Hey there! Are you looking to level up your social media game with Facebook Stories? Well, you’re in luck because we’ve got 9 actionable tips to help you create a powerful strategy that will get your audience engaged and coming back for more.
FB Stories have quickly become a popular way to share content on social media, with over 500 million daily active users. These short-form, visual stories are a great way to showcase your brand’s personality, connect with your audience, and keep them entertained.
But with so many users and content out there, it can be challenging to stand out and create a strategy that works for your brand. That’s where these 9 tips come in. We’ll walk you through how to define your objectives, create engaging visuals, incorporate user-generated content, how to post consistently on Facebook using a social media scheduler, and more.
So, if you’re ready to take your FB Stories to the next level, let’s dive in!
Table of Contents for How to Use Facebook Stories
- What are Facebook Stories?
- Importance of Facebook Stories
- 9 Actionable Tips to Use Facebook Stories
- How to Post on Facebook Consistently
- Frequently Asked Questions
What are Facebook Stories?
If you’re not already familiar with FB Stories, it’s a feature on the Facebook platform that allows you to share short-lived photos and videos that disappear after 24 hours. This feature is designed to be a more casual and authentic way of sharing content with your friends, family, and followers.
To access a Facebook story, simply tap on the camera icon in the top left corner of your Facebook mobile app or swipe right from your News Feed. From there, you can take photos or videos, apply filters, add text or stickers, and share them with your audience.
Your Stories will be displayed at the top of your News Feed and are visible to your friends and followers. You can also choose to share your Facebook story with a select group of people by creating a “Close Friends” list.
Overall, Stories is a fun and engaging way for you to share your daily moments with your network, and for businesses to connect with their audience in a more authentic way.
Importance of Facebook Stories
First and foremost, Facebook Stories offer a more authentic and spontaneous way of sharing content with your audience. Unlike regular posts or Facebook ads, Stories allow you to show behind-the-scenes moments, highlight your personality, and share real-time updates that your followers can connect with.
Moreover, FB Stories have become an integral part of social media marketing for businesses. By using Stories to showcase their products or services, businesses can increase brand awareness, engagement, and sales. Additionally, businesses can use the “swipe up” feature in their Stories to direct followers to their website or landing page, ultimately driving conversions and revenue.
Lastly, Stories are a great way to stay on top of mind with your audience. With their prominent placement at the top of the News Feed, Stories are a great way to maintain visibility and remind your followers to engage with your content.
FB Stories offer a unique opportunity to showcase your personality and connect with your audience on a more personal level. For businesses, it’s an essential tool for increasing brand awareness, engagement, and sales.
Additionally, by learning how to schedule posts on Facebook groups, you can ensure consistent storytelling, maintain audience interest, and effectively promote your brand or community.
Now, let’s dive into our complete guide of tips for making amazing stories!
9 Actionable Tips to Create Facebook Stories Strategy
Define Your Objectives
Importance of Objective-Setting:
Setting clear and specific objectives for your FB Stories will help you focus your efforts and ensure that when you create content, it is aligned with your overall business goals. Objectives also help you track your progress and measure the effectiveness of your stories over time. Without clear objectives, it’s easy to get sidetracked and lose sight of what you’re trying to achieve.
Examples of Objectives for Facebook Stories:
Your objectives for Facebook Stories will depend on your overall business goals and what you want to achieve through your social media presence. Here are a few examples of objectives you could set for your FB Stories:
- Increase brand awareness
- Drive website traffic
- Boost engagement with your audience
- Promote new products or services
- Build brand loyalty and customer relationships
How to Measure Success:
Measuring the success of your Stories is essential to know what’s working and what’s not. Some metrics to consider include:
- Views: How many people are viewing your stories
- Completion rate: What percentage of viewers are watching your entire story
- Engagement: How many people are interacting with your stories (e.g., likes, comments, shares)
- Click-through rate: How many people are clicking through to your website or landing page from your stories
By tracking these metrics and comparing them to your objectives, you can determine whether your Stories strategy is working or whether you need to make adjustments to achieve your goals.
Know Your Audience
Importance of Audience Analysis:
Audience analysis helps you understand who your target audience is, what they’re interested in, and what motivates them. With this information, you can curate content that speaks directly to their needs and interests, which will increase engagement and build a loyal following.
How to Identify Your Audience:
To identify your audience, start by looking at your existing customer base. Who are they, and what are their demographics, interests, and behaviors? You can also conduct surveys, focus groups, or social media listening to gather additional information about your audience.
Once you have a good understanding of your existing audience, you can use social media analytics tools to gather information about your followers, such as their age, gender, location, and interests. This information can help you create customer personas that represent your ideal audience members.
Creating Stories for Your Target Audience:
Once you know your audience, you can start creating Facebook Stories that speak directly to their needs and interests. Use the Facebook stories views and other insights you gathered during your audience analysis to do digital storytelling that resonates with your target market. For example, if your audience is primarily young women interested in fashion, you could create stories showcasing new clothing lines, styling tips, and behind-the-scenes looks at your design process.
Additionally, consider the tone and style of your content. Your Stories should reflect your brand’s personality and voice, but also be tailored to your audience’s preferences. For example, if your target market is primarily Gen Z, you might use a more informal and playful tone in your stories. You can also consider running a Facebook stories ad on your Facebook business account to reach more people.
Leverage the Power of Visuals
Why Visuals Matter:
Visuals are a critical component of Stories because they capture attention and convey emotions in a way that text alone cannot. In fact, research shows that visuals are processed 60,000 times faster than text, making them a powerful tool for grabbing and holding your audience’s attention.
Visuals also help to convey your brand’s personality and identity. By using consistent branding elements such as colors, fonts, and graphics in your FB Stories, you can reinforce your brand identity and create a cohesive visual experience for your audience.
Types of Visuals to Use:
There are several types of visuals that you can use in your Stories, including:
- Photos: High-quality images can be used to showcase products, services, or events.
- Videos: Short-form videos can be used to showcase behind-the-scenes looks, customer testimonials, or promotional offers.
- Graphics and illustrations: Custom graphics and illustrations can help you create a unique visual style that sets your brand apart.
- GIFs: Animated GIFs are a fun and engaging way to add movement to your stories.
How to Create Engaging Visuals for Facebook Stories:
To create engaging visuals for your Stories, consider the following tips:
- Keep it simple: Avoid cluttering your stories with too many visual elements. Focus on one or two key visuals that support your message.
- Use bright and bold colors: Bright and bold colors tend to grab attention and create a memorable impression. You can also use face filters to create some funny stories.
- Incorporate text: Use text overlays to highlight key messages or add context to your visuals.
- Add movement: Use animations or GIFs to add movement and create a dynamic visual experience.
- Use branded elements: Incorporate your brand’s colors, fonts, and graphics to create a cohesive visual identity across all of your social media platforms.
Incorporate User-Generated Content
Explanation of User-Generated Content:
User-generated content (UGC) is any content created by your audience that features or references your brand. This can include photos, videos, reviews, testimonials, and social media posts.
Advantages of Using UGC in Stories:
There are several advantages to incorporating UGC into your Stories:
- Authenticity: UGC is often more authentic and trustworthy than branded content, as it comes from real customers who have had genuine experiences with your brand.
- Social proof: UGC serves as social proof, showing potential customers that others have already had positive experiences with your brand.
- Engagement: UGC can help to increase engagement with your audience, as it encourages them to participate in the conversation and share their own experiences.
How to Source and Use UGC:
To source UGC for your Stories, consider the following tactics:
- Encourage your audience to share content: Ask your followers to share photos or videos featuring your brand, or to use a branded hashtag when they post on social media. You can then take their Facebook stories screenshot and reshare them.
- Monitor social media mentions: Use social listening tools to monitor mentions of your brand on social media, and reach out to users who have posted positive content to ask for permission to feature it in your stories.
- Host a contest: Host a contest or giveaway that encourages your audience to create and share UGC related to your brand.
When using UGC in your Stories, be sure to follow these guidelines:
- Always get permission from the creator of the content before featuring it in your stories.
- Give credit to the creator of the content by tagging their social media handle or including their username in your story.
- Ensure that the UGC you feature in your stories is of high quality and aligns with your brand’s values and messaging.
Recommended Read: How To Schedule Posts on Facebook Groups Effectively
Add Music and Sound Effects
Why Music and Sound Effects are Important:
Music and sound effects can enhance the mood and atmosphere of your stories, creating a more immersive experience for your audience. They can also help to create a stronger emotional connection with your audience, evoking feelings of nostalgia, excitement, or relaxation.
Types of Music and Sound Effects to Use:
When selecting music and sound effects for your Facebook Stories work, consider the following:
- Genre: Choose a genre of music that aligns with the theme and tone of your story. For example, use upbeat music for a story about a fun event, or use soft music for a story about a sentimental moment.
- Length: Select music that is appropriate for the length of your story. If your story is short, choose a shorter song that won’t overpower the visuals. If your story is longer, choose a longer song or consider using multiple songs.
- Sound effects: Use sound effects to emphasize important moments in your story, such as a dramatic reveal or a funny moment.
How to Add on Music and Sound Effects to Your Stories:
To add on music and sound effects to your Stories, follow these steps:
- Choose a song or sound effect that you want to use in your story.
- Open the Stories camera and record or upload your video or photo.
- Click on the “Stickers” icon and select the “Music” or “Sound” option.
- Search for the song or sound effect that you want to use and select it.
- Adjust the volume and duration of the music or sound effect as needed.
- Share your story with your audience.
Use Interactive Features
Understanding Interactive Features:
Interactive features are elements that encourage your audience to engage with your content. They can include things like polls, quizzes, questions, and stickers. By using these features, you can create a more interactive and engaging experience for your audience. You can create and promote Facebook events for your brand by creating interactive Facebook stories.
Benefits of Using Interactive Features:
Using interactive features while create Facebook story content can offer several benefits, including:
- Increased engagement: Interactive features encourage your audience to engage with your content, which can lead to higher engagement rates and increased shares and views.
- Better understanding of your audience: Polls and questions can help you better understand your audience’s preferences and interests, which can inform your content strategy moving forward.
- More opportunities for feedback: By asking for feedback and opinions from your audience, you can get valuable insights into how to improve your content and engage with your audience more effectively.
Keep It Short and Sweet
Importance of Short Stories:
In today’s fast-paced digital world, attention spans are short, and content is consumed quickly. Short Stories that get straight to the point can help you capture your audience’s attention before they move on to the next thing.
Recommended Length for Facebook Stories:
The recommended length for Stories is 15 seconds or less per slide. However, you can create longer stories by dividing them into shorter segments. For example, you could create a story that is three slides long, each slide lasting five seconds.
How to Create Short and Engaging Stories:
Here are a few tips for creating short and engaging Stories:
- Start with a hook: Capture your audience’s attention right away by starting your story with a hook. For example, you could use a striking image or a provocative question to pique your audience’s interest.
- Use simple language: Keep your language simple and easy to understand. Use short sentences and avoid jargon or complex terms that could confuse your audience.
- Focus on a single message: Each slide in your story should focus on a single message or idea. This will help you keep your story short and easy to follow.
- Use visuals to convey your message: Visuals can help you convey your message quickly and effectively. Use images, videos, and animations to help illustrate your point and keep your audience engaged.
Importance of Consistency:
Consistency is key when it comes to building your brand and engaging with your audience. Posting stories regularly and consistently can help you stay top-of-mind with your audience, build brand awareness, establish trust with your followers, and social media bulk scheduling is the key to doing it.
How Often to Post Stories:
The frequency with which you should post stories on Facebook can vary depending on your goals and audience. Generally, it’s a good idea to post at least once a day to keep your audience engaged and up-to-date with your brand. However, if you’re just starting out or have a smaller following, you may want to post less frequently to avoid overwhelming your audience.
Maintaining Consistency in Your Stories:
Here are a few tips for maintaining consistency in your Stories:
- Establish a schedule: Create a content calendar and schedule Facebook posts and stories in advance. This will help you stay organized and ensure that you’re posting consistently.
- Use branding elements: Incorporate your brand’s colors, fonts, and other design elements into your stories. This will help you establish a consistent visual identity and make it easier for your audience to recognize your brand.
- Stick to your message: Ensure that each story you post is consistent with your brand’s message and values. This will help you build trust with your audience and establish your brand as a reliable source of information.
- Engage with your audience: Respond to comments and messages from your followers and incorporate their feedback into your stories. This will help you build a community around your brand and increase engagement with your content.
Analyze and Adjust Your Strategy
Importance of Analytics:
Analyzing your Stories’ performance is essential to understanding how your audience is engaging with your content. When you view Facebook insights and monitor them regularly, you can gain insights into what types of stories are resonating with your audience, what content is driving the most engagement, and what areas of your strategy may need improvement. With this information, you can adjust your strategy to optimize your content and improve your overall performance.
How to Analyze Your Stories:
To analyze your Facebook Stories insights, you can use the analytics provided by Facebook Insights. These analytics can give you insights into metrics such as reach, impressions, engagement, and retention rate. Some key metrics to pay attention to include:
- Reach: The number of unique users who viewed your story
- Impressions: The total number of times your story was viewed
- Engagement: The number of interactions your story received (e.g., likes, comments, shares)
- Retention rate: The percentage of viewers who watched your entire story
By regularly monitoring these metrics, you can gain a better understanding of how your audience is engaging with your content and adjust your strategy accordingly. With this metrics, you can get a clear picture to go further in sales process.
Adjusting Your Strategy Based on Analytics:
Based on your analytics, there are several adjustments you can make to your Stories strategy:
- Focus on what works: Identify the types of stories that are driving the most engagement and focus on creating more social media content that is similar in style or theme. You can also download Facebook stories and repurpose the well-performing ones.
- Experiment with different formats: If you notice that certain formats (e.g., carousels, videos, polls) are performing better than others, try incorporating more of these formats into your stories. A Facebook story video might perform better than a still photo, for example.
- Optimize your content: Use the insights from your analytics to optimize your content for maximum engagement. For example, if you notice that your retention rate drops off after the first few frames of your story, consider starting with a more attention-grabbing opening.
- Engage with your audience: Use the feedback you receive from your audience (e.g., comments, DMs) to inform your content and adjust your strategy.
How to edit Facebook Stories
- Begin by logging into your Facebook account.
- Once you’re on the Facebook page, locate the menu icon represented by three horizontal lines in the upper-right corner.
- Afterward, tap on your name to access your profile page.
- Scroll down until you find the section called “Story highlights.”
- Press and hold the story highlight that you wish to edit.
- From there, select “Edit Highlight” and carefully follow the provided steps to finalize the editing procedure.
How to Post on Facebook Consistently
Posting on Facebook consistently can be a challenge, especially if you have other priorities to focus on. That’s where RecurPost comes in – a social media management tool that allows you to schedule and automate your Facebook posts.
After connecting your Facebook account to your RecurPost account, you can start scheduling posts for your profiles, pages, and groups all within the platform. To get started, click on “Add social accounts” and select the Facebook option. Then, choose “Page” to access all the pages on your Facebook account.
RecurPost will list all of the existing pages on your connected Facebook account. Likewise, you can also connect groups and personal Facebook profiles.
To schedule a post, simply click on the “Add” tab for the profiles you want to post to, add your content (including images, videos, captions, and hashtags), and click “Schedule for later” to select a specific date and time for your post to go live. You can even choose to have RecurPost automatically schedule your post for the best possible reach.
Once you’ve scheduled your post, you can see it in the queue section of the dashboard, where you can preview or edit it using the eye or pencil icon, respectively. This makes it easy to ensure your Facebook posts are consistent and high-quality, without having to spend too much time manually scheduling each post. Here’s a blog to know more about how to use RecurPost to schedule Facebook posts.
Other Platforms Supported By RecurPost
Apart from scheduling your Facebook posts in advance, you can also automate your content on other social media platforms using RecurPost.
You can schedule Instagram posts on personal profiles, creator as well as business accounts. While scheduling these posts, you can automatically upload them at the best time and gain maximum engagement on your content. RecurPost lets you schedule LinkedIn posts on personal profiles and company pages, ensuring that your professional presence stays updated.
Along with that, RecurPost offers you the ability to schedule tweets on multiple Twitter accounts. You can schedule a tweet carrying the same message multiple times by creating variations. If you have an audience on Pinterest, you can also schedule pins easily and keep your boards always active.
Last but not the least, you can maintain your presence on GMB listings with the option to schedule Google My Business posts, along with your choice of call to action.
Facebook Stories are a powerful way to engage with your audience and increase brand awareness. By following these nine actionable tips, including setting objectives, knowing your audience, incorporating visuals and user-generated content, using interactive features, and consistently analyzing and adjusting your strategy, you can create and post engaging FB Stories.
And with tools like RecurPost, which is one of the best free HootSuite alternatives and HopperHQ alternatives, you can simplify the process and post consistently, increasing your chances of success. So start implementing these tips today, and take your Stories strategy to the next level!
Oh, and don’t forget to sign up for RecurPost to manage your Facebook accounts seamlessly!
Frequently Asked Questions
Facebook stories size is limited to 1080 pixels wide by 1920 pixels tall, i.e, aspect ratio of 9:16.
The length of a Facebook story can vary between 1 to 20 seconds per individual slide.
To effectively use FB stories, post visually appealing content that is authentic, timely, and engaging, and use features such as stickers, text, and hashtags to increase visibility and encourage user engagement.
To get more engagement on your Stories, use eye-catching visuals, add interactive features such as polls or questions, post at peak times, and engage with your audience by responding to comments and messages.
If you wish to promote a Facebook story, you can tap on the “Boost Story” option located beneath the story, and in case you have already promoted a story, then you can select the “Boost” option again to promote it further.
To hide Facebook stories, tap and hold the story you want to hide, select the “Hide Story” option, and confirm by tapping “Hide” again.
Yes, hashtags work on stories and can increase visibility and engagement by making your content more discoverable to users who are interested in the same topics according to the Facebook algorithm.
To add FB Stories Highlights, tap on the “Add to Story” button, choose the stories you want to include, and then click on the “Highlight” option to create a new highlight album or add them to an existing one.
Facebook Stories are temporary, visual posts that users can share on their Facebook profile or page, consisting of photos, videos, or text that disappear after 24 hours.
Yes, you can take screenshots of Facebook stories using the screenshot functionality on your device.
Facebook stories last for 24 hours. You can create a story highlight if you want to keep them on your profile forever.
To access your story archive on Facebook, follow these steps: Tap the icon located in the upper right corner of the Facebook app, then select your name, scroll down below your cover photo, and tap on “Archive.” From there, choose “Story Archive” at the top.
Amaiya Rathi is a Senior Content Writer at RecurPost. She helps RecurPost communicate with their readers in their own language. Whether it is the web copy, social media posts or blogs, Amaiya has worked on all aspects of copywriting. You can reach out to her at [email protected].