“First impression is the last impression”. Just like almost anything else on the web, your Instagram bio is all about creating that first impression. Many people just take a few moments to check bios and images before they decide whether or not they should follow you. If your Instagram bio is attractive, people will decide to interact with your content or follow your account. If it doesn’t, they might lose interest. It is one of the best effective marketing ideas to position yourself on social media.
In this article by RecurPost, a social media scheduler, we’ll discuss an Instagram bio, how to schedule Instagram posts, how to write a kickass bio for Instagram, and some cool bio tricks. Above all, we will share 301 Instagram bio ideas that you can simply copy and paste into your profile!
Topics to be covered:
- What is Instagram bio
- How to write an Instagram bio?
- What should I put for my bio on Instagram?
- Instagram Bio Template to Follow
- Instagram bio tricks
- Instagram bio ideas for business
- Instagram bio ideas with emoji
- Instagram bio ideas aesthetic
- Instagram bio ideas for medical students
- Instagram bio ideas for fashion/retail business
- Instagram bio ideas for fitness
- Funny Instagram bios
- Instagram bio ideas for travel
- Instagram bio quotes
- Instagram bio ideas related to sports
- Instagram bio ideas related to music
- Instagram bio ideas for girls
- Instagram bio ideas for boys
- Instagram bio ideas for education
- Clever Instagram bio examples
- Instagram bio to get followers
- Instagram bio ideas related to food
- Instagram bio ideas for photography
- Instagram bio puns
- Inspirational Instagram bio examples
- Cool Instagram bio ideas
- Matching Instagram bios for couples
- Instagram bio ideas for personal accounts
- Creative Instagram bio ideas
- Hipster Instagram bio ideas
- How to write long bio on Instagram in 2023
- How to make Instagram bio attractive
- Unique Symbols for Instagram bio
- What are the platforms that RecurPost supports in addition to Instagram?
- Instagram bio FAQs
What is Instagram Bio?
Instagram bio is a small section under your username where you can share information about yourself or your business. In your bio, you can include a brief summary, contact details, hashtags, emojis, as well as a website link. You will need to remain below the cap of 150 characters for the best possible Instagram bio. Make the characters count! Did you know that a lot of people who come to this page search for “boi for instagram”? I mean, it clearly is a typo but the number of people who type boi instead of bio is just too high. I thought you would get a chuckle out of that.
How to write an Instagram bio?
You can literally write your Instagram bio the way you wish to. However, here are some Instagram bio insights that you may want to apply based on the latest trends.
1. Include a description of yourself
The perfect Instagram bios generally include a little bit of self-description. You can consider adding your job title, the name of your company/the company where you work, the things that you love, any awards you’ve received, or the things that make you stand out.
2. List down your interests
You need to interact with your audience in order to make a strong first impression. You can do that by sharing your interests. For example, you can include Travel, Lifestyle, Food, or anything about which you’ll be sharing more often on your account. The perfect bio will be the one that’s easy to read and reflects on your most appealing interests, which are two significant Instagram bio tips to grab.
3. Include your contact information
If you are the holder of a fan page or company, or you are a public figure/influencer, your Instagram bio must include your contact details. Most people write something like ‘For business inquiries, email [email protected].’ You can also ask people to send DM for any queries.
4. Include a call to action
If you’re a company owner or an influencer, including a call for action in your Instagram bio is necessary. Keep in mind that you can add a link that users can click on. So write a call to action saying ‘sign up for my course,’ ‘check out my new blog post,’ or ‘buy the latest fashion items now.’
What should I put for my bio on Instagram?
Your Instagram bio, like pretty much everything else on the internet, is all about generating a strong first impression. Most people check your bio and photographs for a few seconds before deciding whether or not to follow you. If your Instagram bio is appealing, they might decide to connect with your content or follow your account. If it isn’t, you risk losing their attention… for good!!
Below are a few points for Creating a Good Instagram Bio Trends 2023:
- My passion is to create a life.
- You must be a warrior in a world of worriers.
- Here you will see the captured moments from life.
- There is a reason for the tomorrows in our lives.
- I practice what I post on my blog.
- She turned her dreams into plans and turned her can of worms into cans.
Just a few tips to length bio design for Instagram:
- Make sure your tagline is unique.
- Don’t be extravagant. Keep it minimalistic.
- Use a hashtag that is branded.
- Emoji can be used to communicate.
- Your Instagram bio should include line breaks.
- Make your call to action appealing.
Instagram Bio Template to Follow
The finest Instagram captions can add context to your pictures, showcase your brand’s personality, entertain your followers, and compel them to take action.
Here’s everything you need to know about writing successful Instagram captions:
- Know your audience.
- Identify your brand voice.
- At the start of the caption, put the most important words.
- Use hashtags wisely.
- Ask a question.
- Use a call to action.
Let’s get in deep to understand the points better to create Instagram bio trends 2023:
1) Know your audience.
It will be easier to adjust your Instagram marketing plan to your audience’s wants and expectations if you get to know them better. To write the finest Instagram captions for your target audience, you must first figure out who follows you and looks at your material.
- What are their ages?
- What city do they call home?
- What do they do for a living?
Creating audience personas is a fantastic idea to further define your audience. This ensures that you consider your audience as actual people with real preferences with whom you can communicate. Once you’ve established who you’re speaking with, you can ask questions that will help you decide what to include in your captions:
- Is my audience going to get this reference?
- Is it okay to use emoticons and netspeak here?
- Is there anything else I need to say about this?
- What hashtags does my target audience use?
2) Identify your brand voice
Ask yourself, “What are the attributes and values my brand wishes to embody?” if you haven’t already done so as part of a larger social media marketing strategy. Create a list and utilize it to help you find your voice.
You might also try making a list of characteristics that describe your company and using those to choose the appropriate tone. For a vacation brand, words like “bold,” “curious,” and “authoritative” would be appropriate.
On the whole, Instagram users aren’t seeking a formal or serious tone. Of course, it is dependent on the industry and targets demographic, but try to keep things cheerful, utilize comedy where appropriate, and demonstrate individuality.
3) At the start of the caption, put the most important words.
Stick to 125 characters or less if you want your complete caption to appear “above the fold.” Followers will need to click “More” to access the whole of your text after that. As a result, don’t bury the lead. If you’re going to utilize a lengthy caption, make sure to start with the most crucial and attention-getting information. Any @mentions and hashtags should be placed at the end.
4) Use hashtags wisely
Use hashtags that are relevant to your content and the audience you’re trying to reach. Don’t employ so many that your material becomes crowded and difficult to read. If you want to utilize multiple hashtags but don’t want to clutter your caption, combine them after your post into a single “paragraph.”
5) Ask a question
In your Instagram description, pose a question to encourage people to interact with your image. Engagement is an important part of the Instagram algorithm, and it also gives you a chance to communicate with your followers. You probably won’t want to ask a question in every Instagram caption, but it’s a fine approach to use every now and again. Keep an eye on your comments and participate in the debate that your question generates.
6) Use a call to action
Don’t be hesitant to say so if you want folks to do a specific action after reading your piece. Direct people to the URL in your bio if you want them to visit your website.
Some Instagram bio tricks in 2023
1. Using different fonts
You can quickly copy and paste different Instagram bio fonts for your profile using a tool like LingoJam. Simply type your words into another font, for example, your name. After that, scroll through the available fonts and select the one that you like. Now just copy and paste this into your Instagram bio.
2. Instagram bio symbols
You can copy and paste symbols and stylish text using a tool such as CoolSymbol. There are a lot of cool signs like stars, copyrights, arrows, money, currencies, brackets, hearts, zodiac signs, etc. It will be copied instantly when you click on any of the icons. Then you simply need to paste them in your bio on Instagram.
3. Adding multiple links
We discussed above that you can add one website link to your Instagram bio. But, what if you wish to add multiple links? Linktree is a cool little website that will help you with this. You just need to sign up for a free account, log into your Instagram profile, and add all the links you want. After all that’s done, this link will end up leading your profile visitors to a multiple link list.
4. Adding neat space to Instagram bio
Using the Apps4Life free website, you can add line breaks to your Instagram bio (or captions) and press the Convert button to copy it to your clipboard. Then you can go to your app and paste the copied text straight into your Instagram bio or caption. This way, you can create neat line breaks without using characters like ‘.’ or ‘-’.
301 Instagram bio ideas you can implement
So now that you understand all that goes into great Instagram bios, let’s check some fantastic Instagram bio examples – 301 examples, to be precise! We understand that writing your own bio can be hard, and sometimes you simply need a little encouragement to get going to Repurpose your content. If you’re looking for a nice quote, an inspiring saying to include, or something unique to your field (maybe fitness or photography), we got options for you. Some of these are ready to copy and paste, while others may need a little customization to suit your needs better. If you want to get ideas regarding stories, you can read this guide on Instagram story ideas to get more engagement.
1. Instagram bio ideas for Business
- “The power plant doesn’t have energy, it makes energy.” – Brendon Burchard
- I help [type of client] to [benefit] by [what you offer].
- Offering customers the best _______. [cookies/copywriting/photography]
- Providing customers in the [city] with the finest [your offering].
- Leading the [your industry] forward with our innovation and creativity.
- Treating our patients with the respect and dignity we show our family.
- [Services] to help [ideal customers] | [hobby] | Free guide ⬇️
- Doing our best to make you look your best
- [Mission statement] | Helping [ideal clients] relieve stress
- Raising the bar, one _____ [product] at a time
- Providing the best experience by producing the highest quality
- We present the best process for your progress | Transforming [ideal customers]
- The future: imagined today. | Helping [customers] overcome
- Leading the industry forward, beginning with you | Building up [ideal customer]
- Your success is our priority.
- Your full service, _______ based out of [city].
- We’re a [type of company] focused on [niche] based in [adjective] [city].
2. Instagram Bio Ideas With Emoji
Below are some of the trendy Instagram bios 2023 with emojis:
- 🐦: (Twitter handle) 👻: (Snapchat handle) 🎥: (youtube handle)
- Traveler ✈️ Obsessed with tacos 🌮 📚Study 📚
- 👉Dance Lover👔 Book Lover 📖🎧Music 💖
- Cancer survivor 🎗️
- Personal Trainer 💪 Dancer 💃 Meditator 🧘
- Spreading love ❤️ over fight in 🌎
- Entrepreneur ➕ Globetrotter ➕ Motivational Speaker
3. Instagram bio ideas aesthetic
- Kind words are completely free.
- Look in the mirror, and you’ll see your rival.✌️
- A simple hug can cure big issues in life.
- Sometimes, the fear of losing someone makes us lose them.
- Sorry for wearing the same boring face every day.
- This story’s protagonist is me. Please don’t try to save me.
- They don’t deserve you, so keep busy.
- I’m getting an opportunity to express my sentiments to you.
4. Instagram bio ideas for medical students
- We are thrilled to be able to help others heal. #healothers
- It takes years and years of hard work to earn the honor of being called a doctor.
- We are the most effective wound healers.
- All scars can be healed with laughter.
- Have faith in yourself. You know a lot more than you think.
- Doctors are the most sympathetic people you will ever meet.
- During surgery, “It’s indeed God, not me, who does miracles.”
- Don’t suffer in pain because we are the best pain relievers for your body.
- Diseases can be treated with medicine, but only doctors can treat patients.
- As doctors, we are really proud of ourselves. #proudasadoctor
5. Instagram bio ideas for fashion/retail business
- Your ultimate guide to the hottest styles and latest trends
- Keeping you in style all day, every day
- “Shoes transform your body language and attitude. They lift you physically and emotionally.” —Christian Louboutin
- From boots to button-downs, we’re here to tell you exactly what to buy…and what to leave on the rack
- Keeping you in touch with fashion’s finest in every season
- Shop ___________ [swimwear, dresses, suits] in store and online now.
- Dress for success with _________ [brand name]
- “Luxury is the ease of a T-shirt in a very expensive dress.” ―Karl Lagerfeld
- ____ fashion found here [vegan, minimalist, vintage, sophisticated]
- Changing the fashion industry, one ____ at a time [bag, dress, shopper, mindset]
- Everyday style brought to you every day
- Welcome to your virtual closet
- “Fashion is what you’re offered four times a year by designers. And style is what you choose.” —Lauren Hutton
- A peek into my fashionable life
- How and when to mix and match: price points, fabrics, patterns, and more
- My glimpse into my wardrobe: trendy, affordable, and chic fashion
- My outfits in tiny squares
- I don’t do fashion, I am fashion.
6. Instagram bio ideas related to fitness
- Keeping you on that grind, 24/7
- Looking for motivation and inspiration on your fitness journey? You’ve come to the right place.
- It’s time to make a change for the better. Let us help.
- You’ve got goals. We’re here to make sure you achieve them
- A positive, uplifting space to share your fitness journey with others on the road to a healthier lifestyle.
- You’ve only got one body – keep it clean
- A healthy body starts with a healthy mindset – let’s stay positive together!
- You’re not in this alone…Let us join you on your journey to a healthier, happier lifestyle.
- Fitness is a lifestyle, and we’re a community.
- Down XXX pounds with a healthy lifestyle
- Changing lives through movement and mobility.
- Eat to live, not live to eat. – Socrates
- Eating healthy can be delicious and easy. Meal prep videos every week!
- Healthy living begins with a healthy mind.
- Walking is the best possible exercise. Habituate yourself to walk very far. – Thomas Jefferson
- Helping you build sustainable habits so you can live a more happy, healthy & fulfilled life!
- Healthy living doesn’t have to be difficult | Follow along for all the tips and tricks!
- You don’t need to be perfect. You just need to be better than you were yesterday.
7. Funny Instagram bios
- Sassy, classy with a touch of badassy
- Recovering ice cream addict
- Humble with just a hint of Kanye
- Relationship status: Netflix and ice cream
- Words cannot express my passion and love for Fridays
- Chocolate never asks me any questions, chocolate understands me.
- Kanye attitude with Drake feelings.
- Sometimes I just want to give it all up and become a handsome billionaire.
- Gifted napper, talker, and ice cream eater.
- I might look like I’m doing nothing, but in my head, I’m quite busy.
- My hobbies are breakfast, lunch, and dinner topped with a chocolate dessert.
- I apologize for anything I post while hungry
- Humble, with just a hint of Kanye
- I’d rather steal your dessert than your boyfriend
- One day, I hope to become a grown-up
- Instagram bio currently loading
- I’m actually not funny. I’m just really mean but people always think I’m joking.
- Used to think I was a tad indecisive, but now I’m not quite sure
- I’m a social media guru. No, really, I am.
- Life is short so I’m smiling while I’ve still got all my teeth
- My hobbies are breakfast, lunch, and dinner topped with a chocolate dessert
- Relationship status: Netflix and ice cream
- The bags under my eyes are Chanel
- Do unto others…then split!
- I’m brilliant – just ask me!
- Of course, I talk to myself – I need some expert advice.
- My wallet is like an onion – opening it makes me cry.
- Never ask a starfish for directions.
- I’m glad I don’t have to hunt for my food. I don’t even know where pizza lives!
- I’m so stressed that even my hair hurts.
- I brainstormed so hard I got struck by lightning.
- It’s not sarcasm, I just don’t like you.
- I like to keep my six-pack well insulated!
- Never trust a skinny cook!
- When in doubt, mumble.
- You’re bacon me crazy.
- If life gives you lemons, return them!
- If you can’t laugh at your own problems…give me a call – I’ll laugh at them!
- When in doubt, filter that shit out!
- I wish common sense was common.
- Namast’ay on Instagram all day.
8. Instagram bio ideas for travel
- Wishing I was [in the mountains/on the beach/zip-lining in the rainforest]!
- You can find me wandering the streets of [your latest destination]!
- “Don’t worry about the world ending today, it’s already tomorrow in Australia.” – Charles M. Schulz
- Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer!
- Travel buddies for life ❤️ [tag your travel buddy]
- Age is no barrier when it comes to travel.
- Your one-stop shop for all things travel.
- Follow along, let’s travel the world together.
- Living my best life…out of my suitcase.
- “Not all those who wander are lost.” – J.R.R. Tolkien
- Life begins at the end of your comfort zone. That’s why I travel.
- I’ve always got a bag packed.
- Constantly checking for cheap flights.
- Checking the countries off my list! ____/195 [fill in how many countries you’ve visited]
- I only spend money on flights and AirBnBs!
- Professional jet-lag fighter.
- My favorite place I’ve ever visited is ______.
- Always dreaming of _____ [a sunset in Maui, sunrise over the Alps, etc.]
9. Instagram bio quotes
- In a world where you can have everything. Be a giver first.
- Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, you’re right.
- Together we could be unstoppable
- Wanting to be someone else is a waste of who you are
- Creativity solves everything.
- Simplicity is the key to happiness.
- In a world of darkness look up at the stars
- All I do is win, win, win. No matter what.
- To love oneself is the beginning of a life-long romance.
- I would rather die of passion than of boredom.
- Life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we react to it.
- You may find the worst enemy or best friend in yourself.
- Don’t worry about failures, worry about the chances you miss when you don’t even try.
- Speak less than you know; have more than you show.
10. Instagram bio ideas related to sports
- Helping [team] run smoothly [good for product businesses]
- “Do you know what my favorite part of the game is? The opportunity to play.” – Mike Singletary
- Your headquarters for _____ updates. Catch us live every Monday at noon.
- Inspiration from the greatest across sports [quotes and stories about sports figures]
- “If you push me towards a weakness, I will turn that weakness into a strength.” – Michael Jordan
- “Every strike brings me closer to the next home run.” – Babe Ruth
- Information and inspiration for everyday athletes.
- Basketball, football, chasing my kids down the street [list of sports you love]
- Being an athlete means taking care of yourself. | Physical Therapist/Sports Medicine
- The latest and greatest sports news of ____ [team/city/university/etc.]
- “You were born to be a player. You were meant to be here. This moment is yours.” – Herb Brooks
- [That specific year] _____ Champions. [link to any other accounts your team has/promotes]
- “Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard.” – Tim Notke
- “Practice like you’ve never won. Play like you’ve never lost.” – Michael Jordan
- “You’re never a loser until you quit trying” -Mike Ditka
- Everyone champion was once a contender that refused to give up
- Start Unknown. Finish Unforgettable.
11. Instagram bio ideas related to music
- “Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.” ― Maria Augusta von Trapp
- [Album] available _____
- [Tour] coming to a city near you [dates]
- Record Label/Awards/List Achievements
- New music on Spotify now! Sharing our favorite behind-the-scenes every week.
- “One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.” ― Bob Marley
- The constant stream of music news that you need in your life
- If music is what fuels your soul, you’ve come to the right place. Here is a guide to how Musicians can optimize their social media profiles and use social media for promoting their music.
- A collaborative space for artists and musicians. Want to be featured? Send us a DM!
- Let the music move you…
- “To live is to be musical, starting with the blood dancing in your veins. Everything living has a rhythm. Do you feel your music?” ― Michael Jackson
- Your go-to authority for all the pop culture updates you could need. Live every day at 2 pm.
- Highlighting a new artist every day, mixing genres, crossing lines
- Making music. Teaching others. Living in the rhythm.
- Putting my soul to words through music. Follow the journey.
- Let the music fill your bones and the rhythm fill your soul.
- Don’t stop dancing.
12. Instagram bio ideas for Girls
- I shine from within so no one can dim my light
- Happiness never goes out of style
- Smart. Strong. Silly. Straight up class act.
- Who runs the world? ME.
- Always give 100% — unless you’re donating blood.
- Turning my dreams into my vision and my vision into reality.
- Sand in my toes and saltwater in my curls.
- My standards are high… just like my heels.
- I’m a woman with ambition and a heart of gold
- Sometimes depressed, stressed…, but still well dressed.
- Leaving a bit of sparkle everywhere I go ✨
- Me: Happy girls are the prettiest. Also me: I’d like to buy 15 pounds of makeup, please.
13. Instagram bio ideas for boys
- Born to express, not impress.
- I got here by being me, so I’ll continue being me.
- You couldn’t handle me even if I came with instructions.
- Kilometers are shorter than miles. To save gas I’ll take my next trip in kilometers.
- I’m out here hustlin’ to claim what’s mine.
- Living life on my own terms
- I don’t care what people think of me. This is me in rawest form.
- I’d rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
- I don’t care what people think of me. This is me in the rawest form.
- Risk-taker. Adventurer. Globetrotter. Living my dreams.
- Be all in or get out. There is no in-between.
- I might not be where I want to be yet but I get closer every day.
- One day, I hope to be a happily married old man telling wild stories from his wild youth.
14. Instagram bio ideas for education
- Learning isn’t only for children. When’s the last time you learned something new?
- Bringing learning to the smartphone. We go live every Wednesday at 9 am!
- “Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school.” – Albert Einstein
- Looking to learn a new skill? Bite-size learning below ⬇️
- Who says you don’t have time to learn? Teaching [topic] in five minutes or less.
- It’s never too late to start learning something new!
- Finally ready to take the leap? Let us guide you through the world of _________!
- You’ve thought about it long enough. Now is the time. You’re ready to learn. Let us help!
- Your one-stop shop for all things _________.
- Teaching [ideal students] about [your topic] to improve their lives. [or another benefit]
- The art of teaching is the art of assisting discovery.
- Change is the end result of all true learning.
- Want to jumpstart your education? Click the link below!
- Everyone should know how to _______. That’s why we’re here to help.
- I spent 15 years teaching at [school], but now I want to help you. Learn [topic] every day.
- Learning without homework. A dream or what you’ll find here?
- Teaching and coaching the next generation of [profession]
- Learning never needs to end.
15. Clever Instagram bio examples
- Sweet as sugar, tough as nails.
- Catch flights, not feelings.
- Currently saying yes to new adventures
- Everyone else was taken so this is me
- I’m real and I hope some of my followers are too.
- If “love is in the air” why is the air so polluted?
- Midnight snacker 🌝
- I can’t remember who I stole my bio from or why.
- I’m cool, but global warming made me HOT
- Simply look at me. God is amazingly creative.
- Stress does not go with my outfit!
- I speak fluent sarcasm!
- Don’t DM. Telepathy only!
- Lazy is such an ugly word, I prefer SELECTIVE PARTICIPATION!
- Work hard for 5 days to enjoy the 2 days to the fullest.
- I hope Karma slaps you in the face right before I do!
- Remember it’s just a bad day, not a bad life.
- Life on earth is expensive, but it includes a free trip around the sun.
- I’m not actually online, it’s just an optical illusion.
16. Instagram bio to get followers
- Click the follow button to be part of my [adjective] journey
- Wanna know my story? Press that follow button.
- I’m on my journey. Join me by following along.
- Follow me then follow the link below!
- My story will inspire you, so be sure to hit that follow button
- Follow me to get a behind the scenes look at my life
- Don’t know what to do? You can start by hitting that follow button.
- Follow Me To Greatness
17. Instagram bio ideas related to food
- Wish I was a hobbit: I love my second breakfast.
- Your destination for Thai-inspired recipes [or any type of food]
- The complete guide to eating and drinking your way through [city]
- Cooking my way through the _____ diet [keto diet, paleo, etc.]
- Simple recipes with 5 ingredients or less. Ready-to-eat in 30 minutes!
- Sweet, salty, and everything in between
- Take a trip with us to Foodie Heaven
- Recipe ideas, culinary inspo, and all sorts of tips and tricks for your own kitchen
- Providing you with a steady diet of food videos and recipes
- Caution: this account may make your mouth water
- Reviews and recommendations of where to eat across America [good for travelers]
- Eating mindfully can be as easy as 1-2-3. Guiding you to think before you chew.
- What a [dietician/athlete/business owner] eats in a day. Plenty of [pizza/smoothies/chocolate]. Occasionally [salad/cookies/gummy bears].
- Food designed to inspire you to cook. And maybe make your mouth water.
- [Plant based/vegan/pescaterian] recipes anyone will love! Yes, even your picky eaters.
- Special talents including licking every plate clean.
- Pass the menu, please.
- Your resident [city] foodie
20. Instagram bio ideas for Photography
- Getting into focus with the finest ______ [models, glimpses of nature, etc.]
- Do you see what I see?
- Documenting my life and the things I love to see
- Focusing on things that make me happy. Showing them to you along the way.
- Experimenting with an iPhone, a tripod, and a self-timer
- “In photography, there is a reality so subtle that it becomes more real than reality.” — Alfred Stieglitz
- “The best thing about a picture is that it never changes, even when the people in it do.” — Andy Warhol
- Welcome to my photo library in tiny squares. DM for inquiries!
- Seeing the world through my own lens
- My camera = your window to the world
- My life through pictures
- Models, nature, and pets, oh my! Want your camerawork to be featured? Shoot us a DM!
- Capturing glimpses of life’s best moments
- [Weddings/Headshots/Products/Families] | Started in 2016 | Your biggest fan.
- Showcasing memories, love, and joy through photography
- Your neighborhood photographer, specializing in [type of photography]
- Making photography easy. How to take pictures with an iPhone.
- Photos around the world: my visual travel diary
21. Instagram bio puns
- Don’t be a salty beach.
- Never wasting thyme.
- Nothing makes me as happy as pi
- Orange you glad you’re following me!?
- You’re kale-in’ me!
- We are mint to be.
- Life keeps giving me lemons. LIME tired of it!
- We make quite a pear!
- Owl always give a hoot about you.
- Ready to wine down for the evening.
- Architects are good at coming up with a concrete plan.
- How much does a hipster weigh? An Insta-gram.
- PIC-me-ups to brighten your day!
- You shamrock my world!
- You can find me at the barre.
- Life is gouda.
- All I need is carbs.
22. Inspirational Instagram bio examples
- Life is tough but so are you.
- Pain was made for you to overcome it.
- The man on top of the mountain wasn’t born there.
- Don’t let yesterday ruin today.
- Be someone else’s reason to smile.
- Sometimes you just have to suck it up and handle it.
- It’s easy to get caught in the waves, but there’s always someone to pull you to shore.
- Never be too busy to see the sunrise.
- If you’re up a tree, enjoy the view.
- Never let the size of your dreams share you.
- Rise above it!
- Light the flame but don’t get burned.
- Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning to dance in the rain.
- If it rains, look for rainbows. If it’s dark, look for stars.
- Prove everyone wrong.
- If you feel like you’ve been buried, maybe you’ve been planted. Bloom.
- Trust the timing of your life.
- Impossible is for the unwilling.
23. Cool Instagram bio ideas
- Making every day magical.
- Captivated from life, showing it here.
- Trying to remember who I was before the world told me who to be.
- We have tomorrows for a reason.
- When it rains I look for rainbows, when it’s dark I look for stars.
- Just making sure to love life.
- I would rather die of passion than of boredom.
- I already want to take a nap tomorrow.
- First I drink the coffee. Then I do things.
- The bad news is time flies. The good news is you’re the pilot.
- My mission in life is not merely to survive but thrive.
24. Matching Instagram bios for couples
- I belong with you…
…You belong with me
- Look at the sky tonight…
… All of the stars have a reason.
- You are mine… @NAME TAG
And I am yours… @NAME TAG
- The Boss 👑
The REAL Boss 👑
- I don’t do matching bios but…
… I do! @NAME TAG!
- But when it hurts, I can make it better…
… Girl if it works, it’s gonna be forever.
- I am the happiest when…
… I am right next to you.
- You hold the 🔑
To my 💛
- Don’t go BACON my heart 🥓
I couldn’t if I FRIED 🍳
- The Quiet One
The Loud One
- Big Spoon 🥄
Little Spoon 🥄
25. Instagram bio ideas for personal accounts
Below are 10 best bio for Instagram in 2023:
- Happiness depends upon ourselves.
- I’d rather regret the things I’ve done than regret the things I haven’t done.
- Cherish forever what makes you unique, cuz you’re really a yawn if it goes.
- The only impossible journey is the one you never begin.
- It is not enough that we do our best; sometimes we must do what’s required.
- If you don’t like the road you’re walking, start paving another one.
- You can be the lead in your own life.
- When the whole world is silent, even one voice becomes powerful.
- Action is eloquence.
- Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.
26. Creative Instagram bio ideas
- I turn can’ts into cans and dreams into plans.
- I only need a smile to turn around a bad day.
- Face the world with a smile, it will give up and smile back.
- It doesn’t matter how slowly you go as long as you don’t stop.
- I believe in making the impossible possible because there’s no fun in giving up.
- Life always offers you a second chance. It’s called tomorrow.
- Leave a little sparkle wherever you go.
- I’m on a seafood diet. When I see food, I eat it.
- There is nothing so serious about life, we are here to eat, look beautiful then die.
- Be your own kind of beautiful.
27. Hipster Instagram bio ideas
- Award-winning coffee fanatic.
- Gamer. Troublemaker. Evil bacon nerd.
- Proud pop culture aficionado. Unapologetic music geek.
- I’m jealous of my parents, I’ll never be able to have a kid as cool as theirs.
- A very caffeine dependent life form.
- Just another paper-cut survivor.
- I always prefer my puns to be intended.
- The only person on Instagram who doesn’t claim to be a social media guru.
- Be all in or get out. There is no in between.
- I’m here to avoid friends on Facebook.
How to write long bio on Instagram in 2023
A ‘character’ actually refers to everything including punctuation, numbers, and most importantly, emojis! And you’ve got 150 characters to describe your account in your bio. Cutting down on emojis is one way of maximizing your characters and writing a long bio on Instagram.
You can go for a minimalist Instagram bio and cut down on special characters in order to save space for more text. You can also pick up something from the above ideas that we have listed that contain ideas for a short bio for Instagram.
In order to stand out on Instagram, you must have a trendy minimalist bio. Other than that, there is no official way to increase the character limit. However, you can follow the below tips to get your brand message across apart from writing the bio.
- Add a link to your bio and redirect people to important information. You can also add multiple links using sites like Linktree.
- Create more posts. You can add a caption of 2200 characters in each post and tell people more about your brand.
- Make use of story highlights. Separate them into categories to make it easier for your followers to browse relevant information.
How to make Instagram bio attractive
Here are 7 tips to make your Instagram bio attractive:
- To make your Insta bio interesting, you can use a unique tagline in your bio. You can also add your company’s mission, vision, or values.
- Keep your bio as simple as possible because minimal is the new cool! Only include relevant information that people would want to know.
- Link your other social accounts. Linking the account with your accounts on Facebook, Twitter, and Snapchat would allow your followers to find your company even on those social media platforms.
- Include your branded hashtag in the bio.
- Illustrate your strengths using line breaks to your Instagram bio. Plus, it makes your Instagram profile more consumable.
- Add emojis but not more than one or two.
- Include an appealing call to action. It can target visitors to your store, to your newsletter sign up form, your email, or to call you.
Instagram bio symbols
You can copy and paste any of these symbols to spruce up the headings & text in your Instagram bio. Unlike emojis, these symbols are cross-platform, i.e. with few exceptions, these look the exact same on every device.
- Lines and brackets: │ ┇ ║ 【 】《 》⫷ ⫸ ◤ ◢
- Hearts: ❦ ❣ ♥ ❤ ♡ ღ
- Stars: ★ ☆ ✦ ✧ ✩ ✶ ✨
- Asterisks: ✱ ⁕ ❋ ✻ ✽ ❃ ✿ ❊
- Checkmarks: ✓ ✔ ☑
- Smiley faces: ☺ ☻ ツ
- Numbers: ➊ ➋ ➌ ➍ ➎ ➏ ➐ ➑ ➒ ➓
- Unique: ♕ ∞ ⚜ ☘ ✌ ⚡ ☮ ☕ ☄ ⚓ ⌚ ⚛ ♫ ♻
- Emojis using symbols: (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ˘ ³˘)❤ (▰˘◡˘▰) (✿◠‿◠) ♥‿♥ ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ (>‿◠)✌ (◕‿-)
- Spiritual/philosophical symbols: ∞ ☥ ✝ ☪ ✡ ☸ ☯ ⚘ ⚕ ⚖ ☬
What are the platforms that RecurPost supports in addition to Instagram?
RecurPost helps you in driving more traffic to your site by scheduling posts on multiple channels targeting the right audience and posting at the best time.
You can schedule Facebook posts and schedule Instagram posts to engage your audience with entertaining posts. It is possible to post on your profiles, pages, and groups on Facebook. You can post on your personal and business profiles on your Instagram account.
You can schedule tweets with RecurPost by creating variations. RecurPost enables you to schedule LinkedIn posts on your personal and business pages and start networking with global leaders in your industry.
RecurPost is the perfect Pinterest scheduler for you if you’re big on visual marketing. It also allows you to schedule Google My Business posts with CTAs of your choice, which helps improve your business ranking on google.
To sum up,
A good Instagram bio will help boost your Instagram account and your personal and professional goals. If your aim is to increase followers or make more sales, you can add a call to action to get people to do particular things when they visit your account.
Once you have everything set on your Instagram bio, it’s time to prepare awesome content regularly. Maintaining a consistent presence on Instagram is very crucial to build brand awareness, promoting products through Instagram, and gaining followers. To make the most out of your Instagram marketing efforts, it is advisable to prepare an editorial calendar and publish posts at the right time.
RecurPost is a social media scheduling tool that will help you do this. Being the best class of free hootsuite alternatives as well as a post planner alternative, which provides an Instagram post scheduler that lets you create an advanced editorial calendar, schedule posts in advance, finds the best time to post, give insights about your audience and top-performing posts with social media bulk scheduling, and a lot more. Click here to learn more.
Instagram bio FAQs
Instagram provides a 150-character limit to be used in your bio. That’s actually sufficient if you use the space with concise and impactful word choices. All of the above-mentioned Instagram bio ideas are within the 150-character limit and can be copy-pasted to your bio.
To add a link to your Instagram bio:
– Open your Instagram mobile app.
– Visit your profile by tapping the person icon on the bottom right.
– Tap Edit Profile at the top of the screen.
– Add a link to your website or landing page in the format of shopify.com.
– Tap Done to save your bio.
To change your Instagram bio,
– Go to your account and click on ‘Edit profile.’
– Here, you can change personal info like the profile picture, Name, Username, Bio, website link. Simply remove the old content and add your new bio.
– Business info like Facebook page connected to your Instagram account, Category of your account, contact options, and action buttons can be edited too.
– After doing all the necessary edits, click on ‘Done’.
To add/edit the location on your bio,
– Go to your Instagram account and click on ‘Edit profile’.
– Under the ‘Public business information’ section, you can edit your company location.
– Once you’ve finished updating your location, tap Done to return to your profile.
To have a center bio on Instagram, follow the below steps:
– Open the Notes app on your phone.
– Create a new note.
– Paste your bio and add spaces to it.
– Copy the bio from Notes by selecting all (including spaces)
– Open the Instagram app and go to Edit Profile.
– In the bio section, paste the text. The number of spaces you add to the text will dictate if it gets centered or not.
– If not, go back to Notes and adjust the spaces as you like.
Below are the things to write in bio on Instagram:
– Use your business name if possible in the username. Try to avoid using numbers or special characters.
– In the description, talk about yourself or your business and let people know what they can expect when they follow you.
– In the website field, add a link to your website, blog, etc.
– Add a business category.
– Add a call to action button. You can choose a few between email, directions, call, book, reserve, and get tickets.
– Include one or two relevant hashtags in the description.
Here are some cool Instagram bio hacks:
– Add line breaks to your bio. Simply write your bio with the line breaks in some apps other than the Instagram app such as any notes app and then copy-paste it.
– Add spaces and different alignments to your bio.
– Keep your bio in the center.
– Use different fonts and add symbols in your bio.
– Add links to your blog, website, or youtube.
Follow the below steps to put a link in your Instagram bio:
– Open your Instagram app and go to your profile.
– Tap “Edit Profile” at the top of the screen.
– Write a custom description in 150 characters or less.
– Add your choice of link in the ‘website’ field.
– Add links to other profiles by tapping “@” followed by the profile’s handle.
– Add hashtags by tapping “#” followed by the hashtag you associate with.
– Tap “Done” to save your bio.
To add location in your Instagram bio, follow the below steps:
– Open your Instagram app and go to your profile.
– Tap “Edit Profile” at the top of the screen.
– Under “Public Business Information,” select “Contact Options.”
– Next, select the “Business Address” text box to add a location.
– Fill in the text boxes for street address, city/town, and zip code.
– Check all the information and tap on “Done” on the top-right corner of the screen.
To change font in Instagram bio, you need to use an Instagram Font Generator. Some tools that you can use are IGfonts.io, FontGet – Instagram font generator, MetaTags font generator, and Fonts.Social. Select any one of these and follow the below steps:
– Open the font generator, say MetaTags.
– Type your text at the left of the screen.
– Several font options will show up. Pick the one that you like. Copy the text.
– Go to the Instagram app. Tap at your profile
– Click at the top of your profile at ‘Edit Profile.’
– Paste the text on your bio, and you’re done.
To add spaces in Instagram bio, you need to type in the next in another application like Notes and then copy-paste it into your bio. The steps are as follows:
– Open your phone’s notes app and type out your bio, with the line-breaks/spaces you want to include.
– Select the text and copy it.
– Go to the Instagram app. Tap at your profile.
– Click at the top of your profile at ‘Edit Profile.’
– Paste the text on your bio, and save it.
Need inspiration for writing your Twitter bio? Read this blog on Twitter bio ideas.
Amaiya Rathi is a Senior Content Writer at RecurPost. She helps RecurPost communicate with their readers in their own language. Whether it is the web copy, social media posts or blogs, Amaiya has worked on all aspects of copywriting. You can reach out to her at [email protected].