Facebook is the most popular social media platform with the highest number of monthly active users. After Google and YouTube, it is the third-most visited website and its popularity isn’t going to diminish anytime soon. Whether you are an individual wanting to use FB for socializing or a brand hoping to scale up social media marketing, it is necessary to know how to make the most out of the platform and post on multiple FB accounts at once.
So, if you have also recently made an account on Facebook and want to enjoy its features for connecting with your friends and family or to promote your business, we will show you how to get started.
We’ll guide you through the process of how to post on Facebook profiles, pages, and groups, and also show how you can schedule facebook posts ahead of time using a social media scheduling tool. As a bonus, we have also included 5 tips to improve your Facebook engagement.
Let’s dig right in.
How To Post on a Facebook Profile
Your Facebook profile is where all your personal information will be stored. Your name, profile picture, cover photo, location, hometown, birthdate, workplace, education, etc. can be added to your profile. This information and the posts that you upload can be made public or private.
To upload a post on your Facebook profile, follow the below steps:
- Go to www.facebook.com This will open your Facebook News Feed if you’re already logged in. If not, enter your email address and password to log in to your account.
- Now, in the center of the screen, you will see a box saying ‘What’s on your mind?’. This is where you’ll be creating your post.
Click on it and a pop-up will appear. Here, you can add all the details of your post. You can write the caption, use emojis, add photos or video, add a check-in location, tag people, or host a QnA session. You can also add a colored background to your text by clicking one of the color blocks below the text box. However, the colored background is only supported for text up to 130 characters.
After adding all the details, simply hit the ‘Post’ button, and your post will be uploaded.
How To Post on a Facebook Page
From your News Feed, find the option of ‘Pages’ from the left-hand side panel.
Click on it and you’ll see the list of pages that you manage. Choose the page on which you want to publish a post.
Here, you will be able to manage everything related to your page. Here too, you will see a box saying ‘Create Post’. A pop-up window will appear where you will be able to add all the details of the post, just like you can do while posting on your profile.
You will also get an option to promote this post and run an ad by clicking on the ‘Boost Post’ button. After filling in your desired details and uploading media, click on ‘Post’ to make your post live on your Facebook page.
How To Post on a Facebook Group
Posting on your Facebook group is almost similar to posting on your Facebook page. From the left-hand side panel of the Newsfeed, select ‘Groups’.
On the next screen’s left-hand side menu, you will see the list of groups that you manage/administer and the groups that you are a member of. Along with the groups that you admin, you can also post on groups in which you are a member, if the admin has enabled the permissions. From the list, select the group in which you want to publish a post.
Next, click on the box saying ‘Write something’. You can either create a post, start a chat room, or start a live video from here. Click on the box and you’ll see all the options of features that you can include in the post.
While creating a post on a Facebook group, you will get some extra options to include in the post. You can ask people for recommendations, create a poll, create or tag an event, write a prompt, Upload multimedia, add GIFs, add a check-in, create a room, start a live video, or describe a feeling/activity.
After adding all the details, click on the ‘Post’ button and you are good to go.
We saw how you can create and publish a post immediately on Facebook profiles, pages, as well as groups. However, what if you need to schedule them for a later time? Let’s see how you can create and schedule Facebook posts in bulk using RecurPost – a social media scheduling tool.
How To Schedule Posts on Facebook
Scheduling your Facebook posts using a social media scheduler is a great way to post on multiple accounts at the same time. It helps you in sorting out a week’s or month’s worth of content at once, which can be amazingly helpful for social media managers.
Using RecurPost, you can bulk schedule Facebook posts, which saves you loads of time spent manually posting each update. It will also maintain the quality of content because you will be able to pre-plan all your content. Everything will be in line with your content strategy.
It will also help you cope with the time zones of your target audience if you are in the global market. By scheduling posts on multiple social media platforms ahead of time, you will never have to wake up in the middle of the night just to publish a post. Additionally, it will help maintain uniformity, consistency, and improve your efficiency.
RecurPost is the only tool that allows scheduling posts on personal profiles, pages, and groups (both that you administer and are a member of) – all together at the same time. Thus, it can be really handy when you are managing multiple accounts at the same time.
So, let’s see how you can Schedule Facebook Posts using RecurPost.
1. Create an account
No doubt, the first step would be to create a RecurPost account. You just need to go to https://recurpost.com/ and create your account. You’ll only be required to enter your email address, name, and start the 14-day free trial to experience the scheduling journey.
2. Connect your Facebook accounts
After signing up for RecurPost, you will be taken to the dashboard. Here, you will see the button saying ‘Add social accounts’.
Click on it and a pop-up will appear. Under the Facebook section, there will be three options: Profile, Page, and Group.
You can add all of your accounts one by one. Select the one that you want to connect and you will be taken to the login screen, if you’re not already logged in on your browser. Enter your FB account’s credentials and the next screen will ask you to give certain permissions to RecurPost in order to post on your account. Don’t worry, no personal information or login credentials will be saved or used by RecurPost.
Click on ‘Continue’ and you’ll be directed back to RecurPost, where you will see your accounts connected.
3. Create a one-off post
A one-off post is an update that will be shared on your account just once. On the dashboard, click on the ‘Share a post’ button.
A pop-up window will appear where you can add all the details of your post. Add description/caption, attach images/video or create a graphic directly from Canva, add hashtags, include emojis, and select the FB account that you want to post on.
Then you will have two options: Post the update instantly or schedule for a later date and time. To schedule your post, simply toggle on the ‘Schedule for later’ button and select the date and time according to your preference.
RecurPost provides one more exciting feature here, which is ‘Auto-schedule for best time’. When you select this feature, RecurPost will study the engagement level received in your previous posts and will find out your unique best time to post on Facebook. After adding all the details, your post will look something like this:
See the preview of the post by clicking on the little eye button, and confirm that every detail is correct. When you’re done, hit the ‘Schedule’ button and your post will be uploaded to your accounts when the scheduled time comes.
When you schedule posts on Facebook groups using RecurPost, you can post both as a profile or as a page. Learn more about it here.
4. Add content in libraries
Libraries allow you to categorize your posts neatly into different spaces. You can fill them up with awesome content and set a recurring schedule to make all that content go out in a loop on your FB accounts and other social platforms too.
After signing up, you will get 3 default libraries created. You can create more whenever you wish to. Inside the library, you will find a lot of options to add recurring updates. You can add a single update, add images/text/link posts in bulk, add content through a CSV/excel file, import content from a social account, or set up an RSS feed.
5. Add a recurring schedule
After adding content to your libraries, you need to set a recurring schedule to let the posts go out on your social accounts. To set a recurring schedule, go to the library and navigate to the ‘Your schedule’ tab. Then click on ‘Add recurring schedule’.
Here, you can select the frequency at which you want the updates to go out. Choose an option between weekly or monthly cycles, set the time, and hit the ‘Add Schedule’ button.
That’s all you need to know about how to post on Facebook accounts and schedule them using RecurPost!
How To Delete a Post on Facebook
You can delete both Facebook posts uploaded by you or made by your friends on your timeline. To delete a post, follow the below steps:
- Click on your profile picture on the top right corner.
- Scroll down a bit to see all the posts on your timeline.
- Find the post that you want to delete and click on the
on the top right of the post.
- A drop-down menu will appear where you’ll see the option of ‘Move to recycle bin’.
- Click on it and a pop-up will appear asking for your confirmation.
- Click on ‘Move’ and your post will be removed from your timeline.
These posts will be stored in the recycle bin for 30 days. You can restore them if you want before that time span completes. After that, the posts will be permanently deleted from Facebook. You can also move posts to the archive section if you don’t want them to disappear after 30 days. That way, you will be able to see and recover them whenever you want to.
How To Post on Facebook To Get The Maximum Engagement
1. Post Informative, Entertaining, or Inspirational Content
Content is definitely the king in the internet world. The kind of content that you put out on your social media will affect the kind of engagement that you receive. People scrolling their Facebook feeds are generally interested in something funny/entertaining, informative/educational, or motivating/inspirational.
People will engage with content that makes them smile, think, or affect their life in a positive way. When you consistently put out such content on your feed, your engagement rates will keep on increasing.
2. Learn About Your Audience and Their Interests
You’re clear with the kind of content that you want to post, but you also need to know the needs of your audience. What you find entertaining or inspiring will not always be relevant to your audience. When you know about your audience, you will be able to create content that resonates with them. And analytics is just the right place to find that out.
Facebook provides its own insights where you can see the demographics of your audience, their age range, gender, city, country, language spoken, and interests. Study this information carefully and look for information that can help you create meaningful content and build connections with your target audience.
3. Post at Times When Your Audience is the Most Active
There’s no point in creating great content if there’s no one to actually see and engage with it, right? Since Facebook runs on an algorithm, posting the right content at the right time is one of the major keys to increase engagement. And Facebook itself says that you are more likely to see engagement when your audience is online.
Either you can conduct A/B tests and find out your best time, or you can use a social media scheduler like RecurPost that provides the option of scheduling posts for the best time.
4. Engage with Your Audience
Social media is a two-way street. You can’t just post and expect your audience to always engage with your content. Make your audience know you. Engage with them, like and comment on their posts. Whenever someone leaves a comment on your posts, reply to them as soon as you can. Respond to every single DM that you receive.
No one likes to be ignored, and people who engage with your posts want you to engage in return. To initiate engagement yourself, you can consider using interactive elements on FB stories. Conduct a poll, do a QnA session, ask for feedback, or start a Facebook live.
5. Become Active on Facebook Groups
Facebook groups are a great way to engage with people who are not already in your connections. More than 1.8 billion people use Facebook groups. Interactions that take place in groups can lead to increased engagement on your accounts. You can create your own group or join already established relevant groups in your industry.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do you post something on Facebook?
To upload a post on your Facebook profile, follow the below steps:
- Go to www.facebook.com. This will open your Facebook News Feed if you’re already logged in. If not, enter your email address and password to log in to your account.
- Now, in the center of the screen, you will see a box saying ‘What’s on your mind?’. This is where you’ll be creating your post. Click on it and a pop-up will appear. Here, you can add all the details of your post. You can write the caption, use emojis, add photos or video, add a check-in location, tag people, or host a QnA session.
- After adding all the details, simply hit the ‘Post’ button, and your post will be uploaded.
2. How do I post on Facebook in 2021?
To post on Facebook in the latest version, follow the below steps:
- Log in to your Facebook account and go to your news feed.
- Click on the rectangular box saying ‘What’s on your mind?’
- A pop-up window will appear where you can add all the details you want to include in the post. write the caption, use emojis, add photos or video, add a check-in location, tag people, or host a QnA session.
- When you’re done, click on the ‘Post’ button to make your post live on your timeline.
3. What is the best way to post on Facebook?
Facebook provides a lot of options for creating a post that you can use to strike up engagement with your target audience. To create an awesome Facebook post, you can use the following ideas:
- Use multimedia – include photos, videos, memes, GIFs, infographics, etc. in your posts.
- Strike a conversation by hosting a QnA session.
- Go live and interact with your followers.
- Create informative and valuable content like tutorials or links to an interesting article.
- Focus more on sharing positive, funny, and inspirational content.
4. How can I increase my post reach on Facebook?
To increase your reach on Facebook, here are some tips and best practices:
- Work on your content formatting and craft unique captions. Avoid posting only external links or needless hashtags. Include a call to action or ask a question in the caption to strike a conversation.
- Be consistent with your content. Post regularly so that your target audience can notice you and see your posts on their feed. Tools like RecurPost will help you schedule posts to stay consistent. This will let Facebook’s algorithm know that you’re active and will improve your reach.
- Find out your own unique best time to post and upload your content during that time.
- Run targeted Facebook ads to reach a massive audience in a short span of time.
5. How to post on Facebook from your phone?
To post on Facebook from your phone, follow the below steps:
- Log in to your account from the Facebook app.
- On the top of the screen, you’ll see a box saying ‘What’s on your mind?’. Click on it and you’ll see all the options that you can use.
- Write the caption and upload photos/videos. You can also upload reels from your phone. Additionally, there are options to start a live video, host a QnA, create layouts, and upload a check-in.
- After adding your choice of details, click on ‘Post’ and you’re done.
6. How to post on Facebook business page?
To post on Facebook business page that you run, follow the below steps:
- From your News Feed, find the option of ‘Pages’ from the left-hand side panel.
- Click on it and you’ll see the list of pages that you manage. Choose the page on which you want to publish a post.
- Here, you will be able to manage everything related to your page. Here too, you will see a box saying ‘Create Post’. A pop-up window will appear where you will be able to add all the details of the post, just like you can do while posting on your profile.
To post on a Facebook page that you visit;
- Search for the Page you’d like to post on, then select it from the dropdown menu.
- Click ‘Create Post’ at the top of the Page and write your post.
- Click ‘Post’ and you’re done.
7. How to post a video on Facebook?
To post a video on Facebook, follow the below steps:
- Log in to your account and click on the ‘What’s on your mind’ button on the top of your newsfeed.
- Click on the green image icon and choose a video from your device.
- Select your audience and then click on ‘Post.’
8. How to post pictures on Facebook?
Follow the below steps to post a single picture or multiple images on Facebook:
- From the top of your News Feed or timeline, click on Photo/Video.
- Select the photos that you want to share from your gallery.
- Next, if you wish, you can add location, tag your friends, or add a feeling/activity.
- Click on ‘Post’ to make it live.
9. How to post a PDF on Facebook?
Facebook doesn’t allow uploading a PDF on personal profiles, but you can upload them on pages and groups. However, on a FB page, you can only upload a PDF when you have a restaurant page. The PDF can be uploaded as a menu. To upload one, go to the Page, and navigate to the ‘About’ section. Click “Add Menu,” near the bottom of the page. Select the PDF you want to upload and click on ‘Confirm’. Your PDF will appear on your page within a few minutes.
To upload a PDF on a FB group, go to the concerned group and click on the box saying ‘Write something’. Either drag and drop your PDF into this box or click “More” (3 dots) and select ‘Add File.’ Select the PDF you want to upload, write the caption, and click on ‘Post’.
If you wish to upload a PDF on your personal profile, the only way to do it is by converting the PDF into images. Turn each page of the PDF into a separate image and upload them all together in a post.
Wrapping it up,
Facebook is a platform where you are bound to be active, whether you wish to stay connected with your friends/family or you want to grow your business. And by making complete use of profiles, pages, and groups, you will be able to grow your presence in no time. Since now you know what to create and how to post, start uploading amazing content right away!
P.S. Take the 14-day free trial of RecurPost and experience scheduling your Facebook posts ahead of time!
Amaiya Rathi is a content writer at RecurPost. She helps RecurPost communicate with their readers in their own language. Whether it is the web copy, social media posts or blogs, Amaiya has worked on all aspects of copywriting.