You might have created a Facebook Group to build a community for your business. It’s a place where you can connect with like-minded people and have conversations related to your industry. However, posting actively in the group can be time-consuming – all those tasks of setting reminders and posting manually along with managing other social media platforms just don’t make the cut anymore. Luckily, you’ve got the option to schedule posts on Facebook groups!
You can do this without using a third-party social media scheduler tool, but the scheduling options will be just basic. You will not get the option to bulk schedule posts, and the feature is hidden a few layers deep in the Groups interface.
We’ll take you through both the options: How to schedule posts on Facebook Groups from the FB interface as well as using a social media scheduling tool.
How to schedule posts on Facebook groups natively
- Go to the Group on which you want to schedule a post.
- Start by writing your post by clicking on the ‘What’s on your mind’ button.
- Write the description you want, add media or hashtags, and then click on the calendar icon at the bottom-right corner.
- Select the date and time when you want your post to be published and click on ‘Schedule’. Your post is now scheduled and will go live as per the timings set.
Need to make changes? Follow the below steps.
- Go to your Facebook group and navigate to the ‘Scheduled posts’ section from the left-hand side panel. Here you’ll see all the posts that you have scheduled.
- From here, you can reschedule your post or upload it instantly. To edit or delete the post, click on the three dots and a drop-down menu will appear. Here you will get a lot of other options like ‘Turn off commenting’ and ‘Turn of translations’.
This feature works great when you have to schedule a one-off post. But, what if you have to schedule multiple posts at once? What if you have to schedule posts on Facebook groups that go out in a recurring manner? What if you want to schedule posts on Facebook groups as a Page and not a profile? Or, what if you want to schedule posts to both your Facebook groups and page at the same time?
Well, to be able to all these, you need a social media scheduling tool. And out of the very few tools providing this functionality, the best is RecurPost.
Let’s see why you should choose RecurPost and how you can use its Facebook Post Scheduler.
Why use RecurPost as your Facebook post scheduler?
RecurPost provides a lot of features that will win you over while choosing a tool for scheduling posts on Facebook groups, pages, or personal profiles.
- Support for multiple platforms: RecurPost lets you schedule posts to multiple Facebook groups, pages, and profiles. Apart from that, it also provides support for Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, and GMB.
- Bulk scheduling: Using this feature, you can plan and schedule tons of posts in advance for multiple Facebook groups, profiles, pages. You can upload content in bulk through CSV files, by importing from social accounts or other websites (RSS feeds).
- Unlimited content libraries: Libraries allow you to create a dedicated space for content of each Facebook account separately. This further keeps your social media calendar organized and lets you easily differentiate the content that will go out on FB profiles, pages, or groups.
- Auto-schedule for best time: This feature will let you post the right content at the right time on your FB accounts. Simply select the option of ‘Auto-schedule for best time’ while scheduling a post. RecurPost will then study the engagement received on your previous posts and automatically schedule your content for the best time to post on Instagram, Facebook, and other sites.
- Schedule repeating Facebook posts: You can add content in your libraries and set a recurring schedule, which will make all the posts in that library go out on your social accounts in a loop. Repeatedly posting your social updates at regular intervals gives them new life, helps you reach more people, gains you more leads, and increases your overall sales.
- Schedule posts on Facebook groups as admin or member: RecurPost supports posting on a Facebook group that you administer as well on the groups that you are a member of, a feature not provided by any other social media scheduling tool.
How to schedule posts on Facebook groups using RecurPost
Now that you know Why you should use RecurPost to schedule posts on Facebook groups, let’s get to the How part.
1. Sign up for RecurPost and connect your FB accounts
No doubt, the first step will be to sign up for a RecurPost account. You just need to go to recurpost.com and create your account. You’ll only be required to enter your email address, name, and start the 14-day trial to experience the scheduling journey.
After creating your account, you will be taken to the dashboard. Here, you will see the button saying ‘Add social accounts’.
Click on it and a pop-up will appear. Under the Facebook section, there will be three options: Profile, Page, and Group.
Click on ‘Add Group’ and you will be taken to the login screen, if you are not already logged in to your Facebook account from your browser. The next screen will ask you to give certain permissions to RecurPost in order to post on your account. Don’t worry, no personal information or login credentials will be saved or used by RecurPost.
Click on ‘Continue’ and you’ll be directed back to RecurPost, where you will see a list of all the groups that you administer and the ones that you are a member of.
Simply click on the ‘Add’ button and your Facebook group will be connected to RecurPost.
Also, below each group name, you will see the option of ‘Post as’. By default, you’ll be posting from your profile. But, if you want to post as a page, you can do that too. To know how, refer to this guide.
2. Create a one-off post
A one-off post is an update that will be shared on your account just once. On the dashboard, click on the ‘Share a post’ button.
In the pop-up that appears, you can create your one-off post. Fill in all the details – add description/caption, attach images/video or create a graphic directly from Canva, add hashtags, include emojis, and select the Fb group that you want to post on.
Now, you can either upload the post instantly or schedule it for a later date and time. To schedule, toggle the ‘Schedule for later’ button on, and select the date and time as per your requirements. Alternatively, you can choose ‘Auto-schedule for best time’ and let RecurPost find the best time to post for you.
After adding all the details, your post will look something like this:
Hit the ‘schedule’ button and you’re done.
3. Create content libraries
Libraries allow you to categorize your posts neatly into different spaces. Think of them as folders on your device. You can fill them up with awesome content and set a recurring schedule to make all that content go out in a loop on your FB group and other social accounts too.
When you sign up, 3 libraries will be created by default. You can either use them or delete them and create new ones. To create a new library, go to the Libraries menu and click on the ‘Add new library’ button.
While creating a new library, you will be required to set three things: Name of the library, color of the library, and whether it will be one-time use or recurring library. Keep in mind that the updates you add in a one-time-use library are not recurring in nature and will expire once posted on your social accounts.
4. Add content in libraries
Click on the name of the library that you wish to add content to. Inside the library, you will find a lot of options to add recurring updates. You can add a single update, add images/text/link posts in bulk, add content through a CSV/excel file, import content from a social account, or set up an RSS feed.
For updates in your library, you can also select whether you want to keep them as drafts until a certain date. These updates will basically be on stand-by until their ‘release date’.
After the release date, they will start going out to your social accounts recurringly according to your schedule.
You can also choose to make these updates stop going out to your social accounts after a certain ‘expiry date’. After the expiry date, your update will expire and will go to a separate content library named ‘Expired Content’.
If you want a post to go out next before any other post from a library, you can click on ‘Make it the next post to go out’ button.
5. Add recurring schedules
After adding content in libraries, you need to set a recurring schedule so that the added posts start going out on your social accounts. Go to your library and navigate to the ‘Your Schedule’ tab, and click on the ‘Add recurring schedule’ button.
Here, you can set the frequency at which the posts added to your library will be uploaded on your FB group. Choose an option between weekly or monthly cycles, set the time, and hit the ‘Add Schedule’ button.
That’s all! You now know how you can schedule posts on Facebook groups using RecurPost!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can you schedule posts in Facebook groups?
Yes! It is now possible to schedule posts on Facebook groups. You can do that natively from the Facebook interface, however, it has certain limitations. You can only schedule one post at a time. If you wish to schedule multiple posts at once or want to post on multiple groups at once, you need to use a social media scheduling tool.
RecurPost allows you to connect and manage multiple Facebook groups. It lets you schedule posts on groups that you administer as well the groups that you are a member of. You can also post on Facebook groups a page, without being an admin!
There a lot of other features that it provides which you can check out by taking the 14-day trial.
2. Can all admins see scheduled posts on Facebook?
Definitely. All admins can see and edit scheduled posts in Facebook groups. To do so, follow the below steps:
- From your News Feed, click on ‘Groups’ from the left menu and select your group. If you can’t see Groups, click ‘See more’.
- Navigate to ‘Scheduled Posts’ from the Admin tools menu on the left-hand side.
- Here you’ll see all the scheduled posts.
- Click on the three dots next to the post that you want to edit.
- Choose between Edit post, Delete post, Reschedule post, Post now, and other options available.
3. Can you schedule more than one post on Facebook group?
When you are using the Facebook interface itself to schedule posts in groups, you will be able to schedule only one post at a time. There is no option for bulk scheduling content. Thus, to schedule multiple posts, you will have to upload and schedule each of them separately. To make tasks much easier, you can use RecurPost – a social media scheduling tool that provides a FB post scheduler.
Using RecurPost, you will be able to:
- Bulk schedule numerous posts at once
- Post on multiple groups together
- Post on Facebook group as a profile or page
- Schedule posts on FB groups as a member of a group
- Schedule posts on FB groups as a page without being an admin
4. How to view scheduled posts on Facebook group?
To view all your scheduled posts in one place, click on ‘Groups’ from the left menu on the news feed and select your group. If you can’t see Groups, click ‘See more’. From the left-hand side panel, go to ‘Scheduled posts’ section. Here, you will be able to see all your scheduled posts and also take action on them. You can edit, reschedule, post it instantly, or choose between other options available.
And that’s a wrap!
RecurPost will help you plan, create, and schedule loads of content in just a matter of minutes. Take the 14-day trial today and experience the features on your own!
Amaiya Rathi is a content writer at RecurPost. She helps RecurPost communicate with their readers in their own language. Whether it is the web copy, social media posts or blogs, Amaiya has worked on all aspects of copywriting.