Instagram has been catching enormous attention for some time now. After Tik Tok’s perpetual success, Instagram introduced a similar feature that soon got spread like fire. Yes, that is right. No matter how young or old are you, once you must have questioned how to add music to Instagram story? Guess what? We are here to offer you the answers for the same today.
One of Instagram’s recent and popular features is that it offers users the opportunity to add music directly to their Instagram stories. As a result, the favorite platform of numerous influencers provides the chance to select tunes from Instagram’s lengthy selection of songs.
Long gone are the days when people used to put a picture on Instagram and call it complete. The platform is a lot more today. It is getting celebrated as it can import songs from other music streaming services, like Spotify, along with avant-garde editing features. In case for a long time, you have been shying from asking your friends about how to add music to Instagram posts, how to add your music to the Instagram story, how to add music to Instagram video, or how to add music to the Instagram story without a sticker. Guess what? We are here with an answer!
Before we move ahead with the blog, let us go through the table of content for your better understanding!
Table of Content for How To Add Music To Instagram Story
- What Is The Role Of Instagram Stories For Bloggers & Businesses?
- Which Is The Right Way To Make An Instagram Account Unique?
- How To Add Song To Instagram Story From Android Or iPhone?
- Is It Possible To Make Music Longer On Instagram Story?
- How To Share Spotify Song On Instagram Story?
- What Are Ways To Add Music To Instagram Posts?
- How To Add Your Own Music To Instagram Story?
- What To Do To Add Music To Instagram Story Without Sticker?
- How to add music to Instagram story in your business account?
- How To Add Music To Instagram Reels?
What Is The Role Of Instagram Stories For Bloggers & Businesses?
You won’t disagree with us when we state that Instagram is perpetually growing. But, today, it is no more a social media platform that solely updates us about our friends, relatives, and acquaintances. Instead, Instagram is helping small businesses grow and offering influencers the opportunity to showcase their talent while monetizing the same.
Yes, whether you are a budding influencer or a small business owner, you can effectively utilize the Instagram story and reels option for enhancing your sales. All you got to do is post content; you can even opt for a social media scheduling tool or social media scheduler if you have enough on your plate. The moment you start utilizing a tool to schedule Instagram posts regularly, you will see for yourself how the content and regular posting starts driving traffic towards your business.
According to speculated data, around 1 out of every 3 Instagram users got a product after watching it on Instagram stories. So you know it is becoming one of the biggest reasons small businesses are getting their hands-on social media scheduling tool or social media scheduler such as RecurPost. A platform such as RecurPost is helping them stay ahead in the Instagram race.
Which Is The Right Way To Make An Instagram Account Unique?
Undeniably, long gone are the days when people used to focus on their business website to generate leads solely. Today, the world is Instagram-friendly. As a result, small businesses owners have clearly understood that if they run a retail or eCommerce business, they can effectively direct the followers to purchase their products via DM or direct them to their official website.
But you know the tricky part lies where they have to stand out of the crowd. It is where RecurPost kicks in to help you. RecurPost is a social media scheduling tool that will post your content, keeping the best & worst time to post on Instagram. You won’t disagree that the moment Instagram rolled out this shopping feature for Stories, aiming to broaden its e-commerce push- being a business owner, you wanted to utilize it to the maximum potential.
But if you get lost in the middle of maintaining balance, you must acquire RecurPost services. From Instagram bio ideas to the Instagram post size guide, it will help you with all. In addition, RecurPost will help you aim to broaden your e-commerce push. The social media scheduler is the appropriate platform to make your Instagram business account look avant-garde.
By inputting effective and eye-candy CTA’s (calls to action) in Instagram stories and posts, we will help you stand out from the crowd. Adding music to the stories and reels is one of the most modern features of Instagram, and RecurPost will help you ace it. Now let us move on to understand how to add song to Instagram story.
How To Add Song To Instagram Story From Android Or iPhone?
How to add music to an Instagram story is one of the most searched questions currently on Google, and we are here to help you understand the same. So, without any further ado, let us go through adding music directly from Instagram. Whether you have an iPhone or Android, the process of inputting music will remain the same unless your application is updated. Below mentioned are the steps you must follow to add music.
- Click on your Instagram account, open the “me” page. Then, tap the “+” sign you see near your profile picture to add a story.
- Move to either clicking a picture or picking the old ones from your gallery which you want to see as a story.
- After selecting a video or an image, tap the sticker icon on the top of your screen.
- Move to the “MUSIC” sticker.
- Now search for the song you want your story to showcase. Once you get done finding it, tap on it.
- Now from any song, you can choose the paragraph of your choice. You have to move the slider bar to decide which part you want to get played. You must know that it can play solely for 15 seconds.
- You can even change the album icon or replace it with the lyrics simply by tapping on the thumbnail.
- Once you choose the album icon or lyrics, tap on “done.”
- You can move the album icon anywhere on the screen; you can even increase or decrease its size simply by stretching the thumbnail according to your need.
- In the end, click on “your story” at the bottom left corner to post it on your Instagram. If you don’t want all your followers to see it, you can click on the “close friends” option.
We hope now you got your answer to how to add music to Instagram story. Let us now move ahead to understand a little more.
Is It Possible To Make Music Longer On Instagram Story?
There is nothing much you have to do to understand how to make music longer on Instagram story. Just follow the below stated points.
- Start with tapping on the Instagram application.
- Create a new Instagram story now.
- Click on the sticker icon at the top of the screen.
- Pick a song of your choice.
- If it is a picture, just input a song, and your picture store will expand to 15 seconds from 5 seconds.
- But if you want your 60 videos to extend longer, start by uploading and stringing multiple video clips together.
How To Share Spotify Song On Instagram Story?
So, now moving to the next question that has kept you intrigued over time- how to add music to Instagram story via Spotify! Follow the below-mentioned steps, and you will ultimately learn it.
- Start with opening the Spotify application, open the song you want to share. Now, you will see three dots in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
- The moment you click on the three dots, you will see some options on your screen. Click on “share.”
- Now from the list of sharing options you see, click on “Instagram stories.”
- It will automatically take you to the Instagram application, populate the song icon, and link in a new story post.
- Now it is upto you if you wish to make adjustments to your story. For example, you can add text or stickers before posting it.
- As soon as you get done editing your post, tap “Send to” at the bottom of the screen.
- Like always, you can opt to share it with close friends or all.
- That’s how it gets done!
Now that you know how to add music to Instagram story via Spotify- let us move to unearth more!
What Are Ways To Add Music To Instagram Posts?
This part of our blog is something that numerous people have been unaware of till now. But, of course, you have precisely understood how to add music to an Instagram story. But what about the post? Ever thought about how you could add music to an Instagram post. Suppose you have failed to find the apt answer for the same. Then, this particular section of our blog will be a guide for you.
There is no denying that, unlike Instagram stories, the application does not offer the feature to add music to video posts. But there are numerous ways to work this around. The easiest and most convenient way is to utilize any of the multiple third-party applications available in the market. The available applications in the market will add soundtracks of your choice to the videos.
Almost all smartphones today have an in-built application that will help you edit a video. For example, on iPhone, you get an in-built application named “iMovie.” A third-party application like GoPro Quick iMovie will offer the opportunity to input the latest audios of your choice. Once you input audio, you can download the video and post it on your Insta feed.
How To Add Your Own Music To Instagram Story?
Apart from how to add music to the Instagram story, the other question that numerous GenZs and millennials are searching an answer for is how to add your own music to the Instagram story. The following steps will help you unearth the answer.
- Start by downloading your song to your smartphone first. Then while you are making a video, you can play the music on your phone through a music application.
- Secondly, you can utilize an application to add your song. Yes, that is right. Numerous applications overlay songs on top of videos for you to upload to Instagram stories.
- One more method of doing it is by creating a video on an editor. These editors are the best when it comes to offering you the ultimate benefit of customizing and creating a high-quality video.
What To Do To Add Music To Instagram Story Without Sticker?
Undeniably, some people wish not to use any song stickers on their stories, and we are here to teach you easy workarounds for that. Let us start!
- Initiate the entire process by creating a story in the Instagram application. Whether you want to upload a video or an image, the process will work for both. The moment you select a picture or a video, you will see the preview screen.
- On the preview screen, you can finalize the look and feel of the story. Click on the “sticker” option in the top right corner, and you will get to numerous possibilities.
- You can add hashtags, edit captions, apply filters, and place stickers.
- The moment you click on the “music” option, you can search for the song of your choice.
- As soon as you finalize a song music sticker will appear on your screen.
- Now numerous of you may wish to remove that music sticker as you want your story to appear avant-garde, and there is nothing wrong with it. So, select the normal music sticker.
- Pinch the music sticker towards the inside. It will decrease its size and drag it either to the top or the bottom of the screen.
- Here comes the magic; now, you will hear the music on your story but won’t see any stickers!
How to add music to Instagram story in your business account?
We have seen numerous people face an issue when creating stories from their Instagram business accounts. The main problem that occurs is- they don’t see many music options. If you are one of them, this blog section will help you get better at it. There are two methods for the same.
You can utilize original music from other accounts that uploaded the song you want to use. Here is a tip- search for song titles that include words such as “original music.” These are often songs that you, your team, or your followers love but get uploaded by an individual.
You can edit your business profile and change its category to ‘Entrepreneur.’ It will automatically unlock all music options for you. If you are concerned about people taking a glance at the class, you can easily hide it, and no one will see it. Follow the below-mentioned steps-
- Open your Instagram application.
- Secondly had to the “your profile” section.
- Choose to click “edit” profile.
- Now try to look for your category section; search for the entrepreneur category without any further ado.
- Select the entrepreneur category and click done.
- It is time you click on the profile display and turn off the toggle next to the Display category label.
- Yes, it is done. All you got to do now is done and then click done again!
A little piece of advice, you may have to restart your application, but the moment you do it, you get access to popular music.
How To Add Music To Instagram Reels?
There is no denying that Reels are a lot like Tik Tok; people are fully exploiting this platform to make the best out of it. By now, you must have seen numerous people performing lip-sync content.
As a result, reels are getting enormous people a good amount of business along with popularity. So, if you are interested in understanding how to add music to Instagram reels, follow the steps.
- Start by opening the Instagram application.
- Secondly, click the + icon at the bottom center of the screen.
- Select the “reels” option.
- Now choose between making a reel right away or using an old video from your gallery.
- Now without a second thought, press adds at the top-right of the screen.
- Continue this process to add as many clips as per your choice (up to 15 seconds.)
- Then comes adding music to it, so press the music icon at the left-center of the screen.
- Search around the song you want to utilize for your Reel. Then, pick the paragraph you like the most for your Reel.
- Finalize it by tapping the white arrow at the bottom of the screen. Now press share.
- You get the choice to share your Reel, and you can either select to post the Reel to your Feed or your Stories.
Wrapping It Up!
In the end, it is safe to say that for Instagram’s content, you can add the song of your choice to your video within the app. All you needed was an angel in disguise who could have helped you in being creative. As a result, Instagram as a platform is acquiring a considerable amount of attention.
If you are looking for a platform to help you stay consistent and creative on the application, you must connect with RecurPost. Being a social media scheduling tool, it would not simply schedule Instagram posts. It will also brief you on the best & worst time to post on Instagram, Instagram post size guide, Instagram bio ideas. If you wish to know more about RecurPost pricing, connect via the website. Also, we hope now you have your answers for how to add music to Instagram story! Happy Posting, people!
1. How to add music to Instagram posts?
- Open Instagram and go to your story.
- You can do it by tapping on the + icon near the profile picture in the upper-left corner of your screen.
- Now decide to take an account, no matter if it’s a video or photo.
- Click on the sticker icon at the top of your screen.
- Pick the “music” sticker.
- Search the song you want to input and tap on it.
- Move the slider bar to ensure which part of the song gets clicked.
- If you wish to change the album icon, tap on the thumbnail.
- Click on “done.”
- It will also give you the chance to move the icon/lyric anywhere across the screen.
- You are all set; all you got to do is click on “your story.”
2. How to hide the song icon from the story?
It is simple, follow the below stated points.
- The entire process of adding music to the story stays as stated above.
- The moment you choose the sticker, ensure that before posting, you move the music sticker to the right or left until it gets solely eliminated.
- Like this, you will be able to position music stickers off the screen. But Instagram will still recognize it and play.
3. How to save music from other reels?
By now, you have 0 music in your “saved” folder; we will help you change it.
- Go to the explore page and any reel of your choice.
- Now tap on the audio file at the bottom of the screen.
- The particular audio page will open, and you can save it to your folder by tapping on the save icon in the top right corner.
- Later you can pick any song from the saved ones to make a reel.
4. How Instagram Music Works?
Instagram music got introduced with the sole concept of offering the users a way to express how they are feeling via music. It has a library of thousands of songs- you can search for a song of your choice. The best part is Instagram even offers you the option from a third-party application such as Spotify on your Instagram story. Once you get done with it, you can put your favorite paragraph, and your followers will get to hear the same when they see your account!
5. How to save music from other’s Instagram reels?
- Start by playing the reels whose audio you like or want to use in the future.
- You will see the audio’s name at the top of that reel; click on that audio name.
- Once you click it, the audio page will appear.
- As soon as you get done with it, you will see icons for saving and sharing in the top-right corner.
- If you want to utilize it immediately, tap on “use audio” given below.
- Now tap on the three dots at the bottom right corner to share or save the particular by clicking on “save” or “share.”
6. How to hide the song icon from the Instagram story?
- Open the Instagram application, press your story icon, you will get to see an + icon near your profile picture in the “me” section.
- Upload your story by swiping up to access your camera roll or gallery or shoot it with the story camera.
- Now press the sticker button at the top of the screen or swipe up.
- You will get to see the music sticker.
- Type the song you want or browse via the search bar.
- Click the song to add it to your story.
- Select done at the top-right corner of the page.
- Make the sticker as small as possible by pinching it inwards.
- Now get the sticker removed in the top-right or top-left corner of your screen.
- Select done and click on “share story.”
- In the end, you will get to hear the song in your story but won’t see the sticker on the screen.
7. How do I get reels on Instagram?
If you have an Instagram account and can still not see the reels option, follow the below-mentioned points.
- Check if your Instagram application is updated or not. Update in case there is any update available on the play store or app store.
- Instagram reels are currently available only in 50 countries. So, before you try to utilize the reels, check if the feature is available in your country or not.
- Also, remember if your Instagram is updated and still not working. Click on your phone settings and go into the Instagram application, now clear the cache.
Debbie Moran is a Digital marketing strategist with 5+ years of experience producing advertising for brands and helping leaders showcase their brand to the correct audience. She has been a part of RecurPost since 2019 and handles all the activities required to grow our brand’s online presence.