Meet Edgar vs RecurPost
Meet Edgar Reviews
What is great about MeetEdgar is the human component, really. They get back to you super fast (even if you’re on a trial), and have a very active community and many many tutorials. I recently also learned one of their social media courses. As for the software, once you have the knack of it it has a few useful features like automatically changing titles etc. so you can reschedule old posts. We did stop using it about a year ago or so (right now the account is inactive, but stocked with loads of material). We might use it again for a new project next year.
~ Alexandra N. (Capterra link)
I love the functionality of this software. You have the ability to create categories for your social media content, schedule times for each category, add feeds from your favorite blogs, add automatic social media variations, and see history/reports. There are other benefits of using the product as well.
~ Barbara G. (Capterra link)
Edgar was great for scheduling evergreen content that could be repeated on a selective schedule. IT allowed us to create branded social media campaigns we could intersperse with other evergreen content on different topics and allowed us to have a steady stream of content on our social media platforms.
~ Jason F. (Capterra link)
I like the fact that Meet Edgar can set the best time to publish for each different type of content that you add.
~ Amel M. (Capterra link)
Create a schedule of categories to pull from. Generates a two-week Queue so you can see what will be posted. You can also skip content. Keep content so content can be reused at a later time. Organizes content into a library of categories.
~ Dawn M. (Capterra link)
Only one price point–great if you’re big but horrible if you’re just starting out or have a limited budget. Only 3 networks are available–IG & Pinterest have been “coming soon” for months & YT isn’t being mentioned yet. Content auto generator is horrible–it literally pulls short sections from your content and can be bad for out-of-context stuff.
~ Eric N. (Capterra link)
It can be a bit tricky to see at a glance the upcoming posts for each channel, but overall we’re very satisfied.
~ Danielle A. (Capterra link)
No reporting, and could be better bulk editing. Nothing else really springs to mind when I think of what I do not like about it.
~ Tracey M. (Capterra link)
The price is too high when compared to the number of social media profiles you are allowed to setup.
~ Mario R. (Capterra link)
I had some issues with my 2-week free trial, in that they requested a credit card number and the amount I was to be charged in the future was incorrect (I had clicked through a promotional link, but the promotional price wasn’t applied).
~ Mandy J. (Capterra link)
Meet Edgar Pros & Cons
- Content Categorization: Meet Edgar’s unique content categorization allows businesses to organize and schedule their posts effectively. It ensures a diverse and engaging social media feed.
- Scalable Plans: Whether you’re a side hustler or a small business, Meet Edgar offers plans that can cater to your needs. You also have the flexibility to add additional social accounts as required.
- High Automated functionalities: With up to 1,000 weekly automations in the Edgar Monthly Plan, businesses can automate a significant portion of their social media activities. This helps ensure consistency and regularity in their online presence.
- Team Collaboration: The inclusion of up to 20 team members, even in the basic plan, Highlights teamwork. This feature allows businesses to onboard various team members for cohesive operations.
- Unlimited Scheduled Posts: The ability to schedule unlimited posts ensures that businesses can plan their social media content well in advance. This optimization helps them target peak engagement times effectively.
- Pricing for Additional Accounts: While the flexibility to add additional accounts is a boon, the additional costs can add up. This can be especially challenging for businesses with multiple social media profiles.
- Learning Curve: Given the unique content categorization and high Automated functionalities, new users might face a learning curve while familiarizing themselves with the platform.
- Lack of Niche Integrations: While Meet Edgar offers a comprehensive suite, there might be gaps when it comes to integration with niche platforms or tools.
- Limitation on Content Categories in Eddie Plan: The Eddie Monthly Plan restricts users to only 4 content categories, which might be limiting for businesses with diverse content types.
- Pricing for Side Hustlers: The Eddie Monthly Plan, while tailored for side hustlers, might still be a bit steep in terms of pricing for individuals just getting started.
Meet Edgar Pricing:
Meet Edgar offers two main pricing plans tailored to different needs:
- Eddie Monthly Plan: Priced at $29.99/month, this plan is tailored for side hustlers and those just getting started. It supports up to 5 social media accounts (with the option to add more at $4.99 each), unlimited scheduled posts, 10 weekly automations, 4 content categories, and 20 team members.
- Edgar Monthly Plan: Priced at $49.99/month, this plan is designed for entrepreneurs and small businesses. It supports up to 25 social media accounts (with the option to add more at $2.99 each), offers unlimited scheduled posts, 1,000 weekly automations, unlimited content categories, and 20 team members.
- Unique Content Categorization: Meet Edgar’s content categorization allows businesses to organize their posts into different categories, ensuring a diverse social media feed. This also aids in scheduling, ensuring that different types of content are posted at optimal times.
- High Automation Capabilities: With automation features, businesses can set up their social media activities and let Meet Edgar handle the posting. This ensures consistency and allows businesses to focus on content creation.
- Team Collaboration: Meet Edgar Highlights teamwork. With support for up to 20 team members, businesses can ensure that their social media management is a collaborative effort, with different team members bringing their unique perspectives.
- Flexible Plans: Whether you’re just getting started or are an established business, Meet Edgar has a plan tailored for you. The flexibility to add additional social accounts ensures that as your business grows, it can accommodate your needs.
- Unlimited Scheduled Posts: With unlimited scheduled posts, businesses can plan their social media content well in advance. This ensures that they can post content at peak engagement times, optimizing their social media strategy.
Meet Edgar positions itself as a unique and flexible solution for social media management. With its emphasis on content categorization and high Automated functionalities, it offers a compelling value proposition for businesses of all sizes. While it boasts numerous strengths, there are areas where it could further refine its offerings. When juxtaposed with industry leaders like RecurPost, Meet Edgar showcases its potential as a leading social media management tool.
Frequently Asked Questions
It’s common for platforms like it to offer trial periods. It’s best to check their official website for the most recent information.
Meet Edgar offers a unique content categorization feature and high Automated functionalities. However, specific comparisons would depend on the other tool in question.
Most platforms, including Meet Edgar, offer flexibility in plan changes, allowing users to adapt based on their evolving needs.
Data security and privacy are paramount. Meet Edgar likely incorporates industry-standard security measures to protect users’ data. For detailed information, it’s best to consult their official documentation.
Many platforms offer tutorials, webinars, or onboarding sessions for new users. It’s best to check with it’s official resources for such offerings.