“First impression is the last impression”. Just like almost anything else on the web, your Instagram bio is all about creating that first impression. Many people just take a few moments to check bios and images before they decide whether or not they should follow you. If your Instagram bio is attractive, people will decide to interact with your content or follow your account. If it doesn’t, they might lose interest. It is one of the best effective marketing ideas to position yourself on social media.
In this article, we’ll discuss what an Instagram bio is, how to write a kickass bio, and see some cool bio tricks. Above all, we are going to share 301 Instagram bio ideas that you can simply copy and paste to your profile!
Topics to be covered:
- What is Instagram bio
- How to write an Instagram bio?
- Instagram bio tricks
- Instagram bio ideas for business
- Instagram bio ideas for fashion/retail business
- Instagram bio ideas for fitness
- Funny Instagram bios
- Instagram bio ideas for travel
- Instagram bio quotes
- Instagram bio ideas related to sports
- Instagram bio ideas related to music
- Instagram bio ideas for girls
- Instagram bio ideas for boys
- Instagram bio ideas for education
- Clever Instagram bios
- Instagram bio to get followers
- Instagram bio ideas related to food
- Instagram bio ideas for photography
- Instagram bio puns
- Inspirational Instagram bios
- Unique Symbols for Instagram bio
- Instagram bio FAQs
What is Instagram Bio?
Instagram bio is a small section under your username where you can share information about yourself or your business. In your bio, you can include a brief summary, contact details, hashtags, emojis, as well as a website link. You will need to remain below the cap of 150 characters for the best possible Instagram bio. Make the characters count! Did you know that a lot of people who come to this page search for “boi for instagram”? I mean, it clearly is a typo but the number of people who type boi instead of bio is just too high. I thought you would get a chuckle out of that.
How to write an Instagram bio?
You can literally write your Instagram bio the way you wish to. However, here are some Instagram bio insights that you may want to apply based on the latest trends.
1. Include a description of yourself
The perfect Instagram bios generally include a little bit of self-description. You can consider adding your job title, the name of your company/the company where you work, the things that you love, any awards you’ve received, or the things that make you stand out.
2. List down your interests
You need to interact with your audience in order to make a strong first impression. You can do that by sharing your interests. For example, you can include Travel, Lifestyle, Food, or anything about which you’ll be sharing more often on your account. The perfect bio will be the one that’s easy to read and reflects on your most appealing interests, which are two significant Instagram bio tips to grab.
3. Include your contact information
If you are the holder of a fan page or company, or you are a public figure/influencer, your Instagram bio must include your contact details. Most people write something like ‘For business inquiries, email firstname.lastname@example.org.’ You can also ask people to send DM for any queries.
4. Include a call to action
If you’re a company owner or an influencer, including a call for action in your Instagram bio is necessary. Keep in mind that you can add a link that users can click on. So write a call to action saying ‘sign up for my course,’ ‘check out my new blog post,’ or ‘buy the latest fashion items now.’
Some Instagram bio tricks
1. Using different fonts
You can quickly copy and paste different Instagram bio fonts for your profile using a tool like LingoJam. Simply type your words into another font, for example, your name. After that, scroll through the available fonts and select the one that you like. Now just copy and paste this into your Instagram bio.
2. Instagram bio symbols
You can copy and paste symbols and stylish text using a tool such as CoolSymbol. There are a lot of cool signs like stars, copyrights, arrows, money, currencies, brackets, hearts, zodiac signs, etc. It will be copied instantly when you click on any of the icons. Then you simply need to paste them in your bio on Instagram.
3. Adding multiple links
We discussed above that you can add one website link to your Instagram bio. But, what if you wish to add multiple links? Linktree is a cool little website that will help you with this. You just need to sign up for a free account, log into your Instagram profile, and add all the links you want. After all that’s done, this link will end up leading your profile visitors to a multiple link list.
4. Adding neat space to Instagram bio
Using the Apps4Life free website, you can add line breaks to your Instagram bio (or captions) and press the Convert button to copy it to your clipboard. Then you can go to your app and paste the copied text straight into your Instagram bio or caption. This way, you can create neat line breaks without using characters like ‘.’ or ‘-’.
301 Instagram bio ideas you can implement
So now that you understand all that goes into great Instagram bios, let’s check some fantastic Instagram bio examples – 301 examples to be precise! We understand that writing your own bio can be hard, and sometimes you simply need a little encouragement to get going. If you’re looking for a nice quote, an inspiring saying to include, or something unique to your field (maybe fitness or photography), we got options for you. Some of these are ready to copy and paste, while others may need a little customization to better suit your needs.
1. Instagram bio ideas for Business
- “The power plant doesn’t have energy, it makes energy.” – Brendon Burchard
- I help [type of client] to [benefit] by [what you offer].
- Offering customers the best _______. [cookies/copywriting/photography]
- Providing customers in the [city] with the finest [your offering].
- Leading the [your industry] forward with our innovation and creativity.
- Treating our patients with the respect and dignity we show our family.
- [Services] to help [ideal customers] | [hobby] | Free guide ⬇️
- Doing our best to make you look your best
- [Mission statement] | Helping [ideal clients] relieve stress
- Raising the bar, one _____ [product] at a time
- Providing the best experience by producing the highest quality
- We present the best process for your progress | Transforming [ideal customers]
- The future: imagined today. | Helping [customers] overcome
- Leading the industry forward, beginning with you | Building up [ideal customer]
- Your success is our priority.
- Your full service, _______ based out of [city].
- We’re a [type of company] focused on [niche] based in [adjective] [city].
2. Instagram bio ideas for fashion/retail business
- Your ultimate guide to the hottest styles and latest trends
- Keeping you in style all day, every day
- “Shoes transform your body language and attitude. They lift you physically and emotionally.” —Christian Louboutin
- From boots to button-downs, we’re here to tell you exactly what to buy…and what to leave on the rack
- Keeping you in touch with fashion’s finest in every season
- Shop ___________ [swimwear, dresses, suits] in store and online now.
- Dress for success with _________ [brand name]
- “Luxury is the ease of a T-shirt in a very expensive dress.” ―Karl Lagerfeld
- ____ fashion found here [vegan, minimalist, vintage, sophisticated]
- Changing the fashion industry, one ____ at a time [bag, dress, shopper, mindset]
- Everyday style brought to you every day
- Welcome to your virtual closet
- “Fashion is what you’re offered four times a year by designers. And style is what you choose.” —Lauren Hutton
- A peek into my fashionable life
- How and when to mix and match: price points, fabrics, patterns, and more
- My glimpse into my wardrobe: trendy, affordable, and chic fashion
- My outfits in tiny squares
- I don’t do fashion, I am fashion.
3. Instagram bio ideas related to fitness
- Keeping you on that grind, 24/7
- Looking for motivation and inspiration on your fitness journey? You’ve come to the right place.
- It’s time to make a change for the better. Let us help.
- You’ve got goals. We’re here to make sure you achieve them
- A positive, uplifting space to share your fitness journey with others on the road to a healthier lifestyle.
- You’ve only got one body – keep it clean
- A healthy body starts with a healthy mindset – let’s stay positive together!
- You’re not in this alone…Let us join you on your journey to a healthier, happier lifestyle.
- Fitness is a lifestyle, and we’re a community.
- Down XXX pounds with a healthy lifestyle
- Changing lives through movement and mobility.
- Eat to live, not live to eat. – Socrates
- Eating healthy can be delicious and easy. Meal prep videos every week!
- Healthy living begins with a healthy mind.
- Walking is the best possible exercise. Habituate yourself to walk very far. – Thomas Jefferson
- Helping you build sustainable habits so you can live a more happy, healthy & fulfilled life!
- Healthy living doesn’t have to be difficult | Follow along for all the tips and tricks!
- You don’t need to be perfect. You just need to be better than you were yesterday.
4. Funny Instagram bios
- Sassy, classy with a touch of badassy
- Recovering ice cream addict
- Humble with just a hint of Kanye
- Relationship status: Netflix and ice cream
- Words cannot express my passion and love for Fridays
- Chocolate never asks me any questions, chocolate understands me.
- Kanye attitude with Drake feelings.
- Sometimes I just want to give it all up and become a handsome billionaire.
- Gifted napper, talker, and ice cream eater.
- I might look like I’m doing nothing, but in my head, I’m quite busy.
- My hobbies are breakfast, lunch, and dinner topped with a chocolate dessert.
- I apologize for anything I post while hungry
- Humble, with just a hint of Kanye
- I’d rather steal your dessert than your boyfriend
- One day, I hope to become a grown-up
- Instagram bio currently loading
- I’m actually not funny. I’m just really mean but people always think I’m joking.
- Used to think I was a tad indecisive, but now I’m not quite sure
- I’m a social media guru. No, really, I am.
- Life is short so I’m smiling while I’ve still got all my teeth
- My hobbies are breakfast, lunch, and dinner topped with a chocolate dessert
- Relationship status: Netflix and ice cream
- The bags under my eyes are Chanel
- Do unto others…then split!
- I’m brilliant – just ask me!
- Of course, I talk to myself – I need some expert advice.
- My wallet is like an onion – opening it makes me cry.
- Never ask a starfish for directions.
- I’m glad I don’t have to hunt for my food. I don’t even know where pizza lives!
- I’m so stressed that even my hair hurts.
- I brainstormed so hard I got struck by lightning.
- It’s not sarcasm, I just don’t like you.
- I like to keep my six-pack well insulated!
- Never trust a skinny cook!
- When in doubt, mumble.
- You’re bacon me crazy.
- If life gives you lemons, return them!
- If you can’t laugh at your own problems…give me a call – I’ll laugh at them!
- When in doubt, filter that shit out!
- I wish common sense was common.
- Namast’ay on Instagram all day.
5. Instagram bio ideas for travel
- Wishing I was [in the mountains/on the beach/zip-lining in the rainforest]!
- You can find me wandering the streets of [your latest destination]!
- “Don’t worry about the world ending today, it’s already tomorrow in Australia.” – Charles M. Schulz
- Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer!
- Travel buddies for life ❤️ [tag your travel buddy]
- Age is no barrier when it comes to travel.
- Your one-stop shop for all things travel.
- Follow along, let’s travel the world together.
- Living my best life…out of my suitcase.
- “Not all those who wander are lost.” – J.R.R. Tolkien
- Life begins at the end of your comfort zone. That’s why I travel.
- I’ve always got a bag packed.
- Constantly checking for cheap flights.
- Checking the countries off my list! ____/195 [fill in how many countries you’ve visited]
- I only spend money on flights and AirBnBs!
- Professional jet-lag fighter.
- My favorite place I’ve ever visited is ______.
- Always dreaming of _____ [a sunset in Maui, sunrise over the Alps, etc.]
6. Instagram bio quotes
- In a world where you can have everything. Be a giver first.
- Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, you’re right.
- Together we could be unstoppable
- Wanting to be someone else is a waste of who you are
- Creativity solves everything.
- Simplicity is the key to happiness.
- In a world of darkness look up at the stars
- All I do is win, win, win. No matter what.
- To love oneself is the beginning of a life-long romance.
- I would rather die of passion than of boredom.
- Life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we react to it.
- You may find the worst enemy or best friend in yourself.
- Don’t worry about failures, worry about the chances you miss when you don’t even try.
- Speak less than you know; have more than you show.
7. Instagram bio ideas related to sports
- Helpingrun smoothly [good for product businesses]
- “Do you know what my favorite part of the game is? The opportunity to play.” – Mike Singletary
- Your headquarters for _____ updates. Catch us live every Monday at noon.
- Inspiration from the greatest across sports [quotes and stories about sports figures]
- “If you push me towards a weakness, I will turn that weakness into a strength.” – Michael Jordan
- “Every strike brings me closer to the next home run.” – Babe Ruth
- Information and inspiration for everyday athletes.
- Basketball, football, chasing my kids down the street
- Being an athlete means taking care of yourself. | Physical Therapist/Sports Medicine
- The latest and greatest sports news of ____
- “You were born to be a player. You were meant to be here. This moment is yours.” – Herb Brooks
- [That specific year] _____ Champions. [link to any other accounts your team has/promotes]
- “Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard.” – Tim Notke
- “Practice like you’ve never won. Play like you’ve never lost.” – Michael Jordan
- “You’re never a loser until you quit trying” -Mike Ditka
- Everyone champion was once a contender that refused to give up
- Start Unknown. Finish Unforgettable.
8. Instagram bio ideas related to music
- “Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.” ― Maria Augusta von Trapp
- [Album] available _____
- [Tour] coming to a city near you [dates]
- Record Label/Awards/List Achievements
- New music on Spotify now! Sharing our favorite behind-the-scenes every week.
- “One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.” ― Bob Marley
- The constant stream of music news that you need in your life
- If music is what fuels your soul, you’ve come to the right place. Here is a guide to how Musicians can optimize their social media profiles and use social media for promoting their music.
- A collaborative space for artists and musicians. Want to be featured? Send us a DM!
- Let the music move you…
- “To live is to be musical, starting with the blood dancing in your veins. Everything living has a rhythm. Do you feel your music?” ― Michael Jackson
- Your go-to authority for all the pop culture updates you could need. Live every day at 2 pm.
- Highlighting a new artist every day, mixing genres, crossing lines
- Making music. Teaching others. Living in the rhythm.
- Putting my soul to words through music. Follow the journey.
- Let the music fill your bones and the rhythm fill your soul.
- Don’t stop dancing.
9. Instagram bio ideas for Girls
- I shine from within so no one can dim my light
- Happiness never goes out of style
- Smart. Strong. Silly. Straight up class act.
- Who runs the world? ME.
- Always give 100% — unless you’re donating blood.
- Turning my dreams into my vision and my vision into reality.
- Sand in my toes and saltwater in my curls.
- My standards are high… just like my heels.
- I’m a woman with ambition and a heart of gold
- Sometimes depressed, stressed…, but still well dressed.
- Leaving a bit of sparkle everywhere I go ✨
- Me: Happy girls are the prettiest. Also me: I’d like to buy 15 pounds of makeup, please.
10. Instagram bio ideas for boys
- Born to express, not impress.
- I got here by being me, so I’ll continue being me.
- You couldn’t handle me even if I came with instructions.
- Kilometers are shorter than miles. To save gas I’ll take my next trip in kilometers.
- I’m out here hustlin’ to claim what’s mine.
- Living life on my own terms
- I don’t care what people think of me. This is me in rawest form.
- I’d rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
- I don’t care what people think of me. This is me in the rawest form.
- Risk-taker. Adventurer. Globetrotter. Living my dreams.
- Be all in or get out. There is no in-between.
- I might not be where I want to be yet but I get closer every day.
- One day, I hope to be a happily married old man telling wild stories from his wild youth.
11. Instagram bio ideas for education
- Learning isn’t only for children. When’s the last time you learned something new?
- Bringing learning to the smartphone. We go live every Wednesday at 9 am!
- “Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school.” – Albert Einstein
- Looking to learn a new skill? Bite-size learning below ⬇️
- Who says you don’t have time to learn? Teaching [topic] in five minutes or less.
- It’s never too late to start learning something new!
- Finally ready to take the leap? Let us guide you through the world of _________!
- You’ve thought about it long enough. Now is the time. You’re ready to learn. Let us help!
- Your one-stop shop for all things _________.
- Teaching [ideal students] about [your topic] to improve their lives. [or another benefit]
- The art of teaching is the art of assisting discovery.
- Change is the end result of all true learning.
- Want to jumpstart your education? Click the link below!
- Everyone should know how to _______. That’s why we’re here to help.
- I spent 15 years teaching at [school], but now I want to help you. Learn [topic] every day.
- Learning without homework. A dream or what you’ll find here?
- Teaching and coaching the next generation of [profession]
- Learning never needs to end.
12. Clever Instagram bios
- Sweet as sugar, tough as nails.
- Catch flights, not feelings.
- Currently saying yes to new adventures
- Everyone else was taken so this is me
- I’m real and I hope some of my followers are too.
- If “love is in the air” why is the air so polluted?
- Midnight snacker 🌝
- I can’t remember who I stole my bio from or why.
- I’m cool, but global warming made me HOT
- Simply look at me. God is amazingly creative.
- Stress does not go with my outfit!
- I speak fluent sarcasm!
- Don’t DM. Telepathy only!
- Lazy is such an ugly word, I prefer SELECTIVE PARTICIPATION!
- Work hard for 5 days to enjoy the 2 days to the fullest.
- I hope Karma slaps you in the face right before I do!
- Remember it’s just a bad day, not a bad life.
- Life on earth is expensive, but it includes a free trip around the sun.
- I’m not actually online, it’s just an optical illusion.
13. Instagram bio to get followers
- Click the follow button to be part of my [adjective] journey
- Wanna know my story? Press that follow button.
- I’m on my journey. Join me by following along.
- Follow me then follow the link below!
- My story will inspire you, so be sure to hit that follow button
- Follow me to get a behind the scenes look at my life
- Don’t know what to do? You can start by hitting that follow button.
- Follow Me To Greatness
14. Instagram bio ideas related to food
- Wish I was a hobbit: I love my second breakfast.
- Your destination for Thai-inspired recipes [or any type of food]
- The complete guide to eating and drinking your way through [city]
- Cooking my way through the _____ diet [keto, paleo, etc.]
- Simple recipes with 5 ingredients or less. Ready-to-eat in 30 minutes!
- Sweet, salty, and everything in between
- Take a trip with us to Foodie Heaven
- Recipe ideas, culinary inspo, and all sorts of tips and tricks for your own kitchen
- Providing you with a steady diet of food videos and recipes
- Caution: this account may make your mouth water
- Reviews and recommendations of where to eat across America [good for travelers]
- Eating mindfully can be as easy as 1-2-3. Guiding you to think before you chew.
- What a [dietician/athlete/business owner] eats in a day. Plenty of [pizza/smoothies/chocolate]. Occasionally [salad/cookies/gummy bears].
- Food designed to inspire you to cook. And maybe make your mouth water.
- [Plant based/vegan/pescaterian] recipes anyone will love! Yes, even your picky eaters.
- Special talents including licking every plate clean.
- Pass the menu, please.
- Your resident [city] foodie
15. Instagram bio ideas for Photography
- Getting into focus with the finest ______ [models, glimpses of nature, etc.]
- Do you see what I see?
- Documenting my life and the things I love to see
- Focusing on things that make me happy. Showing them to you along the way.
- Experimenting with an iPhone, a tripod, and a self-timer
- “In photography, there is a reality so subtle that it becomes more real than reality.” — Alfred Stieglitz
- “The best thing about a picture is that it never changes, even when the people in it do.” — Andy Warhol
- Welcome to my photo library in tiny squares. DM for inquiries!
- Seeing the world through my own lens
- My camera = your window to the world
- My life through pictures
- Models, nature, and pets, oh my! Want your camerawork to be featured? Shoot us a DM!
- Capturing glimpses of life’s best moments
- [Weddings/Headshots/Products/Families] | Started in 2016 | Your biggest fan.
- Showcasing memories, love, and joy through photography
- Your neighborhood photographer, specializing in [type of photography]
- Making photography easy. How to take pictures with an iPhone.
- Photos around the world: my visual travel diary
16. Instagram bio puns
- Don’t be a salty beach.
- Never wasting thyme.
- Nothing makes me as happy as pi
- Orange you glad you’re following me!?
- You’re kale-in’ me!
- We are mint to be.
- Life keeps giving me lemons. LIME tired of it!
- We make quite a pear!
- Owl always give a hoot about you.
- Ready to wine down for the evening.
- Architects are good at coming up with a concrete plan.
- How much does a hipster weigh? An Insta-gram.
- PIC-me-ups to brighten your day!
- You shamrock my world!
- You can find me at the barre.
- Life is gouda.
- All I need is carbs.
17. Inspirational Instagram bios
- Life is tough but so are you.
- Pain was made for you to overcome it.
- The man on top of the mountain wasn’t born there.
- Don’t let yesterday ruin today.
- Be someone else’s reason to smile.
- Sometimes you just have to suck it up and handle it.
- It’s easy to get caught in the waves, but there’s always someone to pull you to shore.
- Never be too busy to see the sunrise.
- If you’re up a tree, enjoy the view.
- Never let the size of your dreams share you.
- Rise above it!
- Light the flame but don’t get burned.
- Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning to dance in the rain.
- If it rains, look for rainbows. If it’s dark, look for stars.
- Prove everyone wrong.
- If you feel like you’ve been buried, maybe you’ve been planted. Bloom.
- Trust the timing of your life.
- Impossible is for the unwilling.
Instagram bio symbols
You can copy and paste any of these symbols to spruce up the headings & text in your Instagram bio. Unlike emojis, these symbols are cross-platform, i.e. with few exceptions, these look the exact same on every device.
- Lines and brackets: │ ┇ ║ 【 】《 》⫷ ⫸ ◤ ◢
- Hearts: ❦ ❣ ♥ ❤ ♡ ღ
- Stars: ★ ☆ ✦ ✧ ✩ ✶ ✨
- Asterisks: ✱ ⁕ ❋ ✻ ✽ ❃ ✿ ❊
- Checkmarks: ✓ ✔ ☑
- Smiley faces: ☺ ☻ ツ
- Numbers: ➊ ➋ ➌ ➍ ➎ ➏ ➐ ➑ ➒ ➓
- Unique: ♕ ∞ ⚜ ☘ ✌ ⚡ ☮ ☕ ☄ ⚓ ⌚ ⚛ ♫ ♻
- Emojis using symbols: (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ˘ ³˘)❤ (▰˘◡˘▰) (✿◠‿◠) ♥‿♥ ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ (>‿◠)✌ (◕‿-)
- Spiritual/philosophical symbols: ∞ ☥ ✝ ☪ ✡ ☸ ☯ ⚘ ⚕ ⚖ ☬
Instagram bio FAQs
1. How many characters can be used in Instagram bio?
Instagram provides a 150 character limit to be used in your bio. That’s actually sufficient if you use the space with concise and impactful word choices. All of the above mentioned Instagram bio ideas are within the 150 character limit and can be simply copy-pasted to your bio.
2. How do you put a clickable link in an Instagram bio?
To add a link to your Instagram bio:
- Open your Instagram mobile app.
- Visit your profile by tapping the person icon on the bottom right.
- Tap Edit Profile at the top of the screen.
- Add a link to your website or landing page in the format of shopify.com.
- Tap Done to save your bio.
3. How to edit Instagram bio?
To edit your Instagram bio,
- Go to your account and click on ‘Edit profile.’
- Here, you can change personal info like the profile picture, Name, Username, Bio, website link.
- Business info like Facebook page connected to your Instagram account, Category of your account, contact options, and action buttons can be edited too.
- After doing all the necessary edits, click on ‘Done’.
4. How to add a location to Instagram bio?
To add/edit the location on your bio,
- Go to your Instagram account and click on ‘Edit profile’.
- Under the ‘Public business information’ section, you can edit your company location.
- Once you’ve finished updating your location, tap Done to return to your profile.
5. How to put Instagram bio in the center?
To bring your Instagram bio to the center of the screen:
- Open the Notes app on your phone.
- Create a new note.
- Paste your bio and add spaces to it.
- Copy the bio from Notes by selecting all (including spaces)
- Open the Instagram app and go to Edit Profile.
- In the bio section, paste the text. The number of spaces you add to the text will dictate if it gets centered or not.
- If not, go back to Notes and adjust the spaces as you like.
To sum up,
A good Instagram bio will help you boost your Instagram account, along with your personal and professional goals. If your aim is to increase followers or make more sales, you can add a call to action to get people to do particular things when they visit your account.
Once you have everything set on your Instagram bio, it’s time to prepare awesome content regularly. Maintaining a consistent presence on Instagram is very crucial in order to build brand awareness, promote products through Instagram, and gain followers. To make the most out of your Instagram marketing efforts, it is advisable to prepare an editorial calendar and publish posts at the right time.
RecurPost is a social media scheduling tool that will help you in doing this. It provides an Instagram post scheduler that lets you create an advanced editorial calendar, schedule posts in advance, finds the best time to post, gives insights about your audience and top-performing posts, and a lot more. Click here to learn more.