Pinterest was considered a go-to solution for anybody who wanted some quick recipe ideas or home decor ideas. But today, Pinterest extends so much beyond that. It has become a vast pool of ideas pertaining to every other theme or category. You can create pins for decor, recipes, health and wellness, beauty, fashion, travel, and much more. Also, this blog will teach you how to delete pins on Pinterest once you create them and don’t want them later.
Sure you can create highly creative content on Pinterest but managing the same can be a cumbersome process. You can always use some help from a social media scheduler to ease your tasks. With a tool of this kind, you will be able to schedule pins and publish posts on Pinterest automatically without having to worry about analytics and engagement.
For any business that has visual aspects like photography or original graphics to it, Pinterest can be a goldmine in the form of a social media platform. As a matter of fact, most users are on the platform to find photos of new products and it is also true that Pinterest can be highly instrumental in driving traffic to your website. Learn how to create Pinterest images for that.
Creating pins and boards can be all fun and games until you want to get rid of them and get stuck on how to do it. Learning how to delete pins on Pinterest can help you eliminate any unwanted content in the future. This blog will be your guide to deleting pins.
Your guide on how to delete pins on Pinterest:
Reasons For Deleting Pins And Boards on Pinterest
One might think, why would I ever want to delete something that I posted willingly? And this is right because before you go forward with deleting stuff from your profile, you should think about the reasons why it is absolutely necessary and only then do it. Here are three possible reasons that make it very necessary for you to delete content:
- You have ended up pinning something that is offensive, controversial, or troublesome. You might want to get rid of the content that is against your community guidelines.
- An image posted by you has a very visible typo. This is a big no because it will immediately put off a viewer.
- A deal with an influencer has been exhausted or expired. You might not want to represent offers that are outdated because that can be disappointing for your audience. It can also create a negative image for your brand.
Also, learn how to post on Pinterest before you actually move on to deleting stuff. It will help you create pins that might go viral.
Difference Between Archiving Pins/Boards And Deleting Them
You have two options for removing content from your profile regarding how to delete pins on Pinterest. You can either archive them or delete them permanently from your profile.
Archiving Pinterest Pins will make them invisible to your audience, and you will not get notifications or recommendations for saved pins and boards. Plus point, if you change your mind later, you can always unarchive them, and they will be back on your profile like before.
On the other hand, deleting pins or boards would literally mean getting rid of them for good. Once you delete a piece of content, you will never be able to retrieve it. So, choose wisely and only if you are very sure of doing it, especially when using Pinterest for business marketing.
How to Delete Multiple Pins on Pinterest
Sometimes you might want to go on a complete cleaning spree or revamp your whole profile. In this case, deleting pins in bulk will help. Here is how to delete multiple pins on Pinterest:
- Choose “Boards”
- Pick the board that consists of the pins that are to be deleted
- Tap on the Filter icon from the top right corner
- Choose “Select Pins to Move or Delete“
- Now, choose the pins that are to be deleted ( a red outline will appear around selected pins)
- Select the red “Delete” button from the top of the board
- Then confirm by choosing “Delete“
How to Delete Pins on Pinterest App
You can also manage your Pinterest account from your mobile app. This will include the move, copy, delete, and archive features.
Here is how to delete pins on the Pinterest app:
- Open the Pinterest app on your mobile and go to your profile page.
- Choose the Board that consists of the Pins to be deleted
- Now, choose “Select” from the top right corner
- Pick all the pins to be deleted ( a black outline will appear around selected Pins)
- Select the trash can icon later
- Confirm your choice by choosing Delete
How to Delete Boards on Pinterest
If you want to delete an entire board or multiple boards on Pinterest, here is how to delete boards on Pinterest from the desktop:
- Open the Pinterest app and go to your profile page
- Pick the Board that you want to be deleted
- Choose the Edit (pencil icon) on the far left
- Now select the grey “Delete” button
- Confirm by choosing “Delete Forever“
How to Recover Deleted Pins From Pinterest
Did you know that social media scheduling tools can lift up a heavy weight off your shoulders when it comes to how does pinterest work in marketing? You can bulk schedule pins with social media bulk scheduling and also get awesome analytics reports to measure your success.
Here is how to recover deleted pins from Pinterest:
- Open your email inbox and look for the link by searching the board’s name.
- Then, open the link you have found, and you will be told that the board has been deleted. All you have to do is click on the Restore button.
- After doing this, your deleted board will appear in the “Owned by me” section on the dashboard.
How to Remove Saved Pins From Pinterest
In learning how to delete pins from Pinterest, you can know how to remove saved pins from Pinterest. If you want to know how to remove a saved pin, here are the steps to follow:
- Go to Pinterest.com in your web browser or open the Pinterest app on your mobile device and sign in to your account if necessary.
- Then go to the pin page for the pin that you want to delete.
- Choose the pencil icon from the top-left corner of the pin page.
- Now choose Delete.
- Note that once you delete a pin, it cannot be restored. Be sure of your decision before you do it.
- Choose Delete Pin (web) or Delete (app) to confirm your choice.
How to Delete Pins on RecurPost
Once you have scheduled all your pins or made a board with RecurPost, you will still have the option of deleting them. You do not have to worry about anything being permanent just because it is scheduled on the app. Here is how you can delete your pins after scheduling them:
- Login to your RecurPost profile and go to the dashboard.
- Next, you will see the panel on the left-hand side which will show all your social accounts.
- From that, choose your Pinterest account and you will see all your scheduled posts in the queue.
- On the scheduled post that you want to delete, you will see an icon that represents Delete. Click on it.
- A window will pop-up asking for your confirmation, confirm by clicking “Yes, remove it.” And your post will be removed from the queue.
This was your comprehensive guide on how to delete pins on Pinterest and how to delete boards on Pinterest. Knowing about how to use Clubhouse or deleting pins or boards on Pinterest can be helpful for you when you want to remove unwanted or controversial content in the future. Not everything should be on your page and when you realize that, you should know how to eliminate it from your profile to maintain your brand’s image.
Also, if you are into Pinterest business marketing, you should use a social media scheduling tool like RecurPost to carry out the myriad of tasks involved in the social media marketing process. With this tool, you can schedule tweets, schedule Instagram posts, schedule Facebook posts, and scheduling pins all at once. Its smart AI-backed system will also let you post at the best times to maximize engagement on your posts. Considering the number of features rendered by RecurPost with respect to its price point, it is one of the best free Hootsuite alternatives and Everypost Alternatives in the market.
Frequently Asked Question
Here is how you can delete a pin on Pinterest:
– Choose “Boards”
– Pick the board that consists of the pins that are to be deleted
– Tap on the Filter icon from the top right corner
– Choose “Select Pins to Move or Delete“
– Now, choose the pins that are to be deleted ( a red outline will appear around selected pins)
– Select the red “Delete” button from the top of the board
– Then confirm by choosing “Delete”
– Open Pinterest on your device.
– Choose your profile picture from the bottom menu.
– Click on the board that you want to delete all the pins from.
– Go to “Organize.”
– Then navigate to the “Select All” button.
– Choose the trashcan icon from the bottom-right corner of the screen.
– Select “Delete.”
To remove idea suggestions on Pinterest, go to your settings and turn off the option that says “picked for you”. Once you do this, you will no longer see unsolicited suggestions in the home feed of your profile.
Pinterest boards are where you can collect, save, and organize all your pins. New boards can be created from your profile or when you create a new pin.
Here is how you can unfollow a board on Pinterest:
– Open Pinterest app.
– Choose your profile icon.
– Select Following.
– Then pick Boards.
– Click on Unfollow below a board.
Debbie Moran is a Digital marketing strategist with 5+ years of experience producing advertising for brands and helping leaders showcase their brand to the correct audience. She has been a part of RecurPost since 2019 and handles all the activities required to grow our brand’s online presence.