Do you want a free pass to more clicks, likes, comments, or reactions on your Facebook posts? Well, who wouldn’t?
If you learn how to repost on Facebook, you have the pass with you! This method is simple, quick, and very easy to implement, and it will not require you to source or produce any fresh content. And most importantly, it is free of cost!
Your Guide on How to Repost on Facebook:
What is Content Reposting?
As per the research from Scoop.it, 34% of marketers report their content several times on social media. In fact, most successful marketers continue to have a specific pattern of reposting content on their feed as compared to average content marketers.
Content reposting can be explained as re-sharing or posting an existing piece of content published by you on your feed. This is a practice that every content marketer should consider following because it will increase your returns on investment significantly. A social media automation tool can be used to ease the process.
Many content marketers don’t know how to schedule Facebook post & make the mistake of simply producing and posting a piece of content on by own, promoting it briefly, and then moving on to the next piece of content. They do not consider reposting or resharing their content on social media, and this can be a serious waste of resources if they thought practically. A lot can be done with a single well-performing post.
How To Repost On Facebook At The Best Times?
A good portion of content publishers would choose to repost a Facebook post within 10 days of posting on an average basis. There is also a long queue of content publishers that reposts on Facebook after multiple weeks of posting the original piece.
The question stands: what would be the best time to repost on Facebook?
The answer depends on factors like timeliness and the relevance of the content piece. For example, if your post contains a breaking news issue, it would become insignificant in a matter of hours. That is why you should repost it while it is still fresh on your audience’s feed.
Another way to get the best time to post on Facebook would be by using a Facebook automation tool like RecurPost. This tool will let you repurpose your content with its evergreen content libraries and give you the best times to re-share your content.
Now, let us learn about the ways in which you can repost on Facebook in different settings.
How to Repost on Facebook Story?
When Facebook added the stories feature to its offerings, it opened up doors for the users to market their content in a creative style. If you are Facebook user who wants to share a news feed post or reshare an existing post on Facebook story, you can do so by following these steps:
- Firstly, you will have to open the Facebook app on your iOS or Android device.
- Next, you need to tap on the Share button that you will find below the post you want to repost from your news feed.
- Over there, you will have to choose + Share to Your Story.
- The post will then appear as a preview in your story. You will have the option of changing the style, tap and hold to move it, or use two fingers to rotate it or change the size.
- If you want to add more information, you will have to choose Aa to add text, the sticker icon to add a sticker or the drawing icon if you want to draw something.
- Finally, you will have to select Next. Choose your audience and then, select Share Now.
How to Repost an Old Post to Facebook?
You might have a high-performing post on your feed that deserves a show-off again and that is why you would want to repost it. And social media scheduling tools can help you automate the process of reposting. Here is how you repost an old post to Facebook through different devices:
How to Repost on Facebook from a PC
- To begin, go to Facebook.com on your PC and log into your Facebook account.
- Next, look for the post you want to repost or share – you will have the option of reposting on another person’s timeline. You can also repost on a Facebook page.
- On the right side of the post below the post window, besides the Comment button, you will see an option saying Share, click on it.
- When you select Share, you will come across different share options. To go ahead, select an option. If you want to alter the share settings, choose Share from the options.
- Then the post will appear in a pop up window where you will be allowed to modify where it is shared, and its privacy. After modifying the post share details, tap on Post.
- If you want to repost on Facebook from a Facebook page, you will have to open the page and locate the post that you want to repost. Scroll down beneath the post and select Share.
- After that, pick one from the list of Share options. If you want to repost to your timeline, choose Share.
- From the top left corner of the Post pop up, tap on the drop-down and choose where you want to repost the post. When you are done, choose Post.
How to Repost on Facebook from the App
If you use Facebook App, here are steps to repost an existing post…
- Open up the Facebook App on your phone.
- Next, look for the post you want to repost.
- Scroll till you reach below the post and tap on Share.
- If you want to repost the post without making any changes, select Share Now.
- You can also modify the post before reposting it.
- The privacy of the post can be determined as well by clicking the Public drop-down.
How to Repost on Facebook Without a Share Button?
You can always repost on Facebook without a share button. Also, if you choose to schedule Facebook posts with RecurPost, you can repost on Facebook easily without a share button. Let us see how.
If you want to repost on Facebook without a share a button, here is how you can do it:
1. If you want to share a particular post from the Page, you need to go to the actual post by clicking on the date or time that it was posted.
2. Next, copy the URL from your browser
3. After that, click Home or logo from the top bar and commence a new status update.
4. Now Paste your URL into the new status. You will have to wait until the image of the post gets uploaded and then get rid of the messy URL (the post will still link).
5. To end, write a brief intro or whatever you were planning to post in front of it so that your audience understands the purpose of sharing.
If you want to repost on Facebook with RecurPost, here is how you can do it:
- First, log into your RecurPost account and you will enter the dashboard.
- On the panel towards the left, you will see all your added accounts. From the list, select the Facebook page that you have attached with the app.
3. After you select the page, you will see two options on your screen saying “Queue” and “History”. Select “History”.
4. In this section, you will see all the posts that you have scheduled on Facebook till date. Filter out the one that you want to repost by the date.
5. You will see an option saying Schedule Again for every post that you have scheduled. Click on it.
6. A window will appear on your screen wherein you can add the text for your caption, add any additional media or hashtags, and schedule it for posting later.
This was your complete guide to posting on Facebook. It is always a good idea to recycle your content to increase productivity and efficiency. If a certain content piece has managed to perform well in the past, it might bring good results again.
Also, using a social media scheduler like RecurPost can help you repost Facebook posts easily. You can automate and pre-schedule reposts as well. The progress or results from the reposts can be tracked as well via the analytics feature. RecurPost allows you to manage and schedule posts on multiple platforms at once. This is why it is one of the top HootSuite alternatives in the market.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you want to repost a Facebook post, follow these steps:
– Open up the Facebook App on your phone.
– Next, look for the post you want to repost
– Scroll till you reach below the post and tap on Share.
– If you want to repost the post without making any changes, select Share Now.
– You can also modify the post before reposting it.
– The privacy of the post can be determined as well by clicking the Public drop-down.
If you want to repost on Facebook with an iPhone, you need to follow these steps:
– First, go to the post you want to share and choose the Share icon you will see under it.
– After doing this, the post will pop up with edit options. In case you want to add something, add the text in the text box by tapping on it and allowing your phone’s keyboard to pop up.
– Once you are satisfied with your text, select the privacy settings for the post.
– Under your profile name, you will see the destinations button that you have to select to choose where you want your post to go.
– Once you are satisfied with the edits and want to share them on your own profile, then you can go ahead and choose Share Now.
When you choose to “share” a particular post that you like on your news feed, know that you will be sharing it without any comments or likes. In case you want to preserve certain comments, you can comment on it yourself and that will bump it to the top of your friend’s feed.
When you repost something on your feed, you should include a line at the end of your post to tag the originator of that post out of courtesy. Make sure you give credit.
You can always repost Facebook content but you must seek permission from the original creator before you do so. It is always a good idea to have a written agreement.
Debbie Moran is a Digital marketing strategist with 5+ years of experience producing advertising for brands and helping leaders showcase their brand to the correct audience. She has been a part of RecurPost since 2019 and handles all the activities required to grow our brand’s online presence.