Would you like to know how to add multiple photos to your Instagram story yet aren’t acquainted with it or don’t have the foggiest idea how? Could it be said that you are contemplating whether there are additional choices to add photos to IG stories?
You must be some labels or some small business runners who want to engage “n” numbers of audience or wanted to stand out amongst the crowd, But you only think Instagram’s feed is the only way! But unfortunately, you are wrong!
Instagram and its creators have come a long way since the app launched in 2010. The platform used to be similar to Facebook, as another way to keep each other up-to-date by sharing #ThrowbackThursday pictures and our (at the time) not-so-Instagram-worthy lunches.
All you have to do is post content; if you already have a lot on your plate, you can use a social media scheduler. You can use social media scheduling tools such as RecurPost to automate your social media postings. When you start using a tool to schedule Instagram posts on a regular basis, you will notice how the content and regular posting begin to drive traffic to your business.
By the end of 2016, Instagram launched its new feature named “Stories,” which has quickly grown to more than 500 million daily active users, meaning at least half of Instagram’s overall user base creates or views stories every single day. The capacity to publish photographs or videos that can only be viewed for 24 hours before disappearing forever is at the heart of Instagram Stories.
Make your Instagram stories a fun affair!
You can create and schedule interesting Instagram stories with RecurPost.
Furthermore, instead of forcing users to choose the best photo for their story or regular feed post, Instagram has also allowed them to share a post with multiple photos, so they can tell their story in the best way possible.
But you must be wondering, like, how to add multiple photos to Instagram story?
Well, don’t be in such a dilemma, Let’s review how to add multiple photos to Instagram story or Instagram post or make Instagram reels, as well as how to add images or videos to an existing Instagram Story and a few other tips and tricks.
Before we move further, let’s have look at what does this blog consist of? And you’ll learn all about the different ways to visually appeal to your audience without doing a one-click photo and done. Instead, you’ll tap into your inner creativity to stand out.
Table of Contents
- #1: How to add multiple photos to one Instagram story on an iPhone?
- #2: How to add multiple photos to one Instagram story on Android?
- #3: How to Add Multiple Photos to a Single Instagram Story on a PC?
- #4: How to make the layout in the Instagram story?
- #5: How to share uncropped photos on Instagram?
- #6: How to put multiple pictures in one single Instagram story with music?
How to add multiple photos to one Instagram story in iPhone?
While your posts are meant to draw new people in, the Stories are how you keep them intrigued and coming back for more with regular updates and bite-sized content. And the best part about Instagram Stories? Unless you save them as a highlight, they disappear in 24 hours, making Stories the perfect place to experiment and explore new creative ideas.
So why not take your aesthetics up a notch and check out one new thing? Like….. How to add multiple photos to Instagram story, create a collage, or use many slides to form a story, or how to add music to instagram story, etc.
There are many ways that tell you how to add multiple photos to Instagram story with creativity. Below are the easy steps on how to add multiple photos in a Story using iPhone.
Steps to create background to add multiple images to Instagram Stories:
- Open the app on your iPhone.
- Tap on the “Your Story” sticker in the upper-left corner of the screen or swipe the screen to the right side.
- Take a random picture.
- Tap on the drawing icon (wriggly line) in the upper-right corner of your screen. It’s the second icon from the left.
- Pick a color for your background from the color palette at the bottom of the screen.
- Press the screen until the entire background is colored in the shade you chose.
- Select “Done” in the upper-right corner.
Now that you have your background, it’s time to add multiple photos to your Instagram Story. To see how it’s done on an iPhone, follow the steps below.
Here are the steps to follow while creating Instagram story in iPhone:
- Go to the “Sticker” icon on the top menu.
- Locate the “Photo” feature on the pop-up menu. The last photo from your gallery will be displayed.
- Find the picture you want to add and tap on it.
- Use your fingers to adjust its size and position.
- Tap on the photo to change its shape. You can choose between a circle, star, square, rectangle, and heart.
- Return to the “Sticker” icon and tap on the “Photo” tool.
- Pick another photo and upload it.
- Repeat the same steps for every photo you add.
- When you’re done, tap on the “Your Story” bubble in the bottom-left corner of your screen.
You can technically add as many pictures as you want. Just be sure to position them in a way that makes them all visible.
How to add multiple photos to one Instagram story in android?
This feature is also available on Android devices, though it was not available until recently. Android users had to use third-party apps to create collages or grids in order to add multiple photos to a single Instagram Story. However, with the photo feature, it is much easier.
Follow the steps below on how to add multiple photos to Instagram story in android:
1. Open Instagram on your Android device.
2. Go to “Your Story” in the upper-right corner of your screen.
3. Take a photo, upload one, or choose a color for your background.
4. Tap the “Sticker” icon at the top of your screen.
5. Go down and select the “Photo” tool.
6. Choose the photo you want to add to your Story.
7. Tap on it to change its shape.
8. Change its position by holding it and dragging it across the screen.
9. Pinch the photo to make it larger or smaller.
10. Repeat the same steps for any other photo you want to add.
11. When you’re done, tap on the “Your Story” bubble in the bottom-left corner of your screen.
Well, knowing all the steps won’t be enough to grow your business. Rather, you’ll need to know when the best time is to post on Instagram. This will definitely help your business grow drastically.
How to Add Multiple Photos to a Single Instagram Story on a PC?
Instagram does not support posting from a computer natively. However, there’s a workaround you’ll be able to use. It’d appear sophisticated initially, however as long as you follow the steps, it will become quite easy to add photos an IG story or how to change background color on instagram story.
Follow the steps below on how to add multiple photos to Instagram story:
1. In Chrome, click on the 3 dots within the upper-right corner of your screen.
2. Choose “More Tools” from the menu.
3. Select “Developer Tools” from the list of choices. The “Developer” window can seem on the correct facet of your screen.
4. Click on the mobile icon on the highest toolbar. It’s on the left facet of the “Elements” tab.
5. Choose the “Dimensions: Responsive” tab on the upper-left facet.
6. Choose a mobile interface you wish to use (for example, iPhone X).
7. Visit Instagram on your browser.
8. Click on “Your Story” within the upper-left corner.
9. Notice the image that you simply wish to post on your computer and choose “Open.”
10. Build any necessary changes to your Instagram Story.
11. Click on “Your Story” to post it.
By following these quite simple ways, you will get a clear idea on how to add multiple photos to Instagram stories on the PC?
How to make the layout in the Instagram story?
Suppose creating your layout feels a little intimidating, but you’re down to try multiple photos in one Instagram Story. Perhaps rearranging and tweaking isn’t your thing. But now you can add photos using the layout feature by following below mentioned steps:
1. Go to Instagram and log in.
2. Next to your profile image, click the blue “+” sign.
3. Click the Layout button (white grid). Select the Layout icon from the drop-down menu.
4. Select the desired layout format.
5. Select the square in the bottom left-hand corner to add photographs.
6. This will take you to your camera roll, where you must add photos one at a time.
7. We found the order in which photos are placed in the layout grid to be counterintuitive, so you might have to play around to get the order of photos that you want.
8. Select your profile picture in the bottom left-hand corner to post your Story.
How to share uncropped photos on Instagram?
A long time ago, when Instagram was all square, every photo was automatically cropped to fit the default ratio. Today, there are no longer any ratio restrictions. If you try to upload multiple images to Instagram with Instagram filters, all of them will be cropped to the ratio of the first one, which may or may not be what you want. Luckily, it’s easy to change.
Follow the below steps to know:
- Launch Instagram and start creating a new post.
- Select your first photo, by which all others will be measured.
- Individually, drag out the borders of the cropped photos to get them to the ratio you like.
- Choose Next to add all the extra information.
- Tap “Share” to post.
How to add multiple photos to Instagram story with music?
Aside from how to add multiple photos to an Instagram story, another topic that many individuals are looking for a solution to is how to add multiple photos to Instagram story with music. The framework presented above demonstrates how to make numerous Instagram stories, however, they cannot be seen as a single narrative. This strategy, however, is a little different. Along with that, you can get Instagram story ideas.
Steps to add multiple photos to Instagram stories with music:
- Open the Instagram app and tap on the Your Story option on the app’s home page.
- Tap the image option in the bottom-left corner of your phone’s screen.
- Choose the main image you want to use in your story.
- Now, swipe up the screen to open a variety of stickers and features that you can use to customize your story. Choose the multiple photo sticker that resembles this.
- Choose the photos you want to layer on top of your main image. You can only select one photo at a time, you must use the multiple photos feature repeatedly to add a new photo.
- You can change the size of the layered photos by holding them with two fingers and then expanding or contracting your fingers. If you want, you can add stickers, text, and effects to your photos.
- Later, select the music sticker and choose the song that you want to put in the story. Adjust the song according to your wishes.
- Finally, in the bottom-left corner, select the Your Story option.
With this, maybe you got the idea of how to add multiple photos to Instagram story with music. You can also use a social media scheduler to schedule all your posts across any social media handles.
Make your Instagram stories a fun affair!
You can create and schedule interesting Instagram stories with RecurPost.
You can add as many photos as you want to a single story. All of your photos can be customized in terms of shape, position, and size. Sharing multiple images on your Instagram stories or posts saves time while increasing engagement and creating a cohesive theme within your content. When you use RecurPost to publish content on your Instagram via Zapier can link the two applications and leverage data from one to generate content from the other. There are several ways to add multiple photos to Instagram story. This will not only help you save time by eliminating the need to post separate stories at once, but it will also allow you to be more creative with your photos. Did you like this RecurPost blog? Let us know what you think about these blogs on how to add multiple photos to Instagram story & know more about the best time to post on Instagram.
Frequently Asked Questions
In addition to all the information shared above, there are a few questions that tend to come up over and over again, and which we should clarify.
The current limit for an Instagram carousel is 10 photos.
Although you can add extra photos to an Instagram Story, you can’t do so with posts, since they are meant to be more permanent. Your only way out here is to delete the post and resubmit it again with the correct number of images.
Here’s the good news: Instagram Stories are completely manageable if you understand exactly what formats are available. Before you begin maneuvering, here are some terms you should know:
1) Normal: The first of two setting options for capturing a photo or video for a story. The normal setting allows the user to capture what they see in front of them exactly as they see it.
2) Boomerang: an Instagram-specific feature that allows users to capture a 1-second video clip that plays on a loop with a stop-go-motion effect.
3) Live: Live video streaming is all the rage. Instagram’s Live feature within stories lets users broadcast in seconds flat.
4) Hands-Free: The third setting that lets users take video without (you guessed it) holding down the record button.
Selecting multiple photos, creating a collage, or inserting additional photos as stickers allows you to add multiple photos to an Instagram Story. When you select multiple photos from your camera roll, each one will be uploaded as its own slide in your story.
Open Instagram Story. Select the photo you want to add, then select the photo sticker and add as many photos as you want. Reposition your photos by dragging them around. To make the photos smaller or larger, pinch or widen two fingers across the screen. To add photos to your Stories, tap Your Stories.
The multiple photo workflow described above might not yet be available everywhere in the world. So, depending on where you live, you might get it at a later date. Try keeping your Instagram app updated to the latest version and watch out for it.
Go to Instagram and open the story. Choose the photo you want to add, then choose the photo sticker and add as many photos as you want. Reposition your photographs by dragging them around. To make the photographs smaller or larger, pinch or widen two fingers across the screen. To upload your images to your Stories, tap Your Stories.
Debbie Moran is a Digital marketing strategist with 5+ years of experience producing advertising for brands and helping leaders showcase their brand to the correct audience. She has been a part of RecurPost since 2019 and handles all the activities required to grow our brand’s online presence.