Facebook is a mega social media platform with a billion-dollar user base. Yeah, when we say billion-dollar, we mean the crazy advertisement revenues that it generates for brands. Coming to ads, have you ever fallen across a video and wanted to download it but don’t know how to download a Facebook video? If yes, we will help you know.
Video sharing ability is probably one of the greatest reasons why people keep coming back to Facebook. It would be useful to know how to download Facebook videos. However, the app does not really want you to be able to do that. Also, think about how you can help yourself win the marketing game by using a social media scheduler. If you make proper use of that, you can overcome multiple time management hurdles.
Facebook does give you the option to save videos in the application itself, meaning you can save a collection of videos in the Facebook portal. But, if you want to share video content offline with your friends or family, this scenario is not ideal and you will need other ways. This blog will guide you through ways to download Facebook videos in different settings. You should keep in mind that brands will not be okay with you downloading and sharing their copyrighted videos. Also, know that you can always schedule Facebook posts to make your job easier.
Your Guide on How to Download a Facebook Video:
How to Download Private Facebook Videos
What we mean by Private Facebook videos is that these videos cannot be viewed or accessed by everyone on the app. A user can choose the Facebook post ideas privacy as private and restrict most people from accessing it. If you want to know how to download private Facebook videos manually, here is your guide:
- Firstly, open your Facebook profile and look for the video that you would like to download
- Now, right-click on the video and hit the “show video URL” option. Then copy the video link and paste it into the new browser.
- Once the link is pasted, you will have to change the “www” in the link to “m” and then hit enter. Now, you have to play the video and right-click anywhere on the surface of it. Then select inspect from the menu
- The new panel will show up from where you will have to choose the network option. Next, click “Media” to get a file. Then right-click on the file and choose the option saying “open in new tab”
- After you are shown to a separate tab, look for the download button, and select it to begin the downloading process of saving a private Facebook video.
How to Download Facebook Videos on Android
If you are using an Android device and want to download Facebook videos, you can use a free service like https://catch.tube/. Also, if you are an active member of a Facebook group and are looking to leave it, you can learn how to delete a Facebook group. Here are the steps you need to follow if you want to know how to download Facebook videos on Android:
- The very first step will involve going to the video and copying the video link.
- After getting the link, you need to open your web browser
- Visit the site https://catch.tube/ since you are going to be using their free service to download the video.
- Enter the video link or URL in the empty box beside the red button that says Catch video.
- Now, scroll down and look for a red button that says “show media list” and select it
- Choose the video version that you would want to download
- Wait till the device downloads the video
- Once the download process is complete, you will see a download indicator at the status bar saying the download is complete.
How to Download Facebook Videos on iPhone
Are you a part of a Facebook group and came across a video posted by one of the members that you want to save on your iPhone? You can follow these steps to know how to download Facebook videos on your iPhone. Also, learn how to change Facebook Group name if you are looking for a new one.
- You will first have to copy the video link of the video that you wish to download.
- Next, go to the apple app store and get Browser and File Manager for Documents.
- Once you launch the app downloaded by you, there will be an address bar at the top. Over there type in pickvideo.net and visit the website
- After you land on the website, select the Facebook icon
- Now paste the Facebook video link and hit the download button
- After the file download is complete, switch to the Files tab select the three dots next to the video file
- Now, choose “Open in”, and select the “Save video” option to download the video
How to Download Facebook Live Video
Live videos are a stellar addition to Facebook’s feature bouquet. If they aren’t already a part of your video marketing strategy, add them now! Here is how to download Facebook live videos that you have already released from your own profile:
- Go to your Facebook profile and navigate to “videos”. Click on the video that you want to download
- Select the three dots in the upper right corner and press “download”
- That’s it! Your video will now be saved. It is super easy.
How to Download Someone Else’s Facebook Live Video
It is not possible to download someone else’s live video directly from the post. However, there are some external tools that will let you do it quickly. Here are the top recommendations for tools that you can use:
- Getfvid video downloader
- Cisdem video converter for Mac
- Facebook video downloader for Windows
- Fbdown.net online downloader for iOS
- FastVid: Video Downloader for Facebook (Android)
How to Download Video From Facebook to Computer/PC
If you want to download a video from Facebook to your computer, here are the steps you can follow:
- Once you are sure of the video that you want to download, right-click on it and choose “Show video URL”
- A small window will appear that will show the video’s URL. Copy the link and paste it into a new tab on your browser.
- Now, you will have to change the www part in the address bar to mbasic. Then, press on Enter.
- The screen that will appear then will look like the basic mobile interface. It might seem confusing at first, but the mobile interface will let you download your video.
- Now, right-click on the video you want to download and select “open link in new tab”
- When the new tab opens up, right-click on the video again and select “Save video as” from the menu. Choose the location where you want to save the video and choose “Save”.
How to Download Video From Messenger
Saving or downloading a video from Facebook Messenger is a very easy task. For doing that, you will have to follow these steps:
- Go to your mobile Facebook Messenger app
- You can scroll through your conversations and open the one from which you would want to save the video
- Press and hold on the video file while it is in its preview mode. After holding for a few seconds, select the “save” option when it appears on the screen.
- In order to access the saved video, exit the app, go to your phone’s gallery, and check it out for editing or cropping.
However, downloading videos without permission may infringe on copyright laws. To schedule Facebook group posts, you can use the built-in scheduling feature within the group. When creating a post, click on the clock icon and set the desired date and time for your post to be published. This way, you can conveniently plan and automate your content in Facebook groups.
RecurPost supports platforms beyond Facebook
RecurPost helps you extend your post’s reach by sharing it on multiple platforms in just a few clicks. You can schedule Instagram posts on personal and business profiles to share stories, images, and reels. RecurPost allows you to schedule tweets on your Twitter account to reach out to people connected to your business.
It enables you to schedule LinkedIn posts on your personal and business pages to repurpose. You can schedule pins with the help of a Pinterest scheduler to attract visual media lovers to visit your site. A great way to attract local buyers is to schedule Google Business profile posts with a call to action button. RecurPost is among a few social media tools that allow posting on Google Business profiles and personal profiles of various platforms.
This was your comprehensive guide on downloading a Facebook video with the latest Facebook updates in different settings. And if you know how to make a post shareable on Facebook or how does Pinterest works for Business, you will win everything. We would just want one fact to stay with you while you download Facebook videos. You must know that you cannot just download any random video from Facebook. That could land you in deep copyright issues. It is important to respect the privacy of people whose videos you download. So, remember to ask for your friend’s permission before you choose to download that video you love.
Another important tip is to use a social media scheduling tool for the ones who want to upload Facebook videos regularly. A tool of this kind will eliminate repetitive tasks and save you hours and hours of work time. You can automate the whole process of scheduling and posting Facebook videos with a tool like RecurPost, which has a special feature of social media bulk scheduling. It is one of the best free hootsuite alternatives and crowdfire alternatives out there, providing the best quality features at a reasonable price point.
Frequently Asked Questions
The easiest way to extract a video from Facebook will entail these steps:
– Once you go to the video that you want to download, right-click on it and choose “Show video URL”
– A small window showing the video’s URL will appear on your screen. Copy that link and paste it into a new tab on your browser.
– Now, you must change the www part in the address bar to mbasic. Then, press on Enter.
– Now, right-click on the video you want to download and select “open link in new tab”
– When the new tab opens up, right-click on the video again and select “Save video as” from the menu. – – – Choose the location where you want to save the video and choose “Save”.
If you want to download a Facebook live video from a private group, you will have to follow these steps:
– Download Mozilla Firefox browser if you don’t have one
– Open Facebook in the browser and find the group from where you want the video.
– After you open the group, find the video that you want to download inside the group.
– Click on the Facebook video to open it in its unique URL.
– Change the “www” part to “m” and hit enter
– Click the video play button
– Now, right-click on the video and select “Save as”
– Voila! You can save the video as you like and edit it as you want
Yes, it is possible to download a video from Facebook as long as it is public. Windows, Android, and Mac users will simply need to copy and modify the link. iPhone users will have to use a third-party app.
Here is how you can copy and paste a video from Facebook:
– Once you login to Facebook and find the video you want to save, click on it to make it bigger
– Right-click on the enlarged video and choose “Show video URL” from the drop-down menu
– Highlight the whole URL and then choose control plus C
– Open a new tab and paste the copied URL into the address bar and then press Enter
Here is how you can download a private video from Facebook to your computer:
– Open your Facebook profile and look for the video that you would like to download
– Right-click on the video and hit the “show video URL” option. Then copy the video link and paste it into the new browser.
– After the link is pasted, you will have to change the “www” in the link to “m” and then hit enter. Now, you have to play the video and right-click anywhere on the surface of it. Then select inspect from the menu
– The new panel will show up from where you will have to choose the network option. Next, click “Media” to get a file. Then right-click on the file and choose the option saying “open in new tab”
– After you are shown to a separate tab, look for the download button, and select it to begin the downloading process of saving a private Facebook video.
To download a Facebook video, follow these steps;
– Copy the Video Link: Get the link of the Facebook video you want to download.
– Go to a Downloader Site: Visit a Facebook video downloader website.
– Paste the Link: Paste the video link on the downloader site.
– Choose Quality: Select the video quality you want.
– Download: Click the download button and save the video to your device. Remember to respect copyrights.
To save a Facebook videos:
– Copy Link: Copy the link of the Facebook video.
– Visit Downloader Site: Go to a video downloader website.
– Paste and Download: Paste the link, then download the video. Respect copyright rules.
Debbie Moran is a Digital marketing strategist with 5+ years of experience producing advertising for brands and helping leaders showcase their brand to the correct audience. She has been a part of RecurPost since 2019 and handles all the activities required to grow our brand’s online presence.