You might have created a Facebook Group to build a community for your business. It’s a place where you can connect with like-minded people and have conversations related to your industry. However, posting actively in the group can be time-consuming – all those tasks of setting reminders and posting manually along with managing other social platforms just don’t make the cut anymore. Luckily, you’ve got the option to schedule posts on Facebook groups!
You can do this without using a third-party social media scheduler tool, but the scheduling options will be just basic. You will not get the option to bulk schedule posts, and the feature is hidden a few layers deep in the Groups interface.
We’ll take you through both options: How to schedule Facebook posts on Groups from the FB interface as well as using a social media management tool.
Table of Contents for How To Schedule Posts on Facebook Groups
- How to schedule posts on Facebook groups natively
- Why use RecurPost as your Facebook post scheduler?
- How to schedule posts on Facebook groups using RecurPost
- How to Schedule Posts as a Page While Scheduling One-Off Facebook Group Posts
- How to schedule multiple posts on Facebook group
- How to see scheduled posts on Facebook group
- How to turn off scheduled posts on Facebook
- How to edit scheduled posts on Facebook
- Why Facebook scheduled posts are not publishing
- How to schedule more than one post on Facebook group?
- Why are my posts scheduled on Facebook?
- How To Turn Off Scheduled Posts on Facebook Group?
- Frequently Asked Questions
How to schedule posts on Facebook groups natively
Follow the below steps to schedule posts to Facebook groups:
- Go to the Group on which you want to schedule a post.
- Start by writing your post by clicking on the ‘Write Something’ button.
- Write the description you want, add media or hashtags, and then click on the calendar icon at the bottom-right corner to schedule posts to Facebook groups.
- Select the date and time when you want your post to be published and click on ‘Schedule’. Your post is now scheduled and will go live as per the timings set.
Need to make changes when you schedule posts to Facebook groups? Follow the below steps.
- Go to your Facebook group and navigate to the ‘Scheduled posts’ section from the left-hand side panel. Here you’ll see all the posts that you have scheduled.
- From here, you can reschedule your post or upload it instantly. To edit or delete the post, click on the three dots and a drop-down menu will appear. Here you will get a lot of other options like ‘Turn off commenting’ and ‘Turn off translations’.
How To Schedule Posts on Facebook Groups Through the Facebook App
Here’s how to schedule posts on Facebook groups through the app:
- Open the Facebook mobile app on your mobile device.
- Navigate to the group where you want to schedule a post.
- Tap on the “Create Post” button at the top of the screen.
- Type out your post and include any photos or videos you want to add.
- Tap on the “Schedule” button located under the post.
- Choose the date and time you want your post to be published.
- Tap on the “Schedule” button again to confirm.
Your post will now be scheduled to publish at the date and time you selected. You can view and manage your scheduled Facebook posts by navigating to the “Scheduled Posts” tab in the group menu. From there, you can edit, reschedule, or delete your scheduled posts as needed.
This feature works great when you have to schedule a one-off post. But, what if you have to schedule multiple posts at once? What if you have to schedule Facebook posts on groups that go out in a recurring manner? What if you want to schedule posts on Facebook groups as a Page and not a profile? Or, what if you want to schedule posts to both your Facebook groups and page at the same time? You cannot bulk schedule Facebook group posts natively.
Well, to be able to bulk schedule Facebook posts, you need a social media scheduling tool. And out of the very few tools providing this functionality, the best is RecurPost.
Let’s see why you should choose RecurPost to bulk schedule Facebook groups posts and how you can use its Facebook Scheduler.
Why use RecurPost as your Facebook post scheduler?
RecurPost provides a lot of features that will win you over while choosing a tool for scheduling Facebook posts on Facebook groups, business pages, or personal profiles. But before knowing about the features, you must know how to create Facebook page for business.
- Support for multiple platforms: RecurPost lets you bulk schedule Facebook posts to multiple groups, pages, and profiles. Apart from that, it also provides support for Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, and GMB.
- Bulk scheduling: Using this feature, you can plan and schedule tons of posts in advance for multiple Facebook groups, profiles, and pages. You can upload content in bulk with social media bulk scheduling through CSV files.
- Unlimited content libraries: Libraries organize content for each Facebook account, making it easy to distinguish between content for profiles, pages, or groups.
- Auto-schedule for best time: This feature will let you post the right content at the right time on your FB accounts. Simply select the option of ‘Auto-schedule for best time’ while scheduling a post. RecurPost will then study the engagement received on your previous posts and automatically schedule your content for the best time to post on Instagram, Facebook ads, and other sites. This lets you make the most when you bulk schedule Facebook groups posts.
- Schedule repeating posts: You can add content in your libraries and set a recurring schedule, which will make all the posts in that library go out on your social accounts in a loop.
- Schedule posts on Facebook groups as admin or member: RecurPost supports posting on a Facebook group that you administer as well on the groups that you are a member of, a feature not provided by any other social scheduling tool.
How to schedule posts on Facebook groups using RecurPost
Now that you know Why you should use RecurPost to schedule posts on Facebook groups, let’s get to the How part. RecurPost is the best Facebook group scheduler you can try your hands on.
1. Sign up for RecurPost and connect your FB accounts
No doubt, the first step will be to sign up for a RecurPost account. You just need to go to recurpost.com and create your account to start your free trial. You’ll only be required to enter your email address, name, and start the 14-day trial to experience the journey of scheduling posts.
After creating your account, you will be taken to the dashboard. Here, you will see the button saying ‘Add social accounts’.
Click on it and a pop-up will appear. Under the Facebook section, there will be three options: Profile, Page, and Group.
Click on ‘Add Group’ and you will be taken to the login screen, if you are not already logged in to your Facebook account from your browser. The next screen will ask you to give certain permissions to RecurPost in order to post on your account. Don’t worry, no personal information or login credentials will be saved or used by RecurPost.
Click on ‘Continue’ and you’ll be directed back to RecurPost, where you will see a list of all the groups that you administer and the ones that you are a member of.
Next, click on the ‘Add’ button and you will see a message like the one below.
This step is about adding the RecurPost app to your Facebook group, which enables RecurPost to schedule posts on your groups.
Click on the link given in the Step 1 and you will be taken to the Facebook app store from where you can install the RecurPost app. Simply search for the app by typing in “Recur Post” in the search bar, and click on the result that appears.
A pop-up will appear upon clicking on the app.
Click on the ‘Add’ button and the RecurPost app will be added to your FB group.
Now come back to RecurPost’s tab and click on the link given in Step 3. It will verify that the app was installed successfully.
After clicking on the link, you will get a verification message saying “Your group has been successfully added. You can close this tab now and go back to the previous tab to continue adding more groups.”
You can then continue adding groups to your RecurPost account.
Also, below each group name, you will see the option of ‘Post as’. By default, you’ll be posting from your profile. But, if you want to post as a page, you can do that too. To know-how refer to this guide.
Also you can check how to change group name on Facebook.
2. Create a one-off post
RecurPost’s Facebook group scheduler lets you create one-off posts. A one-off post is an update that will be shared on your account just once. On the dashboard, click on the ‘Share a post’ button.
In the pop-up that appears, you can create your one-off post. Fill in all the details – add description/caption, attach images/video or create a graphic directly from Canva, add hashtags, include emojis, and select the FB group that you want to post on.
Now, you can either upload the Facebook post instantly or schedule it for a later date and time. To schedule, toggle the ‘Schedule for later’ button on, and select the date and time as per your requirements. Alternatively, you can choose ‘Auto-schedule for best time’ and let RecurPost find the best time to post on Facebook for you. it is also one of the most preferable mavsocial alternatives in the market.
After adding all the details, your post will look something like this:
Hit the ‘schedule’ button and you’re done.
3. Create content libraries
Libraries allow you to categorize your posts neatly into different spaces. Think of them as folders on your device. You can fill them up with awesome content and set a recurring schedule to make all that content go out in a loop on your FB group and other social accounts too.
To create a new library, go to the ‘Recurring Posts’ menu and click on the ‘Add new library’ button.
While creating a new library, you will be required to set three things: Name of the library, color of the library, and whether it will be one-time use or recurring library. Keep in mind that the updates you add in a one-time-use library are not recurring in nature and will expire once posted on your social accounts.
4. Add content in libraries
Click on the name of the library that you wish to add content to and start automatic posting to Facebook group. Inside the library, you will find a lot of options to add recurring updates. You can add a single update, add images/text/link posts in bulk, add content through a CSV/excel file, import content from a social account, or set up an RSS feed.
For updates in your library, you can also select whether you want to keep them as drafts until a certain date. These updates will basically be on stand-by until their ‘release date’.
After the release date, they will start going out to your social accounts recurringly according to your schedule.
You can also choose to make these updates stop going out to your social accounts after a certain ‘expiry date’. After the expiry date, your update will expire and will go to a separate content library named ‘Expired Content’.
If you want a post to go out next before any other post from a library, you can click on ‘Make it the next post to go out’ button.
5. Add recurring schedules
After adding content in libraries, you need to set a recurring schedule so that the added posts start going out on your social accounts. Go to your library and navigate to the ‘Recurring time slots’ tab, and click on the ‘Add recurring time slots’ button.
Here, you can set the frequency at which the posts added to your library will be uploaded on your FB group. Choose an option between weekly or monthly cycles, set the time, and hit the ‘Add Time Slot’ button.
That’s all! You now know how you can schedule posts on Facebook groups using RecurPost!
Also read: How to schedule posts on Facebook
How to Schedule Posts as a Page While Scheduling One-Off Facebook Group Posts
RecurPost’s Facebook group post scheduler provides you with the feature of automating posts on your Facebook group both from profiles and pages. By default, you’ll be posting from your profile. But, if you want to post as a page, you can do that too. Let’s see how you can schedule a one-off Facebook group post as a page.
The first step would be to connect your Facebook page to your RecurPost account. Follow the same steps as you did for adding the FB group.
Now, remember that to post on a Facebook Group as a member using RecurPost, there are 2 pre-requisites:
- The admin of the Facebook Group must have installed RecurPost app in the group
- The admin must allow group members to post
- The Facebook Page from which you’ll be scheduling posts should be a member of the Group
After you’ve added the FB page to RecurPost, follow the below steps to create a one-off post:
1. Click on the “Share a Post” button on your dashboard.
A pop-up window will appear where you can start creating your post. First, select the Facebook group on which you want to post. Then, type in the caption, add images, and enter in all the details of your post.
Next, click on the button on the top right saying “Customize for each platform.”
After clicking on it, you will be able to see the social icon of Facebook along with the ‘Original’ post tab.
Click on the Facebook’s icon.
As soon as you click on it, you will be able to see the option of “Post on Facebook groups as.” By default, it will show “The profile that added the group.”
You can click on this drop-down and the name of your Facebook page will appear in the menu. Simply select the FB page from which you want to schedule the post.
Next, you can either post it right away by clicking on the “Post Now” button, or toggle the “Schedule for later” button to set a date and time for your post to go live.
How to schedule multiple posts on Facebook group
To schedule numerous posts on Facebook group using RecurPost, follow the below steps:
- Login to your RecurPost account and navigate to the ‘Recurring posts’ section. Here, you can create one-time use or recurring libraries.
- To schedule posts in bulk, either create a new library or go to an existing one as per your requirements. Inside the library, you will see the option of ‘Add content in bulk’.
- Select the option and you will see the space to create multiple posts at a time. You can either Type or paste multiple posts, one per line or upload multiple images from your device and then customize their captions. After adding your updates, you can generate the preview, add them to the library, and set a recurring schedule.
- And, if you are wondering how to post to multiple groups on Facebook, you can do that too using RecurPost.
How to see scheduled posts on Facebook group
If you have scheduled a post in Facebook group using RecurPost, you will be able to see them on the dashboard in the ‘Queue’ section. If you have set a recurring schedule, you can view the posts that are about to go out next in the library itself.
Go to the library for which you have set a schedule. The post that’s about to be published next will be labeled as ‘Next to be scheduled on’ along with the icon of your selected social accounts.
Here, you can edit your post and make other changes if you want by clicking on the three dots on the right side of the post. Click on the little eye icon to see the preview of how your post will appear after it is published.
If you have schedule Facebook group posts natively, you can use the following steps to see and edit them:
- From your News Feed, click on ‘Groups’ from the left menu and select your group. If you can’t see Groups, click ‘See more’.
- Navigate to ‘Scheduled Posts’ from the Admin tools menu on the left-hand side.
- Here you’ll see all the posts that you have scheduled.
- Click on the three dots next to the post that you want to edit.
- Choose between Edit post, Delete post, Reschedule post, Post now, and other options available.
How to turn off scheduled posts on Facebook
In case you have schedule Facebook group posts using RecurPost, follow the below steps to turn off/delete them:
- Go to the ‘Recurring Posts’ tab and select the library from which you want to delete a post.
- Click on the three dots on the right side of the post you want to delete.
- A drop-down menu will appear.
- Select the option of ‘delete’ from the menu.
- A pop-up will appear asking for your confirmation. Click on ‘Yes, delete it’ to remove the post from the library.
- You can also expire the post instead of deleting it and it will be moved to the ‘Expired posts’ section.
- If you want to delete a one-off post, you can do that by going to the post from the Queue section on the dashboard.
The other options to turn off posting include:
- Pause Social Account
- Pause Library
- Pause Queue
- Pause Subscription
If you have schedule Facebook group posts natively, you can use the following steps to delete them:
- From your News Feed, click Groups in the left menu and select your group. If you can’t see Groups, click See more.
- Click Scheduled posts in the Admin tools menu on the left-hand side.
- Click the three dots next to the post that you want to delete.
- Select ‘Delete post’ and confirm.
How to edit scheduled posts on Facebook
In case you have schedule Facebook group posts using RecurPost, follow the below steps to edit them:
- Go to the ‘Recurring Posts’ tab and select the library from which you want to edit a post.
- On the right side of the post that you want to edit, there will be an edit icon below the three dots. Click on it and the window will appear where you can edit your post.
- If you want to edit a one-off post, you can do that by going to the post from the Queue section on the dashboard.
How to Remove Schedule Post on Facebook group
When you schedule posts on Facebook groups using RecurPost, you can remove them by following the below steps:
- Go to the ‘Recurring Posts’ tab and select the library from which you want to remove the post.
- On the right side of the post that you want to remove, there will be three dots. Click on it and a drop down menu will appear. Click on the trash icon saying ‘delete’. A prompt window will appear asking to confirm the deletion. Click on ‘Yes, delete it’ to remove the post.
Why Facebook scheduled posts are not publishing
There might be certain reasons why you encounter an error while sharing a post in Facebook group, profile, or page from RecurPost. Here are some of them:
- Your Facebook account needs to be reconnected.
- There has been an unspecified error from Facebook.
- The session has been invalidated because the user changed their password or Facebook has changed the session for security reasons.
- Insufficient permission to post to the group.
- You might have included a link in your post which is unauthorized.
- The size of the media file you attached exceeds the standard limit.
- Missing or invalid image file.
- Your post couldn’t be shared because this link goes against Community Standards.
- Other people on Facebook reported the message as abusive, causing it to fail to send.
- Your Facebook group is most likely posting too often, too similar content, “spammy” content, or a combination of all.
- You might have recently posted something that violates Facebook policies, so you’re temporarily blocked from posting.
How to schedule more than one post on Facebook group?
To schedule more than one posts on a Facebook group using RecurPost’s Facebook group post scheduler, you can follow these steps:
- Go to RecurPost and sign in to your account.
- On your dashboard, click on the ‘Share a Post’ button.
- Write your post and add any media you want to include. You can add a caption, images, videos, GIFs, and also hashtags.
- After composing your post, select the Facebook group that you want to schedule your post on.
- Toggle on the ‘Schedule for later’ button and select the time and date on which you want your post to go live. Then click on the ‘Schedule Button’.
- Repeat these steps for each additional post you want to schedule.
- You can also auto post to multiple Facebook group using RecurPost.
Why are my posts scheduled on Facebook?
There are a few reasons why your posts on Facebook may be scheduled:
- You may have selected the “Schedule” option when creating a post. This allows you to choose a specific date and time for your post to be published.
- You may be using a scheduling tool, such as RecurPost’s Facebook group post scheduler, which allows you to schedule posts across multiple social platforms, including Facebook.
- If you are an admin of a Facebook page, you may have enabled the “Allow Group Members to Schedule Posts” option in the group settings. This allows group members to schedule their posts to be published at a later date or time.
- If you are a page admin, you may have set up a content calendar to schedule posts ahead of time.
It’s important to keep in mind that a scheduled post in Facebook group can be edited or deleted before the scheduled time.
How To Turn Off Scheduled Posts on Facebook Group?
- To turn off a scheduled post in Facebook group, you will need to first navigate to the group.
- Once you are in the group, you will need to click on the three dots on the top right corner of the group page and select “Edit Group Settings” from the drop-down menu.
- Then, you will be directed to the “Group Settings” page. Scroll down to the “Posting permissions” section, and you will find an option that says “Allow group members to schedule posts.”
- Uncheck this box, and then click on the “Save” button to save your changes.
- By unchecking this option, group members will no longer be able to schedule posts in the group. This means that all posts will have to be published immediately and cannot be scheduled for a future date or time.
- Please note that only the group admin can access the settings of the group and make changes.
And that’s a wrap!
As a marketing agency, you must manage multiple accounts and meet your client’s expectations. It is only possible by working with an efficient social scheduler like RecurPost.
In addition to Facebook, you can schedule Instagram posts on your business and personal profiles for sharing achievements through images, reels, and stories.
You can schedule LinkedIn posts on personal and business pages to put your clients’ businesses on a professional network. RecurPost allows you to schedule Google My Business posts with a choice of CTA to attract local customers for your clients. Know more on delete a Facebook group in quick easy steps.
Take the 14-day trial today and experience the features on your own!
Frequently Asked Questions
You can schedule Facebook group posts natively on Facebook, but there are limitations. For multiple posts or posting on multiple groups, you need a tool like RecurPost. It lets you schedule on groups you manage and are a member of, including posting as a page without admin access. Try the 14-day trial for more features.
To edit scheduled posts in Facebook groups, admins can go to the group, click on ‘Scheduled Posts’ in the Admin tools menu, find the post, and choose options like Edit, Delete, Reschedule, or Post now by clicking the three dots.
To schedule multiple posts on Facebook groups, use RecurPost, a social media scheduling tool that allows bulk scheduling, posting on multiple groups, and scheduling posts as a profile, page, or group member without requiring admin privileges.
To view all your scheduled posts in one place, click on ‘Groups’ from the left menu on the news feed and select your group. If you can’t see Groups, click ‘See more’. From the left-hand side panel, go to ‘Scheduled posts’ section. Here, you will be able to see all your scheduled posts and also take action on them. You can edit, reschedule, post it instantly, or choose between other options available.
To schedule a post on Facebook in advance, you can take the help of a social media scheduling tool. RecurPost lets you schedule posts on Facebook profiles, pages, as well as groups. Thus, you can manage all of your Facebook profiles from a single dashboard. It lets you create one-off posts and recurring schedules, using which you can repurpose your evergreen content.
To see your posts in a Facebook group, open the Facebook group, and write ‘photo’ or ‘video’ inside the search box situated at the left of that Facebook Group page. Hit enter and wait for the page to load. Once the page gets loaded, you will find further options below that search box. Finally, select ‘You’ under ‘Posted by.’
To schedule a post on Facebook, you need to sign up for a social media scheduling tool. Natively, it is only possible to schedule one post at a time on a Facebook page and group that you administer. Thus, if you want to schedule multiple posts at once on multiple Facebook accounts, RecurPost can help. You simply need to sign up for RecurPost and connect your FB personal profiles, pages, or groups to start scheduling your posts.
Sometimes, the scheduling option randomly turns on and off for Facebook pages. You can report the issue here. Also, if you are no longer an admin of the group, you will get the option to schedule a post natively. If you wish to schedule multiple posts on your Facebook group as an admin or as a member, you can use RecurPost. It will eliminate all the issues faced in scheduling posts on any Facebook profile, page, or group.
There is no official limit on the number of posts that can be scheduled on Facebook group. It will depend on the social media scheduler that you’re using for scheduling posts. You can use RecurPost as it enables scheduling months’ worth of content in advance.
To turn off scheduled posts on a Facebook group, an admin can go to the group’s settings, select “Post Approval,” and toggle off the option for “Schedule Posts.”
To find a specific post in a Facebook group, you can use the search bar at the top of the group page and type in keywords related to the post, or you can scroll through the group’s posts and look for it manually.
For posting in Facebook groups, you must be an admin or editor of the page or group. If you have access, you can use a Facebook group scheduler like RecurPost to automate posts.
Yes, you can schedule multiple posts on a Facebook group at one time using a social media scheduler like RecurPost, as long as you are an admin or editor of the group.
To schedule multiple posts on a Facebook group, you can use the scheduling feature offered by RecurPost, where you can select multiple posts and schedule them at once, as long as you are an admin or editor of the group.
For posting in Facebook groups, only admins and editors have access.
To view scheduled group posts on Facebook, click on the “More” button on the group’s main page, then select “Scheduled Posts.”
Click your Page’s profile picture in the top right, then click Meta Business Suite. Click Planner in the left menu and find the post that you want to edit on the calendar and click it. Then click on the three dots to edit or delete your scheduled group posts on Facebook.
To share a post in all Facebook groups at once, you can use a Facebook group post scheduler such as RecurPost to automate the process.
You can use RecurPost’s app to schedule Facebook group posts, edit, and manage them on the go.
Amaiya Rathi is a Senior Content Writer at RecurPost. She helps RecurPost communicate with their readers in their own language. Whether it is the web copy, social media posts or blogs, Amaiya has worked on all aspects of copywriting. You can reach out to her at [email protected].