Came across something smashing on your Instagram feed and want it in your saved library immediately? Do you know how to download an Instagram video though?
If not, this blog will be your friend in need.
Instagram videos are a marketer’s best weapon when it comes to Instagram marketing. More than 85% of businesses have chosen to inculcate videos in their marketing strategy and they continue to choose that. Luckily, Instagram has made videos super accessible for small businesses, owing to additions like Instagram stories, Instagram Live, IGTV, and more.
Even better, you can use a social media scheduler to schedule these videos and win your Instagram marketing strategy!
Coming back to the temptation you have when you come across something good on Instagram, you should know that there is no definite mechanism to save videos to your collection. But there are certain ways to download Instagram videos. This blog will guide you through them in different settings.
Your Guide on How to Download Instagram Videos
How to Download Instagram Videos on PC
If you want to download an Instagram video without having to use any online service or a third-party tool, you can do it from the source code. Here is how to do it:
- Open the video that you would like to download
- Right-click on the video and from the menu, select “Inspect element”. It can also be “View page source” on your browser.
- Now press Crtl+F keys to open the “Find” icon and type in “.mp4”
- The search will open up a section of code. Here, you need to copy the link next to “src”’
- Now simply paste this link into a new tab and the video shall start playing. Then right-click again and select “save video as”. You can download the video that way.
How to Download Instagram Videos on iPhone
iPhone users go through enough trouble already when it comes to downloading or saving content from the web. But they don’t have to worry about being able to download Instagram videos. Here is how you can download Instagram videos on iPhone:
- Open the Instagram application on your phone and go to the video you want. Now click on the three dots above the video and choose “copy link”
- Go to Safari and open the Instagram video downloader, then paste the video link there. Hit the download button now and the servers will fetch the Instagram video
- Your video would be ready now, hit the download button. Then safari will ask you to download the video or photo, hit the button
- The progress of your download can be tracked from the downloads icon. Once the upload is finished, hit that icon to check the downloaded video
- Now select the video, then choose the Share icon, and select “Save video” to save the downloaded version in your photo gallery
How to Download Instagram Videos on Android
Android users have it just a tad bit easier than iPhone users. On an Android device, all the videos you view get saved automatically and you just have to find where they are saved. Here is what you have to do:
- First, you need to go to the video you want and watch it
- Make sure you watch the whole video for it to be downloaded entirely
- Now, open your phone’s “File manager” and go to Android>data>com.instagram,android>cache>videos.
- Here you are going to find all the videos viewed by you and they will have .extension
- You can tap on them and choose the “video” option to play them
You should note that all these videos will be in the cache. If the phone cache gets deleted, you will lose all the videos too.
How to Download Reels Video From Instagram
Instagram reels are wildly popular today and if you want to benefit fully front their popularity, you should find the best time to post on Instagram and publish them accordingly. Now, if you want to download Instagram reels, you should know that you cannot do it without the help of a third-party app. You can use Repost or InSaver for instagram post size. But, you can always save reels in the app itself. Here is how to save reels on Instagram:
- Open the Instagram app and select the search button. From there you can look for the reels video you want to save
- This can also be done from a user’s profile. For this, just select the new reels tab next to IGTV and select the reels video you want to download to open it
- Once the reel is open, choose the three-dots icon from the menu at the bottom and then choose “save”
- Now, to access the saved reel, go back to your home screen and tap your profile icon > the hamburger menu icon > Settings > Account > Saved.
How to Download Instagram Videos Online
If you are looking to download Instagram post ideas videos online, you can do so by using third-party apps. For this you need a reliable connection like Risebroadband internet. Here are the best Instagram video downloaders in 2022 that you can use:
- Video Downloader – for Instagram Repost App
- Downloader for Instagram + direct message
How to Download Private Account Instagram Videos
If you want to download private account Instagram videos, you will have first to download an app called Save Insta. Once you open your account in there, you can follow these steps:
- Open your phone or PC browser and log in to your Instagram account.
- Go to the private account you like, select the video, and copy the link.
- Paste the link of the video in the first box above.
- Now, tap on the copy button, then open a new web page and paste the text on the page.
- Select all the text on the page and copy it.
- Go back to the private downloader and paste the text into the third box.
- Select the View button and the video will appear, then choose the download button and it will start downloading immediately.
- The video will be saved to your gallery.
How to Download IGTV Videos
IGTV videos are a stellar addition to the Instagram bouquet of features. They are highly engaging and they are rocking the market space. You can use a social media scheduler to schedule Instagram posts or IGTV posts to stay on top of your game.
And if you are looking to download these, we have a guide for you!
How to Save IGTV Videos to Your iPhone
If you to save IGTV videos to your iPhone, a third-party tool like Repost: for Instagram would be the best choice. Here are the steps to follow:
- First, download and set up Repost: for Instagram from the App Store.
- Open the Instagram app and go to the IGTV video you want to download.
- Select the three dots icon at the video’s bottom.
- Choose “Copy Link”, and then open Repost app.
- The link you have copied will automatically be detected by Repost: for Instagram. To download the IGTV video, tap the arrow to its right.
- Select the save icon from the top right.
- Now choose “Save Video” to download the IGTV video to your iPhone camera roll.
How to Download IGTV Videos on Android
To download IGTV videos on your Android device easily, you can use a third-party app called Video downloader for IGTV. Here is how you can use it to download videos:
- First, install Video Downloader for IGTV from the Play Store.
- Open the Instagram app and go to the IGTV video you want to download to your phone.
- At the bottom of the video, select the three dots icon placed next to the like, comment, and share icons.
- Choose “Copy Link” to save the video link to your clipboard.
- Open the Video Downloader for the IGTV app and select “Paste.”
- Now, choose the download icon for the IGTV video to be saved to your phone.
Instagram is currently very popular, so many recently added features, like Instagram filters, make it even more fascinating. Moreover, do you need to know how to download Instagram videos? Voila! You are done! This blog will act as your comprehensive guide to downloading Instagram videos.
Also, let us discuss how you can benefit from a social media scheduling tool. A tool like RecurPost can help you pre-schedule all your Instagram posts that can get published at the best times for posting with social media bulk scheduling. This way, you can reach a massive user base and boost the engagement levels on your posts. You will also get detailed analytics reports to help you assess your best-performing content. RecurPost is a fantastic Statusbrew alternative that will provide you with the best features at an affordable price. As a result, it is one of the best free Hootsuite alternatives available.
You can know more about how its services are planned. Also, read the RecurPost pricing plans to see if it fits your marketing budget using different Instagram Tools. But keep in mind that always keep Instagram SEO as the main point of Instagram Marketing, as it helps you get a higher reach.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are the steps to follow if you want to download your own Instagram story video:
– Open the Instagram app and log in to your account
– Choose “Your story”, from the top-left corner to be able to view all posts that you have added to your story
– Now, choose the story that you want to save, then choose the three dots at the bottom right, and select “save”
If you want to download a broadcast that you have already done on Instagram Live, you can choose “download video” to save the video to your phone’s camera roll. You should know that when you do this, only the video will be saved and not stuff like comments, likes, and viewers.
If you want to copy an Instagram video via its link, you will have to follow these steps:
– Go to Instagram.com
– Log- into your account
– Now, open the video that you want to copy
– Once you open the post, click on the three dots
– Now, select “copy link” from the pop-up menu to copy the link to your clipboard
Here are the steps to follow if you want to download Instagram videos without an app:
– Log in to your Instagram account first and open the video that you want to download
– Click on the video to make it fullscreen
– Right-click on the video and then select “inspect”
– Once the HTML pops up, you can get the URL to your video.
Here is how you can download Instagram story videos with music:
– Go to “settings” on your Instagram app
– Now, select story settings
– In the “savings” section, activate the option saying “save to archive” or “save to camera roll”
Debbie Moran is a Digital marketing strategist with 5+ years of experience producing advertising for brands and helping leaders showcase their brand to the correct audience. She has been a part of RecurPost since 2019 and handles all the activities required to grow our brand’s online presence.