all requirements and add your name and email address. Once you fill in the details, your account will be ready to get started with scheduling.
2. Add Your Social Media Profiles
Once you create a free account, you will be taken to the RecurPost dashboard. Multiple features and services would appear on the navigation bar for you to skim through. There is also the option of managing your social accounts and content libraries. On the panel towards the left of the screen, there is an option saying “add social accounts”.
3. Connect Your Instagram Profile
Since you want to schedule a post on Instagram in particular, the upcoming step would be to connect your Instagram profile with the RecurPost interface. This window will appear on your screen when you click on the “Add social account” option:
From all the given options, you need to choose the one that falls under the Instagram category. Choose the option saying “Instagram business profile”. Once you click on that, you will be taken to the Facebook login screen since Instagram and Facebook accounts are connected. Enter your username and password there. After this, you need to grant certain permissions to the RecurPost app for operating your account.
You do not have to worry about the privacy of your personal information because RecurPost guarantees the safety of your details. Select the option “Allow” and your account will be ready to auto schedule Instagram posts.
4. Start Creating Posts
Once your account is set up and ready for functioning, you will have the option of adding either one-off posts or repeating posts. One-off posts are the updates that get published only once and repeating posts are the ones that get published multiple times in the future.
On the RecurPost main dashboard, there is an option saying “share a post” in a box. To create a one-off post, click on it.
Once you do that, a box will open up wherein you can add all the details about your post. The main content which will be in the form of a message or description needs to be added. It can either be a link or text. There is also the option of adding media like GIFs, images, or videos.
After you design your post and fulfill all requirements, choose the social accounts on which you want to release the content. You can even get a preview of how your content will look on the feed by clicking on the ‘Preview’ button in the bottom right corner of the box.
When all these steps are attained, it is time to put your post on a schedule. This can be done by choosing the “schedule” button and then adding the preferred date and time for posting. All your posts will then get published on Instagram as per the chosen schedules.
High reach and engagement on social media are influenced by many factors. Simply posting on a regular basis without interacting with your followers will not help your posts perform well. The quality of your content is also important, and if it is not relevant to your audience, they will not engage with it. Instead, use the time you save by using a scheduling tool to create high-quality content and interact with your followers.
Also, don’t miss out on RecurPost’s free trial! Experience the scheduling features for yourself and see how RecurPost can help you take your Instagram presence to the next level.
Frequently Asked Questions
No, scheduled Instagram posts do not get less views than manually posted posts. In fact, some studies have shown that scheduled posts may actually have higher engagement.
Yes, it is good to schedule Instagram posts. Scheduling posts can help you save time, maintain a consistent posting schedule, reach a wider audience, and improve your engagement.
No, scheduling posts does not reduce engagement. In fact, scheduling posts can help you to improve your engagement by helping you to maintain a consistent posting schedule and reach a wider audience. However, it is important to create high-quality content and engage with your followers in order to achieve high engagement.
Scheduling posts does not directly affect views. However, scheduling posts can help you to increase your views by helping you to maintain a consistent posting schedule and reach a wider audience.
Scheduling posts saves time and helps you maintain a consistent posting schedule, reach a wider audience, and improve engagement.
Create high-quality content that resonates with your target audience and interact with your followers authentically.
Amaiya Rathi is a Senior Content Writer at RecurPost. She helps RecurPost communicate with their readers in their own language. Whether it is the web copy, social media posts or blogs, Amaiya has worked on all aspects of copywriting. You can reach out to her at [email protected].