By far, the most popular Instagram feature is Instagram stories. Starting with how to change background color on Instagram story, we’ll look at tips and methods to help you be more creative while creating tales.
Because the methods to modify the backdrop Instagram chooses based on the colors in your image aren’t apparent at first glance, most brands stick with the default background Instagram decides based on the colors in your photo. And, hey, the gradient default color can occasionally suffice as an Instagram story background. However, you might definitely benefit from a little more creative freedom most of the time! In fact, most brands have conversion rates of up to 86% on their Instagram stories.
If you’re running a multinational company, your marketing chores will almost certainly be complicated, and a social media scheduler will come in handy. Using social media tools such as RecurPost can only help you enhance interaction and create a unified theme throughout your material.
This blog post will show you how to alter the backdrop color of your Instagram story based on the impression you want to achieve!
Looking for a simple way to schedule Instagram posts ahead of time? Please visit here!
Table of Contents
- How to change background color on Instagram Story with picture?
- How to make a transparent background color?
- Change the background color without covering the photo/video?
- Change Your Instagram Story Background to a Solid Color.
- How to change background color on Instagrm story when sharing post?
- Creative ways to change color in IG stories
- How to change background color on Instagram story when reposting?
How to change the background color on Instagram Story with picture?
Instagram chooses a preset backdrop color based on the image when submitting an image to a story. However, you might not like the hue that’s been assigned to you.
On Instagram, however, there is a relatively simple way to change the background color. The options for change background color on Instagram story can be found in a bar at the top of the screen.
Follow the steps below to change the background color:
- Open the Stories tab, and snap on your display to choose a picture.
- Resize your picture and change its area.
- Click the three dots, and tap ‘draw.’ Select the pen tool.
- Pick the shade you need for the background.
- Press and hold the screen for a few seconds until the entire screen floods with shading. Then, at that point, click ‘done.’
- Tap on the stickers symbol, and select the ‘camera roll’ sticker.
- Select the same picture you put in your story initially.
- Squeeze to resize, and Overlay it on top of the other image so that it stands out against your new background color.
While there are a few steps to this process, it’s a terrific way to change up Instagram’s basic settings and allows you to customize your stories in more fascinating ways with whatever colors you choose.
How to make a transparent background color on an Instagram Story?
Imagine you wish to overlay a photo or video with a translucent backdrop color.
Here’s how you can do it:
- Upload a photo for your backdrop.
- Press the “Pen” button.
- Select the second pen option.
- At the bottom of your screen, select a color.
- Place your finger on the screen and hold it there.
And that’s how you can change background color on Instagram story.
How to change the background color without covering the photo or video?
If you want to change background color on Instagram story without covering the photo or video, you need first to upload a background color.
Follow the steps to know how to do that:
- Go to your Instagram Story and open it.
- Take a photo at random. Add color to the backdrop.
- To save the image, press the “Arrow” button at the top of your screen. To delete your story, press “x.”
- Swipe up on your screen or press the “Camera Roll” button to add your colorful image to your tale.
- Select “sticker” from the drop-down menu.
- Place your finger on the “Photo” sticker.
- Select your photo or video.
Done! Your image or video will be shown above the background color.
Change Your Instagram Story Background to a Solid Color
There are quick & easy ways to change background color on Instagram story to a solid color.
Follow these steps:
- Upload photo from the camera roll.
- Click on the “pen” tool.
- Choose from the preset color options or use the color dropper tool to select your own color.
- Keep your finger on the pen tool.
- Press and hold the center of your background for a long time.
Tip: You can use this process to make Instagram highlight covers as well. Simply upload your desired image (typically an icon of some type, such as an airplane to represent travel) and alter the backdrop color to your brand color. For each highlighted cover, repeat the process!
How to change background color when sharing post?
This one is a classic that most people already know about, but in case you don’t,
Here’s how to do it:
- Share a post from your feed to your Instagram stories.
- Shift the post to the left side of the screen.
- At the top, press the “Sticker” button.
- Select “Photo Sticker” from the drop-down menu.
- Choose a photo for your backdrop.
- Make the background image large enough to cover the entire screen from top to bottom.
- Hold your left thumb on the post and two fingers on the backdrop photo.
- While keeping your left thumb on the post, use your two fingers on the screen to move the background photo to the left, so it fits under the post.
And voila, you’re done!
This is the quickest way to share your Instagram Reels, Instagram Posts, or Videos while changing the background color on your Instagram Story.
Creative ways to change color in IG stories.
The eraser tool!
Being a little playful and sneaky is the best way to go. We can use the eraser tool to disclose areas of an image that are hidden behind a colored background.
- Begin a new story with a photo you’d like to share. Use the pen tool to create a solid background color as previously described. Select the eraser tool and reactivate the pen feature.
Now draw whatever you want on your screen, and there you have it! Voila!
Turn live photos into boomerangs!
In Instagram stories, live images can indeed turn into unique boomerangs. Keep in mind that live photos shot within the last 24 hours are required for this hack to operate. Here’s how to do it:
- Swipe up on Instagram Stories to select a live photo from your camera roll.
- Once you’ve made your choice, press down hard on the screen for a few seconds.
- The phrase “boomerang” will flash across the screen briefly.
That’s it! You’ve made a Boomerang out of your live snapshot!
Tip: People will interact with your content or follow your account if your Instagram bio is appealing. Want to spice up your Instagram bio? For classy bio ideas, visit the Instagram Bio Ideas blog.
How to change background color on Instagram story when reposting?
Let’s assume a friend has posted a story and tagged you in it, and you want to repost it while also changing the backdrop color on your Instagram story.
The following are the steps to follow:
- Select the story which you’ve been tagged.
- Press “Add This to Your Story.”
- At the bottom of the screen menu, choose your colors.
- Match the color of the reposted story with the droplet tool.
- Simply drag the dropper and drop it on the desired hue.
- Simply drag the dropper and drop it on the desired hue.
- Tap on the screen.
Voila!! That’s how you can change background color on Instagram story when reposting.
How to Change Background Color on Instagram Story?
You’re undoubtedly eager to get started now that you know how to change background color on Instagram Story. There are a variety of reasons why you would want to change the backdrop color of your Instagram Story, but one of the most common is to create branded Instagram highlight covers!
With a splash of color on your Instagram stories, you can keep your Instagram personal brand coherent and unique! You’re ready to take over the social media world now that you know how to change background color on Instagram Story! You’ll undoubtedly master the online appeal game if you use a social media scheduling tool.
Please share your thoughts on this Recurpost Blog & let us know what new tips and tricks you would like to hear from us next. Do share your thoughts in the comments below.
Frequently asked questions
It’s probably the most asked question. Here is a quick guide on how to do it:
Write text & select the whole text.
Hold your right thumb over the purple color.
Hold your left thumb on the text cursor.
Slide both fingers at the same time to the left.
Your letters will change colors.
A lot of people wonder how we change the background color.
This is how:
Write text and select a typewriter font.
Add the background (the default color is yellow).
Press a color on the bottom of the screen to change it
Or keep your finger pressed on one color to choose from the full-color palette.
White background: slide your finger all the way to the left of the palette.
You can color-block your Insta Story screen:
Take a random photo. Select the pen tool.
Choose the color at the bottom of your screen.
Hold your finger pressed against the screen to fill it with that color.
Then you can write text on top of it.
Yes, you can set a new background color for an Instagram story. Published stories are the exception. You can do so with the pen on the draw icon. Then you can change the color tint. You can even add effects with an eraser tool.
Yes, you can change background color on Instagram story on Android too. Here’s how to change the background color on Instagram Story:
Take a random photo.
Then choose the “three dot” option & choose the “draw” tool.
Choose the first pen option on top of your screen.
Choose the color at the bottom of the screen.
Hold your finger on the screen.
The whole screen will change color.
Debbie Moran is a Digital marketing strategist with 5+ years of experience producing advertising for brands and helping leaders showcase their brand to the correct audience. She has been a part of RecurPost since 2019 and handles all the activities required to grow our brand’s online presence.