Are you ready to level up your YouTube Shorts game and skyrocket your views? Well, you’ve come to the right place! In this blog post, we’re diving deep into the exciting world of how to schedule YouTube Shorts. Yes, you heard it right – you can now schedule the release of your Shorts in advance, and we’re here to guide you every step of the way.
And because we want to equip you with all the tools you need, we’ve handpicked 11 amazing tools that will supercharge your YouTube Shorts journey. This list of social media schedulers will boost your views and maximize the impact of your scheduled Shorts.
Get ready to become a Shorts scheduling pro and watch your audience grow like never before!
Table of Contents for How to Schedule YouTube Shorts
- How to Schedule YouTube Shorts Natively
- How to Schedule YouTube Shorts Using Third-Party Tools
- Vista Social
- Social Champ
- Sprout Social
- Social Pilot
- Frequently Asked Questions
How to Schedule YouTube Shorts Natively
Here’s how to schedule YouTube Shorts directly on the YouTube platform.
Step 1: Sign in to your account
Begin by logging in to your YouTube Studio account. Once you’re in, look towards the top-right corner of the page and click on the CREATE button. From there, navigate to Upload videos and click on Select Files to choose the video file you wish to schedule. You can use video editing apps to create engaging videos.
Step 2: Fill in the details
Now that you’ve selected your video, it’s time to enter the necessary details. Provide the relevant information for your video, such as the title, description, and any tags or categories you want to associate with it. This step ensures your video is properly identified and searchable.
Step 3: Schedule your video
To do this, head over to the “Visibility” tab. Within the tab options, locate and select the Schedule option. This enables you to set a specific date, time, and time zone for when your video will be published.
Take a moment to choose the ideal date and time that aligns with your content strategy and target audience. Don’t forget to select the appropriate time zone to ensure your video goes live when and where you intend it to.
How to Schedule YouTube Shorts Using Third-Party Tools
Before delving into the detailed explanations of each tool, let’s take a sneak peek at the array of offerings provided by these tools. Get a quick overview of the unique capabilities and features of each tool, setting the stage for a comprehensive exploration of their functionalities.
|Tool||Free Trial||Pricing||Thumbnail customization||Category selection||Privacy settings||Video tags||AI caption generator||Best time schedules|
|RecurPost||14 days||Starts from $20.83/month||✅||✅||✅||✅||✅||✅|
|Vista social||14 days||Starts from $15 per month||❌||✅||✅||✅||❌||❌|
|Buffer||14 days||Starts from $6 per month/channel||❌||✅||✅||❌||✅||✅|
|Social champ||7 days||Starts from $26/month||✅||✅||❌||✅||❌||❌|
|Feedhive||7 days||Starts from $19/month||❌||❌||❌||❌||✅||✅|
|Simplified||Available||Starts from $30/month||❌||❌||❌||❌||✅||❌|
|OneUp||7 days||Starts from $36/month||✅||❌||❌||❌||✅||❌|
|Sprout Social||30 days||Starts from $249/month||✅||✅||✅||✅||❌||✅|
|Loomly||15 days||Starts from $35/month||✅||❌||❌||✅||❌||❌|
|Social Pilot||14 days||Starts from $30/month||✅||✅||✅||✅||❌||✅|
|Statusbrew||7 days||Starts from $69/month||❌||✅||✅||✅||❌||❌|
With RecurPost’s powerful features, you can schedule YouTube videos and shorts in advance, ensuring consistent posting and channel growth. Below are some features that you can get while using the RecurPost YouTube shorts scheduler:
- Eliminate last-minute panic postings and enjoy a stress-free life with RecurPost’s video scheduling feature.
- Maintain control over video privacy settings with options for public, private, or unlisted videos.
- Easily manage multiple YouTube channels without the hassle of logging in and out of different accounts.
- Use AI-based best time schedules to determine the optimal posting time for maximum views and engagement.
- Customize thumbnails to showcase your brand and make your videos stand out.
- Set the category of the video and add relevant tags to increase views and engagement.
- Set the desired privacy settings for the video. Choose from 3 options – Public, Private, and Unlisted.
- Generate engaging copy with RecurPost’s AI content generation feature to entice viewers and boost views.
- Stay organized and never miss a deadline with RecurPost’s visual content calendar.
- Collaborate with team members and delegate tasks for efficient channel management.
- Easily schedule YouTube videos and shorts on your phone using RecurPost’s mobile app.
Other Platforms Supported: Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest, and Google My Business.
Pricing: RecurPost’s pricing plans start from $25 per month
2. Vista Social
VistaSocial helps in YouTube short scheduling by providing the following features:
- Choose from single post, social media bulk scheduling, find content, and smart publishing options to schedule your YouTube shorts efficiently.
- Specify the title for your YouTube short to make it catchy and engaging.
- Automatically add a comment to the post once it is published, enhancing viewer engagement.
- Select the desired privacy setting for your video – public, private, or unlisted – to control its visibility.
- Choose the appropriate category for your YouTube short to help viewers discover relevant content.
- Add tags to your video to improve its discoverability and reach a wider audience.
- Automatically like the post once it is published, encouraging engagement from viewers.
- Notify your subscribers once the video is published, ensuring they are aware of your latest content.
- Choose whether your video is suitable for underage users or not, complying with YouTube’s guidelines and restrictions.
Other Platforms Supported: Facebook, TikTok, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Reddit, and Twitter.
Pricing: Starts from $15 per month
Buffer is one of the social media management tools that helps in YouTube short scheduling with the following features:
- Categorize your videos and easily view them in a calendar layout.
- Schedule videos for weeks or months in advance, reducing the hassle of daily scheduling.
- Reach your audience at the best times by leveraging Buffer’s powerful scheduling features.
- Queue up your YouTube shorts on a preset schedule or create custom times.
- Overcome creative blocks and generate fresh video ideas with Buffer’s built-in AI Assistant.
- Ensure your videos are published when your audience is most active, regardless of their location.
- Let the AI Assistant suggest tailored video ideas specifically for your YouTube account, saving you time and effort in brainstorming.
- Expand your video’s reach by easily cross-posting to multiple platforms using Buffer.
Other Platforms Supported: Facebook, Instagram, Google My Business, Instagram, LinkedIn, Mastodon, Pinterest, TikTok, Twitter
Pricing: Starts from $6 per month per channel
4. Social Champ
Social Champ helps in YouTube short scheduling with the following features:
- Import videos directly from Google Drive or Dropbox and schedule your YouTube short content from the content dashboard.
- Add custom time slots throughout the week with the Queue feature or instantly post your videos with just a few clicks.
- Add video tags for high visibility and better searchability of your YouTube shorts.
- Utilize the all-in-one social media calendar and grid view to maintain consistency in your YouTube video posting.
- Easily view, edit, delete, and reschedule your published and scheduled YouTube videos using multiple filters.
- Enhance the visual appeal of your YouTube shorts by adding custom thumbnails and titles before scheduling.
- Take advantage of in-app integrations to edit your YouTube videos and track them using the content calendar feature.
- Choose appropriate categories for your YouTube shorts and view custom previews within the dashboard.
Other Platforms Supported: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Google My Business, LinkedIn, TikTok, Mastodon
Pricing: Starts from $26 per month
Using Feedhive, you can get the below YouTube scheduling features:
- FeedHive allows you to automate the posting of your YouTube shorts to your channel.
- With FeedHive, you can schedule your shorts to be posted at the best time for maximum engagement.
- Connect your YouTube channel to your FeedHive account and choose the posting schedule for your shorts.
- Add custom messages to each short, providing additional information to your audience.
- By scheduling your YT shorts with FeedHive, you save the effort of manually posting each video.
- Through scheduling, you ensure that your audience knows what each video is about.
- FeedHive simplifies the process of organizing and maintaining your YouTube shorts.
Other Platforms Supported: Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Google My Business
Pricing: Starts from $19 per month
|See how RecurPost outshines the most popular social media management tools for YouTube shorts as the best free HootSuite alternative and Later alternatives.|
Simplified’s YouTube Shorts Scheduler allows users to promote their business on YouTube by creating and scheduling short videos. Below are its features:
- Users can customize content, upload images, write descriptions, and schedule auto-posts to YouTube in just a few minutes.
- The scheduler offers the convenience of direct publishing to social media platforms from both desktop and mobile devices.
- Simplified’s YouTube Shorts Scheduler enables users to manage multiple accounts and clients simultaneously, making it easier to scale marketing efforts.
- The Social Calendar feature in Simplified allows users to plan and organize their social media posts effectively.
- Simplified’s AI Copywriter generates attention-grabbing content, including quotes, blurbs, and hashtags, in a matter of seconds.
- The AI-generated content helps users stand out, increase clicks, and gain more followers on social media.
- Simplified’s AI Copywriter also suggests popular hashtags that can expand the reach and target a broader audience.
Other Platforms Supported: Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Google My Business
Pricing: Starts from $30 per month
OneUp is a social media scheduling tool that supports various platforms, including YouTube. It allows you to schedule both YouTube Shorts and regular videos. Its major features are:
- You can upload your video, add title, description, thumbnail, and specify if it’s a regular video or a Short.
- OneUp allows you to add a thumbnail for both regular YouTube videos and Shorts, which is not possible directly through the YouTube app or YouTube Studio app.
- You can schedule your YouTube video or save it as a draft.
- OneUp also supports Reels and TikTok, so you can schedule a video to be posted on YouTube Shorts, Instagram Reels, and TikTok simultaneously.
- With OneUp, you can automate the posting process, eliminating the need for manual posting on multiple social networks.
Other Platforms Supported: Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Google My Business
Pricing: Starts from $36 per month
8. Sprout Social
Sprout Social provides the capability to publish video posts to YouTube, allowing brands to establish stronger connections with their audiences and impact conversion rates. Below are its major features:
- Users can use the Compose feature in Sprout Social to draft, schedule, queue, or immediately publish videos to YouTube.
- Users can manage various YouTube video options, such as adding tags, selecting the video’s privacy settings (public, private, or unlisted), and choosing a category and playlist for the video.
- Sprout Social supports uploading YouTube Shorts as well. To publish YouTube Shorts, users need to ensure the video is no longer than 60 seconds and has a square or vertical aspect ratio.
- Including the hashtag #shorts in the title or description is recommended for better discoverability.
- Metrics for YouTube Shorts, including view counts, are included in the analytics provided by Sprout Social.
Other Platforms Supported: Instagram, TikTok, Google My Business, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn
Pricing: Starts from $249 per month
You can get the below features while using Loomly to schedule YouTube shorts:
- Users can create chapters in their YouTube videos by adding timestamps and titles in the Video Description, allowing viewers to navigate easily.
- Once a video is successfully published on YouTube through Loomly, users can access it via a link in the Post View.
- In the fine-tuning steps, users can optimize the video with a title, tags, and a custom video thumbnail for full videos.
- Users can create chapters in their YouTube videos by adding timestamps and titles in the Video Description, allowing viewers to navigate easily.
- Each calendar in Loomly can be connected to one YouTube account per social media platform.
Other Platforms Supported: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Google My Business, TikTok, Snapchat
Pricing: Starts from $35 per month
10. Social Pilot
SocialPilot offers the ability to schedule videos on YouTube, including regular videos and YouTube Shorts, directly from its integrated dashboard. Below are the features that it offers:
- SocialPilot can identify whether a video should be published as a regular video or a YouTube Shorts based on the uploaded file.
- YouTube Shorts must be vertically oriented and have a duration of less than 60 seconds. When a video meets these criteria, SocialPilot will publish it as a Shorts.
- To schedule videos on SocialPilot, users can go to “Create Post,” switch to the “YouTube” tab, upload the video, select a thumbnail image, enter a title and description, set privacy status, choose a content category, and specify license rights and ownership.
- Users can add tags to improve video discoverability and customize settings such as allowing embedding, notifying subscribers, and marking videos as “made for kids.”
- Privacy settings for videos include public, private, and unlisted options, while license rights and ownership options include the standard YouTube license and Creative Commons.
Other Platforms Supported: Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Google My Business, Twitter, Pinterest
Pricing: Starts from $30 per month
Using Statusbrew’s YouTube shorts scheduler, you can get the below features:
- The scheduling feature allows selecting the desired date and time for video publication.
- Internal features like tags, watchers, and custom approvals can enhance publishing workflows in Statusbrew.
- For scheduling YouTube videos on a mobile device, users can use the YouTube app, tap the create icon, upload the video, add video details, set visibility and schedule, select the audience, and upload the video.
- Scheduling YouTube Shorts in Statusbrew follows the same procedure as a YouTube video, with the addition of adding “#Shorts” at the end of the video description and ensuring the video length is less than 60 seconds.
- Users can select the license rights & ownership and configure the audience options for the video.
- YouTube video tags, video categories, video privacy, and playlists can be added.
Other Platforms Supported: Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, LinkedIn, Twitter, Google My Business, Pinterest
Pricing: Starts from $69 per month
Knowing how to schedule YouTube Shorts effectively can significantly enhance your social media marketing strategy and boost your channel’s visibility and engagement. After verifying your YouTube account, you can successfully start scheduling shorts to grow your channel.
By utilizing these social media schedulers, you can save time, maintain a consistent posting schedule, and engage with your audience more efficiently. Additionally, you can analyze the performance of your YouTube Shorts through valuable metrics provided by some platforms like RecurPost, enabling you to optimize your content strategy for maximum impact.
Sign up for the free trial to experience the features of RecurPost firsthand and see how it can help change the game of your YouTube shorts management!
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can schedule shorts on YouTube both natively as well using third-party scheduling tools like RecurPost.
To schedule YouTube shorts on phone, you can use RecurPost. It enables you to schedule shorts on the go using the mobile app. You can also edit and modify your posts before they go live.
Typically, the most active hours are from 12 PM to 3 PM and then from 7 PM to 10 PM. It’s important to note that posting during weekends might result in less interaction due to many individuals being offline.
You can schedule YouTube shorts for free using the native platform itself. However, if you want to schedule shorts in bulk and utilize other automation features, you need to use a third-party scheduling tool like RecurPost.
Yes, you can schedule YouTube shorts on your desktop natively. Simply go to your YouTube account, click on the ‘Create’ button on the top-right, upload your video, and schedule it on your preferred timing from the ‘Visibility’ tab.
No, scheduling YouTube shorts doesn’t have any impact on the views that you get on your videos.
Yes. In order to earn from your YouTube shorts, you need to gain 1,000 subscribers and 10 million public Shorts views in the last 90 days, OR 1,000 subscribers and 4,000 public watch hours on your long-form videos.
If your goal is to increase your account’s growth rapidly, posting multiple times a day could be a viable strategy. However, if your objective is to cultivate a dedicated and engaged audience through valuable content, prioritizing consistency over quantity becomes crucial.
Within the realm of YouTube, you possess the ability to arrange the timing for the release of your videos, whether it be as early as one week prior or as little as a few hours beforehand. You can use RecurPost if you wish to plan your shorts months in advance.
The number of views on a YouTube video remains unaffected by scheduling. The act of scheduling merely serves as a method to control the specific date and time of publication for your videos.
Amaiya Rathi is a Senior Content Writer at RecurPost. She helps RecurPost communicate with their readers in their own language. Whether it is the web copy, social media posts or blogs, Amaiya has worked on all aspects of copywriting. You can reach out to her at [email protected].