Facebook is the biggest social media platform, with around 2.85 billion monthly active users continuously sharing pictures and videos with their friends and family. Apart from sharing their own content, people also like to share others’ posts that they find entertaining or informative.
But, if you’re posting something on your Facebook profile and want others to share it, you’ll need to ensure that the actual post is shareable first. This option should be active, especially when you are a brand with Facebook as a part of your social media marketing strategy.
Thus, in this blog, we’ll talk about how you can make a post shareable on Facebook profiles, pages, and groups and how to use social media scheduler to streamline your content across FB profiles, pages, and groups.
Share your Facebook posts for maximum reach!
RecurPost will give you the best times to post on Facebook for 2x reach.
What you’ll learn in this blog:
How to make a post shareable on Facebook
Follow the below steps to make your post shareable on Facebook to Increase Followers on Facebook:
- On your Facebook Home page, click on the ‘What’s on your mind?’
- Under your Facebook profile name, there’s a security button that you can click on.
- Click on it and you’ll see a list of options to change the post’s sharing settings. Change this to ‘Public’. Now the post can be shared by anyone on or off of the Facebook site.
If you select ‘Friends’, your post can be shared by anyone that you are friends with on Facebook. If you select ‘Friends Except’, your post can be shared by any of your friends except the ones that you indicate here.
On selecting ‘Specific Friends’, your post can only be shared by the people that you indicate here. Selecting ‘Only me’ would mean that only you can see and share the post. The ‘Custom’ option allows you to choose a list of people with whom you want to share the post.
How to make a post shareable on a Facebook page
Below are the steps to make a post shareable on a Facebook page, but before that, you should know how to create Facebook page for business:
- From your Facebook home page, click on Pages on the top of the left menu.
- From the list, choose the Page that has the post you wish to share.
- Scroll down the Page wall until you find the particular post. Click on Share on the lower right of the post to share it with others. Posts on a Page wall are all set to security level Public by default, and can’t be changed. Anyone who has access to a Page has the ability to share a post.
How to make a post shareable on a Facebook group that’s public
If you are in a Facebook group that is open to the public, anything you post in that group can be shared by members as long as you set the security settings as public.
- From your Facebook home page, click on ‘Groups’ on the top of the left menu.
- From the list of groups, select the one that you want to post on.
- You can post in the groups you administer/manage and in the ones that have turned posting permissions on for group members.
- On the homepage of the group, click on the button saying ‘Write something’.
- Here, create the post that you like and share it in the group. Since the group is public, a share button will appear in the lower right of the post using which anyone can share your post.
How to make a post shareable on Facebook in a closed group
If you’re in a private Facebook group, any posts you make within the group won’t be shareable outside of it. If you wish to make a post in your private Facebook Group that others can share, follow the below steps:
- Create the post on your own newsfeed/timeline and make sure that the post is sharable to the public.
- There will be a Share button on the lower-right corner of the post. Click on it and a drop-down menu will show up.
- Choose ‘Share to Group’ then select the private group you’re in.
- The post will then be shared to your group. Anyone else who wants to share it outside can go to the original post and share it from there.
Read More: How to Post on Instagram From PC?
How to make a post shareable on Facebook after posting
If you have already published a post on your Facebook profile without changing the privacy settings, don’t worry. You can still edit the security settings of older posts. To do this, follow the below steps:
- Go to your post history and find the post that you want to share.
- Click on the little globe icon beneath your profile name, right beside the date of the post.
- The menu of the security settings will appear. Choose the appropriate settings that you want from the list.
- Once you’ve selected your choice, the change will be applied to your post and the people who have permission will be able to share it.
How to make a post shareable on Facebook without making it public
You can designate specific friends, a group, or all friends except specific people if you wish to share a post but not make it public. While creating a post, simply select any option from ‘Friends except’, ‘Specific friends’, or ‘Custom’ and decide the people who can see and share your post without making it public.
However, remember that if you post a message on someone else’s wall, that person will have the ability to determine who gets to share that post.
How to make all your future posts public
Follow the below steps to make all your future posts public:
- Log in to your Facebook account and click on the little downward arrow on the top-right corner.
- From the drop down menu, click on ‘Settings and Privacy.’
- Next, click on ‘Settings’.
- Navigate to the ‘Privacy’ option from the left-hand side menu. In the ‘Your activity’ section, you will see the option of ‘Who can see your future posts’.
- You need to set this to ‘Public’ in order to make all your future posts public.
Why should you make your post shareable on Facebook?
There are a lot of people who want to keep their posts private on Facebook, and thus, they limit the sharing settings. However, some good reasons you might want to make a post shareable, especially when you are a business.
Some of them include:
- To share knowledge: Experts in certain fields may wish to make a post shareable so they can impart that knowledge more widely. Be wary of doing this though unless you know the information is 100% accurate.
- To highlight a local issue or event: If you’re involved in your local community, you may wish to share events or issues close to your heart so that other local people can learn about them.
- Sharing can be fun: Simply want to share a fun post with whoever happens to come across it? That’s possible, too, with your friends able to continue sharing it once you’ve made the post public.
How to schedule Facebook posts on profiles, groups, and pages
Why should you opt for automatic Facebook posting? Well, if you are a brand that wishes to make a presence on Facebook and want people to share your posts more, then you need to be consistent and frequently post on your profile, pages, as well as groups. Facebook requires you to post daily or thrice a week in order to keep appearing in people’s news feeds.
Now maintaining this frequency along with other social media platforms can be difficult and that’s when social media scheduling tools help. They let you schedule posts in advance, that too in bulk.
For the best scheduling experience, you need to select a Facebook post scheduler that lets you manage personal profiles, pages, as well as groups; so that you don’t have to switch tabs every now and then.
RecurPost is one such social media scheduler that lets you post to multiple social media at once from a single dashboard. You can upload content in bulk through CSV files by importing from social accounts or other websites (RSS feeds). RecurPost’s libraries allow you to create a dedicated space for the content of each Facebook account separately. This further keeps your social media calendar organized and lets you easily differentiate the content that will go out on FB profiles, pages, or groups.
Another helpful feature offered is the ability to schedule posts for the best time to post on Facebook. This feature will let you post the right content at the right time on your FB accounts. Simply select the option of ‘Auto-schedule for best time’ while scheduling a post. RecurPost will then study the engagement received on your previous posts and automatically schedule your content for the best time. Even with a social media bulk scheduling feature, you can plan and schedule hundreds of posts in advance.
Also, if you have been looking for a reasonable option other than Hootsuite, then RecurPost is amongst the best free Hootsuite Alternatives and Facebook Creator Studio Alternative you will find in the market.
You can take the 14-day free trial and experience putting your FB on autopilot!
Share your Facebook posts for maximum reach!
RecurPost will give you the best times to post on Facebook for 2x reach.
Knowing how to schedule Facebook post & making your Facebook posts shareable allows you to voice your opinions to the people you want to reach. It helps attract more people to your profile and increase your FB community with proper on-page SEO.
To take things up a level and increase your brand awareness, make sure not to get into Facebook Jail, schedule your social media for education posts using RecurPost, and keep your profile always active, thus increasing the chances of getting more shares. It’s the only tool that’ll allow you to schedule Facebook group posts as a profile or page, schedule posts on FB groups as a member of a group, schedule posts on FB groups as a page without being an admin, and schedule posts on personal profiles. Sign up for the free trial now.
Frequently Asked Questions
You probably have security settings that don’t allow public sharing. To change the settings, follow the below steps:
– Go to your post history and find the post that you want to share.
– Click on the little globe icon beneath your profile name, right beside the date of the post.
– The menu of the security settings will appear. Choose the appropriate settings that you want from the list.
– Once you’ve selected your choice, the change will be applied to your post and the people who have permission will be able to share it.
To make your Facebook post shareable, follow the below steps:
– On your Facebook Home page, click on the ‘What’s on your mind?’
– Under your Facebook profile name, there’s a security button that you can click on.
– Click on it and you’ll see a list of options to change the post’s sharing settings. Change this to ‘Public’. Now the post can be shared by anyone on or off of the Facebook site.
– First, log on to Facebook, then click on the little downward-facing arrow in the top-right corner.
– From the drop-down menu, click on ‘Settings and Privacy’.
– Again, click on ‘Settings’ and navigate to the ‘Privacy’ tab from the left-hand side menu.
– In the ‘Your activity’ section, there will be the option of ‘Who can see your future posts’.
– Change the setting to Public or private as per your needs.
If there is no share option in a Facebook post, that means the sharer has limited its shareability. This means you can’t directly share the post using the share button. However, there’s a way around this. Go to the timestamp below the post (which shows the time at which the post was published, ex. 2 hours).
Right click on it and select ‘Copy link address’ from the drop-down menu. Now paste this link in your ‘Create post’ box and the post will appear. Now remove the link text and upload the post!
You need to edit the privacy settings to make your post shareable on Facebook. To do so, follow the below steps:
– Find the post you want to make shareable and tap the three dots in the upper right corner.
– In the pop-up menu, tap “Edit Audience.”
– In the next menu, tap on “Public” or any other relevant option and you’ll be done. A share button will appear on your post and the selected audience will be able to share it.
Debbie Moran is a Digital marketing strategist with 5+ years of experience producing advertising for brands and helping leaders showcase their brand to the correct audience. She has been a part of RecurPost since 2019 and handles all the activities required to grow our brand’s online presence.