Are you ready to enhance your YouTube channel’s credibility? Do you want to unlock its exclusive features? If your answers are “Yes” then you must know how to verify your YouTube account.
The process may seem overwhelming. You may be frustrated by complex guides or faced rejection during the verification process in the past. That must be the reason, you are searching for clear and easy-to-follow instructions.
In this comprehensive guide, we will give you the simple process of verifying your YouTube account. We at RecurPost, a social media scheduler, will provide you with step-by-step instructions that ensure a smooth journey toward verification.
So let’s get started, elevate your YouTube presence, and embark on a successful content creation journey.
What is YouTube verification?
YouTube verification is a process that helps you to prove your authenticity on YouTube. Consider it as a special stamp that shows your audience that you are reliable. When you verify a YouTube account, it sends a message to your viewers that you are committed to creating great content and can be trusted.
Verifying your YouTube account is essential to unlock some special features and benefits. It gives you access to tools that can help you grow your channel and engage with your audience. It sets you apart from others.
If you want to show the world that you are serious about your YouTube journey and build trust with your viewers, it’s time to verify your YouTube channel.
Let’s dive into the good stuff – the rewards of YouTube verification.
What are the benefits of YouTube verification?
YouTube verification brings several benefits that can elevate your channel and enhance your overall YouTube experience. Here are some key advantages.
- Credibility and Trust: A verified badge adds credibility to your channel, showcasing that you are a legitimate and trusted content creator. It helps build trust with your viewers and distinguishes you from unverified channels.
- Customization Options: Verification unlocks customization features such as custom thumbnails, custom channel URLs, and the ability to add external links to your videos. These tools allow you to personalize your channel and provide a more professional and branded experience for your audience.
- Community Engagement: Verified channels gain access to community tab features, including polls, images, and text posts. This enables you to actively engage and interact with your viewers, fostering a sense of community and strengthening your audience connection.
- Content Monetization: Verification is an essential step toward monetizing your channel. Once verified, you can join the YouTube Partner Program and become eligible for revenue generation through advertisements, channel memberships, and merchandise shelves.
- YouTube Live Streaming: Verified channels can unlock the ability to live stream on YouTube, enabling you to connect with your audience in real-time, host live events, and Q&A sessions, and reach a wider audience through live content.
By getting your YouTube account verified, you can open up a world of opportunities to enhance your YouTube channel.
Different types of YouTube verification
YouTube offers different types of verification to cater to the needs of various content creators. Here are the two main types.
- Verification Badge: This is the most recognizable form of verification on YouTube. It is represented by a gray checkmark or a red play button next to the channel name. The verification badge confirms that the channel belongs to the official creator or organization it claims to represent.
- Phone Verification: YouTube also offers phone verification as an alternative method. Phone verification helps ensure the security and authenticity of your account. By linking and verifying your phone number with your YouTube account, you can gain access to certain features and privileges as shown below.
- You can upload videos longer than 15 minutes.
- Add custom thumbnails.
- Run Live stream.
- Appeal Content ID claims.
Whether you aim for the prestigious verification badge or choose the convenience of phone verification, both options serve the purpose of establishing trust, credibility, and security on YouTube.
Badge verification focuses on verifying the authenticity and identity of public figures or brands, while phone verification is a method used to validate a user’s identity by confirming their ownership of a provided phone number.
What are the eligibility criteria for YouTube verification?
To be eligible for YouTube verification, you need to meet certain criteria. Here are the key eligibility requirements:
- Authenticity: Your channel must represent the real, unique, and individual presence of you or your brand. It should reflect your original content and not infringe upon others’ copyrights.
- Channel Subscribers: Generally, your channel should have a minimum number of subscribers to qualify for verification. At the time of writing this article, you should have 100000 subscribers to qualify for channel verification. However, the subscriber threshold may vary over time and is subject to YouTube’s discretion.
- Policy Compliance: Your channel should adhere to YouTube’s Community Guidelines, Terms of Service, and Copyright Policies. It’s crucial to maintain a clean record with no significant violations.
A Step-by-Step Guide on How to Verify Your YouTube Account
Step 1: Accessing YouTube Studio
To begin the process of verifying your YouTube account, follow these simple steps:
- Sign in to your YouTube account:
Use your credentials to log in to your YouTube account. Ensure that you enter the correct email address and password associated with your account.
- Navigating to YouTube Studio:
Once signed in, click on your profile picture or avatar in the top right corner of the YouTube homepage. From the dropdown menu, select “YouTube Studio.” This will take you to the YouTube Studio dashboard, where you can manage and customize your channel.
By accessing YouTube Studio, you are on your way to verifying your YouTube account and unlocking a range of benefits for your channel.
Step 2: Meeting the Requirements
To verify YouTube account, you need to fulfill certain requirements:
- Subscriber Count Requirements:
At present, your account must have 100000 subscribers. However, the threshold number may vary in order to be eligible for verification. These requirements may vary over time, so it’s important to check the current guidelines to ensure you meet the subscriber count criteria.
- Policy Compliance:
It’s crucial to adhere to YouTube’s community guidelines, copyright policies, and terms of service. Ensure that your content aligns with these policies to maintain eligibility for verification.
By meeting these requirements, you can increase your chances of successfully verifying your YouTube account and unlocking the benefits that come with it.
Step 3: Requesting a Verification Badge
- Accessing the YouTube Verification Page:
Start by navigating to the YouTube verification page, which is where you can initiate the verification process. You can find this page within YouTube Studio, the platform’s content management hub.
- Submitting Your Request:
Once you are on the verification page, follow the instructions to submit your verification request. YouTube may require you to meet specific eligibility criteria, such as reaching a certain subscriber count or complying with community guidelines.
- Providing Necessary Information:
As part of the verification request, you need to provide some essential information. This may include details about your channel’s identity, purpose, and other relevant information that helps YouTube assess your eligibility.
After submitting your request and providing the required information, it’s time to wait for the verification process to complete. YouTube will review your request and determine if your channel meets the necessary criteria for verification. The duration of the verification process can vary, so be patient during this waiting period.
The verification badge adds credibility to your channel and shows your viewers that you are a trusted creator. By following these steps and providing the necessary information, you are on your way to obtaining a verification badge for your YouTube account.
Step 4: Phone Verification Process
- Accessing the YouTube verification settings:
Go to your YouTube account settings and locate the verification options. Look for the section related to phone verification.
- Verifying your phone number:
Enter your phone number in the designated field. Make sure to use a valid and active phone number that you have access to.
- Entering the verification code:
Once you enter your phone number, you will receive a verification code via SMS or a phone call. Enter the code in the provided field within the specified time frame.
Phone verification adds an extra layer of security by offering two-step verification to your YouTube account and helps ensure that you are the rightful owner. Follow these simple steps to verify your account using your phone number and gain access to the benefits of a verified YouTube account.
Step 5: Troubleshooting Common Issues
If you encounter a rejection or denial during the verification process, don’t worry. Here’s how to address potential problems:
- Receiving a Rejection or Denial:
If your verification request is rejected, review the reasons provided by YouTube. Address issues such as policy violations. Make the necessary improvements and reapply for verification.
- Addressing Potential Problems:
If you face other issues, such as technical glitches or difficulties in providing the required information, reach out to YouTube’s support team for assistance. They can provide guidance and help resolve any challenges you may encounter.
Perseverance is the key. Troubleshooting common issues ensures a smoother verification process, bringing you one step closer to a verified YouTube account.
Best Practices for a Verified YouTube Account
Once you have successfully verified your YouTube account, you will get a YouTube verify tick. It’s essential to implement best practices to make the most out of your verified status. Here are some tips to maximize the benefits of having a verified YouTube account:
- Leverage the Verification Badge: Make sure to prominently display the verification badge on your channel. This badge adds credibility and trust to your content, making it easier for viewers to identify your channel as authentic and improving social media positioning.
- Engage with Your Audience: Actively interact with your viewers through comments, community posts, and live streams. Respond to their feedback, and questions, and engage in meaningful conversations. Building a strong relationship with your audience fosters loyalty and encourages them to keep coming back for more.
- Collaborate with Other Verified Creators: Look for opportunities to collaborate with other verified YouTubers in your niche. Collaborations expose your channel to new audiences, helping you gain more visibility and potentially attracting new subscribers.
- Consistency is Key: Maintain a consistent upload schedule to keep your audience engaged. Regularly provide high-quality content that aligns with your channel’s theme and meets the expectations of your subscribers.
- Optimize Metadata: Pay attention to your video titles, descriptions, tags, and thumbnails. Optimize these elements to increase discoverability, improve search rankings, and attract more viewers to your content.
- Branding and Channel Aesthetics: Develop a strong branding identity by creating visually appealing channel art, a captivating logo, and consistent video thumbnails. A professional and cohesive visual presence helps establish your channel’s identity and makes it easily recognizable. To engage your audience with your brand you can create YouTube shorts using unique ideas.
- Cross-Promotion: Promote your YouTube channel on other social media platforms, such as on Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook. Cross-promoting your content widens your reach and exposes your channel to potential new subscribers.
Remember, a verified YouTube account is just the beginning. By implementing these best practices, you can elevate your channel’s visibility, engagement, and overall success within the YouTube community. Stay dedicated, consistent, and always strive to provide value to your viewers.
Now you know how to verify your YouTube account. It is a crucial step in building credibility and unlocking the full potential of your channel. We covered the step-by-step verification process, ensuring you have the necessary guidance.
By verifying your account, you gain benefits like increased trust, customization options, community engagement, content monetization, and live streaming capabilities.
Take the leap, verify your YouTube account, and watch your channel flourish. Enhance your credibility, connect with your audience, and pave the way for success by becoming a verified YouTube creator.
Get verified on YouTube and start the journey of unlocking the true potential of your channel today.
Frequently Asked Questions
The duration of the verification process varies, but it typically takes a few days to a few weeks. The exact time can depend on factors such as YouTube’s review process and the volume of verification requests.
No, currently, a phone number is required for the verification process of a YouTube account. It is an essential step to confirm your identity and ensure the security of your account.
Yes, you can appeal a verification rejection. If your verification request is denied, you have the option to address the issues and reapply for verification.
Changing your channel name after verification is possible. However, it’s important to consider the potential impact on branding and recognition, as the verification badge is linked to your channel name.
In some cases, YouTube may remove the verification badge from a channel due to policy violations or changes in eligibility requirements. It’s crucial to maintain compliance with YouTube’s policies to retain your verification status. If your badge is removed, focus on rectifying the issues and reapplying for verification once you meet the criteria again.
No, the verification badge is specific to the channel it was originally granted to. If you create a new channel or switch channels, you will need to go through the verification process again for the new channel.
While verification is not a direct requirement for monetization, it is an important step in establishing credibility and trust with advertisers and viewers. Verification can help your channel stand out and increase your chances of joining the YouTube Partner Program for monetization.
Debbie Moran is a Digital marketing strategist with 5+ years of experience producing advertising for brands and helping leaders showcase their brand to the correct audience. She has been a part of RecurPost since 2019 and handles all the activities required to grow our brand’s online presence.