You want to know how to schedule tweets and boost engagement? You have come to the right place!
Any regular person would know how difficult it is to create a Twitter account that has momentum on a regular basis. There is a lot of time and effort involved in tweeting, retweeting, responding and adding value or if you will, executing Twitter Marketing Strategy. Now if you are a social media manager, things become all the more difficult because you clearly won’t have ample time on your hands.
Additionally, as per the algorithm on Twitter, most tweets that we see on our timeline are displayed in reverse chronological order. This implies that there are optimal times to post that help you attain higher engagement figures. Since you won’t have time to wait around for the best time to post on Twitter, you should go for a Tweet Scheduler.
This blog will run you through the following questions
- How would Tweet scheduling help you
- How to schedule Tweets to boost engagement?
- Best practices to follow for Twitter tweet scheduling
How would Tweet scheduling help you?
Scheduling tweets in advance for multiple Twitter accounts can take your engagement figures sky high. Isn’t this what you want? Isn’t this what everybody wants? One might wonder why it is important to pre-schedule because the content itself is enough to drive engagement. This is true only to a certain extent. To get maximum engagement on your tweets, you need to make sure maximum people see them. That means you will have to figure out the best & worst time to post on Twitter and pre-schedule accordingly. These are some additional benefits of using a Twitter tweet scheduler:
You will tap into global masses
The number of users that Twitter has is a whopping 260 million across the globe. It is a gem of a platform to tap into potential international clients or customers.
You will save more time to be effective on important tasks
Automation of any kind frees up the extra hours for productivity. This stands no different for scheduled posts on Twitter. When you choose to Automated Twitter Tweet Scheduling, you will have to plan social media content well ahead in time. This will free up the hours that you would have to spend on research otherwise. You can always use automation tools like RecurPost to be more efficient. This tool will list out the best times to post on Twitter and you can schedule accordingly.
You will attain consistency in your content
If you have studied social media patterns, you would know that staying consistent will take you miles in driving organic traffic to your page. You cannot afford to go on and off because that will reduce trust and engagement among your Twitter community. Try to post consistently to have a uniformly filled Twitter feed and build trust among your followers.
How to schedule Tweets to boost engagement?
If you want the engagement numbers coming your way and if you are serious about driving content goals, your best bet is a social media automation tool. RecurPost is a platform that will give you all automation services under a single umbrella and at a good price point. The scheduling process will be easy and up front. Your Twitter handle will literally be handled by RecurPost.
You can even create recurring schedules and schedule tweets from multiple accounts. Here is how to schedule tweets with RecurPost in the simplest manner:
1. Connect your Twitter profile from the dashboard
The first thing that you will have to do is add your Twitter account or connect it to the RecurPost app. For this, you will have to login to your account and go to the dashboard. You will see an option to add your social accounts on the left-hand side panel. Click on that.
2. Select the Twitter profiles you want to add
After clicking on the “Add” button, you will see a pop-up on your screen wherein you can choose from the platforms that you want to add. For now, you have to click on the page button under the Twitter category. Once you do that, you will get the option of adding account details and granting permissions. You will be done adding your account post and it will be connected to the RecurPost app.
3. Create a Tweet
Select the profile that you want to schedule the Tweet for. Note that you won’t be able to schedule the same tweet for all your Twitter handles as per the latest Twitter policy. But worry not, RecurPost creates tweet variations to tackle that.
Once you select the profile, you can click on the option that says “Share a post”. Add in your Tweet content where the description box asks you to.
You have the following options to add to your post:
- Photos – Tweets that have an element of graphic are likely to stand out and get more attention than plain text. They get more clicks, likes, and retweets according to a study by HubSpot.
- Videos – Twitter says that videos are likely to get 6 times the retweets that photos get. Video Marketing is the trend that dominates today.
- Emoji – Emoji have a way of perking up plain text. They make your piece interesting to read and even add life to it.
- Link – adding links to your business pages or website landing pages is a great way to drive traffic.
- Hashtags – Using hashtags will take you forward in your SEO game. They can let you reach an untapped audience and make your piece highly and widely visible.
4. Time to put it on schedule
Once you are done crafting your content for tweeting, you are ready to put it on schedule for publishing. For someone who has wondered about how to schedule tweets, here is your answer. You have the following options when you choose to automate your Twitter scheduling tweets:
- Post now – If you want the tweet to be posted just when you create it, you can choose the option that says “post now”
- Schedule for later – If you want your tweet to be posted on a later date, you choose the option that says “schedule for later”. Add in the date and time of posting.
- Create a recurring update – If you want that your tweet schedule repeats itself, you can select the option that says “Repeat this update”.
You make it to the end of all these steps and you are done! Your tweets are scheduled and ready to roll out.
Best practices to follow for Twitter tweet scheduling
Checking the frequency of tweeting
Many studies say that the optimal frequency for tweeting is about 3 tweets a day and even went up to 50 tweets per day. However, there are a few things you should consider while deciding on the frequency of posting.
- Your goal for Twitter marketing – You should be clear about what you want to achieve. It could be engagement or impressions. Your frequency of tweeting will depend on that.
- The hours you have on your hand – A specialized social media person would have all the time one could need for tweet scheduling. But if you are a business owner with limited time for social media, your tweet frequency will less with regards to the time you have.
- Do you want to publish good content? You could have set a certain frequency of posting goal. But you should never post blindly just for the sake of that goal. Make sure that the content you tweet is of good quality and capable of holding user attention.
Study the best times for posting
There are always best and worst times to post on social media. Thankfully, RecurPost gives you a report of your best performing tweets and you can see what time they went out. The app also suggests the best times for posting of course. These are the times when your followers are most active and likely to engage with your posts.
Monitor your tweets after scheduling
Yes, automation will take off a huge load from your shoulders. But that does not mean you leave control over what you post after it is scheduled. As per social media algorithms, the best way to increase engagement on your tweets is by responding to your audience. Also, being active in real time is very important. If there is a tragedy or a disaster to which your scheduled tweet can deem insensitive, you need to pull it out immediately.
1. How to create scheduled tweets?
Here is an excerpt taken directly from Twitter’s help center: (Source: https://business.twitter.com/en/help/campaign-editing-and-optimization/scheduled-tweets.html)
- Log in to ads.twitter.com.
- Navigate to the “Creatives” > “Tweets” tab.
- Click on “New Tweet” in the top right corner.
- You’ll be redirected to the Tweet Composer, where you can create your Tweet. Add your copy, photos, videos, and cards here.
- Choose “Promoted-only” or not. Selecting “Promoted-only” will deliver your Tweet only to users targeted in a Promoted Ads campaign, not organically to your followers. Unselecting this will schedule an organic Tweet.
- You can only unselect “Promoted-only” when logged into your ads account.
- Once you’re finished, select the down arrow button next to “Tweet”.
- Choose “Schedule” from the drop-down menu.
- Select the date and time you want your scheduled Tweet to go live.
2.How do you automate a tweet?
It is very simple to automate tweets in 2021. All you have to do is take up a plan with a third party tool like RecurPost. You can link your Twitter account with the app and begin scheduling tweets. You can choose your schedule of posting and RecurPost will take care of the rest.
3. Where can I schedule tweets?
You have the option of scheduling tweets directly from the Twitter portal or you can use a third party app like RecurPost. This social media scheduling tool will let you manage all your tweets and notifications, retweets and sharing, via a single platform. You can create tweet variations with RecurPost.
4. Can you schedule post on Twitter?
Yes, it is very much possible to schedule posts on Twitter. You can pre-schedule content directly through the website or by using a social media scheduling tool.
5. How to schedule tweets via the Twitter app?
Here are the steps to follow for scheduling tweets on the Twitter app:
- Open the Twitter app on your phone and ensure that you are logged into the right account.
- Create your tweet and add in the media you would like.
- Click on the calendar/clock icon to open scheduling options.
- Select the date and time as per your time zone.
- You are all done. Click the “confirm” icon on the top right corner and your tweet is scheduled.
This was your guide on how to schedule tweets for gaining higher engagement numbers. Getting good engagement on Twitter is a dream that many social media marketers take on. The key to this lies in gaining a thorough understanding of your target audience and serving what they desire.
Automating the scheduling of your tweets will allow your content to be on the frontline when the audience is most responsive. And just as we mentioned in the blog, it will free up those extra hours that can be used for strategy building. Social media scheduling tools like RecurPost can take you forward in your pursuit for higher Twitter engagement. They have very attractive plans and pricing about which you can learn here.